Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detron Accuracy !

Vanish.Wolfen

Hi everyone. Lately I got myself Bronco Prime and Detron. Love them both. But like the title said, I can't explain Detron's stupid accuracy. It's been written as 7.1, compare to Bronco Prime only 3.4. But when I actually use them both. I can see it crystal clear that Bronco Prime accuracy is far more superior than Detron. Don't know what DE think. So either Detron need a buff or Bronco Prime will be nerfed.

Detron

YoeQC6o.jpg  DJZv4pb.jpg

Bronco Prime

OoSQgKY.jpg  wViWe9K.jpg

So 3.4 accuracy is better than 7.1 accuracy ? What a logic !

Look at your pictures again. The 3.4 has some really wide firing stuff. Detron has a larger spread by virtue of how many more pellets it has, but the spread is a tight circle, compared to the wild landings of the bronco.

Look at the pictures again. I choose the wall has a grinner logo for reason. If you compare the spread with the logo size, you will see. Detron spread is too high. In Bronco Prime images, a shot will have 14 pellets but you can only see 4 to 5 pellets because the accuracy is good, now look at Detron images and count the pellets. When you shoot at an enemy about 20m away, you'll miss half the pellets. Bronco Prime don't miss that much. I can confirm that cause I played them both, tested them both, and I tested carefully tho.

The Accuracy numbers don't relate to actually how accurate the gun is.

Look at the Dera, the wiki may say it's 100% which it is. Ingame it dictates it's 28.3.

For a moment lets say 28.3 is 100% accuracy for the Dera. When you add Heavy Calibur the accuracy loss is actually less. Having 30% accuracy doesn't actually make the Dera 30% less accurate. Only 30% off 28.3. You'll probably find the Dera is still over 90% from pin point accuracy despite the 30% reduction from a modded heavy calibur.

Right so this isn't the same as the Dera. However using Multishot makes the Detron appear less accurate.

But Detron has really small damage fall off, just sayin.

#Detronmasterrace

Look at your pictures again. The 3.4 has some really wide firing stuff. Detron has a larger spread by virtue of how many more pellets it has, but the spread is a tight circle, compared to the wild landings of the bronco.

When you look at the pictures you also have to compensate where the crosshair is from the recoil. I honestly don't know which is better though.

The actual spread of hitscan shotguns is approximately twice as large as is shown.

All hitscan shotguns are currently bugged to only show 4 or fewer pellets impacts, regardless of the number of actual shots.

But more importantly, the 4 pellets that are shown follow a very specific pattern to the left of the crosshair. You must imagine the actual spread pattern to be about twice the size of the shown pattern to account for the missing pellets to the right of the crosshair. You can confirm that there are additional shots to the right of the crosshair by aiming way left of an enemy and watching as shots are still connecting to the right.

aj01.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/3726/aj01.jpg

yoa1.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/6836/yoa1.jpg

Pictures were taken by shooting, waiting for the crosshair to reset after recoil, and shooting again. Repeatedly. Click the links to see full sized pictures.

Edited by Pythadragon

Pythadragon is correct, the 4 shots you see from shotguns tend to consistently fall in somewhere between one half and one quarter of the left of the reticle. Because Detron shows all its 'pellets' its spread appears larger. 

Grab two friends and hit up the conclave see how far apart they can stand and your guns can still hit them both. That would be a better test. 

Pytha, it's not bugged. It's done that way so the shotguns don't leave too many pellet holes

Biggest offender being BP, if all bullets showed with multishot.

He's not talking about the limited number but there spreading pattern is set to appear closer to the left of the limit and never head right. It limits the visual extent of the spread. Look at both OPs pics for the bronco and notice that the farthest marker to the right only touches about a point below the middle of the crosshair. Nothing spreads to the right of it. 

Edited by LukeAura

Pytha, it's not bugged. It's done that way so the shotguns don't leave too many pellet holes

Biggest offender being BP, if all bullets showed with multishot.

I reported it to support where it was acknowledged as a bug.

If the game can render all 21 projectiles from a detron with full multishot, it should be able to handle all 18 hitscan projectiles from boar prime. In a previous update, this used to be the case. I fondly remember seeing large yellow pie tins erupting on walls from people using full multishot brakks with 30(!) projectiles.

I understand limiting projectiles for console users who may need to compromise visual fidelity for performance, but not for PC users. Please report it as a bug to support as well if this bothers you.

Edited by Pythadragon