The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

What Happened To Warframe?

Ergo_Voyager

Played the game since Vauban released. Had lots of fun and an overall good performance. Dropped the game when they released Valkyrie because I got into other games.

Now months later I come back and ,besides the new hud and visual stuff, I'm getting constant stutter and crashes every 4-6 minutes. Why is this? The game freezes and crashes even in the lowest settings when before , I was able to run it on high. Did you break the engine? Did the requisites go too high?

Played the game since Vauban released. Had lots of fun and an overall good performance. Dropped the game when they released Valkyrie because I got into other games.

Now months later I come back and ,besides the new hud and visual stuff, I'm getting constant stutter and crashes every 4-6 minutes. Why is this? The game freezes and crashes even in the lowest settings when before , I was able to run it on high. Did you break the engine? Did the requisites go too high?

No to both questions -- in some cases, people have gotten better performance with each subsequent patch.

Always make sure your drivers are fully up-to-date before thinking the game (and I mean any game, not just Warframe) is at fault for performance issues.

A lot has changed, many subtle and not-so-subtle.

Highlights:

Melee 2.0 - weapons can be equipped and there are stance mods which give combos.

Damage 2.0 - look it up on the wiki.

Revised/new game types (e.g. Interception, Rescue 2.0, Operations)

New frame - look up the new ones on wiki.

As for the crashes, I believe it might be a problem on your side, either defrag/verify integrity on the launcher and see if it fixes it. Otherwise, send a support ticket.

Edited by PEELZHERE92

every single user will have a different experience, due to the wide array of hardware and software.

Optimization comes and goes for any particular set, it can be broken at any time, even to into the redzone, of running specifically badly on a specific combination.

so if you're finding that Warframe is running terribly or crashing or something that shouldn't be happening - tell Support about it.

oh, and i finally wrote up a detailed explanation, so i can't inadvertantly not be as useful as i could be due to laziness! much rejoice. this process talks about Crashes, but is still applicable for other performance issues.

- when your issue occours, after Warframe has terminated, immediately go to your Local Appdata, and grab the Evolution Engine Log (EE.Log) from the Warframe folder. this file is wiped each time Warframe launches, so if you run Warframe again after the session with the issue, the Log will be useless.
for Windows Vista / 7 platforms, this should look something like this: (Boot Drive letter):\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Warframe\EE.log

copy this file to a different location for the time being, as when Warframe launches, this file is overwritten, and you need the data that's in the file as it stands after the Crash.

- go to Support, create a Support Ticket, and fill out the forms appropriately (Tech - Crashing would probably be appropriate here).
then, upload the EE.Log to the webpage.

- next, you'll need a Direct X Diagnostic Report (Dxdiag).
how to open Dxdiag:

st8JLTC.png

(if you're asked a question when you run DxDiag, just click yes)

now, save all information to a file. where ever is convenient, the Desktop is pretty convenient, you'll delete this file after you attach it to the Support Ticket anyways.

RoN6czl.png

- now, if you haven't done so already, attach these two files to your Support Ticket. you can either browse for them, or you can drag them to the Attach zone to automatically upload them.

- lastly, explain your issue in the fullest detail that you can. what was going on at the time of crash, how many players, what mission type and what node you were playing, anything that might be relevant. 
and don't forget to submit your Support Ticket.

(if you're not sure how to login to Support, it's the same account you use for Warframe and the Forums!)
Edited by taiiat

i had huge FPS drops since U12 came out, not even a single hotfix or update fixed that (only void was fine)

so i decided to reinstall my windows, put on newest drivers, net framework an so on and vuala high FPS, game freezes onec a month, crashes dont occur so reinstall is you best bet

OP remember to set the game to dx11 in the launcher if you have a dx11 gpu and also turn on multithreaded rendering as well, as this improves performance quite a bit too, and finally make sure the game is running in 64 bit mode if you have a 64bit OS, as the game can quite easilly use the full 2gb memory allocation it has if it is running in 32bit mode or on a 32 bit OS.

These options are accessed through the cog in the upper right corner on the launcher.

he is right there was something its all over the forum ppl that could play on high and now cant play on the lowes with everything off cuz its the same for me i could play all game tipes no prob. now cant play anything without lag and the lag is the same no matter wat seting i have everything on i still get 5-9 FPS on high or low everything on or off no better or worse and the other comps on my net play it just fine even older comps do it was after a update or when something new was added that it started even ppl with gamming comps are saying that there haveing same problems and i have changed the 64 bit and MTR. MTR only makes it worse

Edited by Tyedarel