Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion : Launcher Weapons ; Should They Have Their Own Category Or Not?

Deidaku

Hey guys 

So I just wanted to see the opinions on this matter.

There are launcher weapons in this game but they share the same ammo pool as rifles and  snipers for Miter.

They function with rifle amp and any rifle oriented mod.

Why is it so? Their numbers are great enough to be a category of their own right?

We have like 4 bows and they are their own thing. ( yes they draw from the sniper ammo pool but they kinda work like snipers)

So should launchers : Penta  , Ogris , Miter , Angstrum ,torid and miter , have their own ammo pool and specific "launcher" mods?

Let's discuss :)

They should not have their own ammo pool. They should take from the sniper ammo pool, but take less ammo based on which weapon.

For example, Ogris should start with a set number of rocket, a small amount. The amount picked up per drop should only be like 1-2.

Edit: The also really do need a lower amount of starting ammo.

Edited by TheStag

They should. And ammo should be some what rare like sniper ammo. Just to lessen the ability to spam ogris rockets all day, everyday. Not that it will matter too much because of ammo restores. But with room clearing OP weapons there should be a rarity of ammo drops at least.

Edit: Or something like what TheStag said. Though either way its effectively the same thing.

But yeah, should definitly be some sort of change made.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

No. Just stop talking forever.

Read the entire thing, and it will make sense. There is no need to dilute the ammo drops with another type of ammo.

Hah wow this is coming from a guy who called Loki players garbage. I am sorry, but some of the best players in the game are Loki.

Edited by TheStag

well, for one, you probably should edit out angstrum since it goes into the pistol slot and you put miter in there twice. second of all, launchers like ogris and penta do have a unique mod that makes the explosions bigger. third of all, really only orgis should have less ammo,due to its insane damage. penta does decent damage yes, but its both not as powerful nor as long ranged as ogris ,torid needs lots of ammo as its revolves around area DOT and grenade spam, miter already used sniper ammo and until they upped its damage that made it mostly useless, and lets just leave angstrum out of this as its disqualified for being a pistol.

this is a silly topic, and you should do more research. 

This argument goes for snipers as well. They use sniper ammo,but use rifle mods. Why don't they have a special set of mods just for them? That's because it's unnecessary for snipers, bows, and launchers to have their own basic mods. If there's any mod just for a specific class, it will only be equippable on that class: Firestorm and Primed Chamber.

If rifle mods were labeled as Primary mods and sniper ammo as high-caliber ammo, then there wouldn't be any inconsistencies. Also, TheStag's suggestion.

Edited by AlchemistMute

yes 'launchers' should have their own ammo pool

but even moreso, we need a complete over haul of the ammo system, ie ammo 2.0

its not enough to just put launchers into the sniper ammo category, even though that is what should have happen like 12 months ago =/

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

There is no reason for ammo drop dilution with another type of drop. Just rename sniper ammo to special ammo or something.

>.> You all sound as if you support dilution, which is what everyone screams against in the void.

git gud scrubs

There is no reason for ammo drop dilution with another type of drop. Just rename sniper ammo to special ammo or something.

>.> You all sound as if you support dilution, which is what everyone screams against in the void.

git gud scrubs

Dilution for mods and rewards. No ones ever complained about ammo dilution. Adding another ammo type wouldn't really make much a difference.

In any case weapons like the ogris and penta should not be drawing from one of the most common ammo types at least.

Its absurd.

I honestly suspect de would get more complaints if they changed it, people tend to not talk about things like this or other weapons if they feel happy with them.

I do agree that ogris is waaaaaay to powerful and it needs less ammo, but the other guns are fine with the ammo they have.

the biggest problem here is that you are suggesting a decently sized change for a problem that barely even exists. the most they they would need to do is change them over to sniper ammo, instead of overhauling the system. and of course, if you were to include angstrum into the mix, that a whole other mess seeing as pistols only have one ammo type.

it would be easier to rebalance the ammo and weapons instead of tearing down a perfectly good system.

and also yes, i have complained about a lack of ammo. but that's supposed to happen. they probably should at least change the ammo storage capacity depending on the gun. i know they can do it, i've used grakata!

Edited by Zoig

Yes!

Actually I could imagine this to be redone entirely - add a new category for heavy weapons.

This would allow the addition of real heavy machinery such as gatling guns. Maybe also resize / reskin some existing weapons: the Ogris is simply too small (imo)... so is the ignis - to me, a flamethrower should be a heavy weapon (fallout like model maybe).

And while they do more damage than regular firearms, you can not at the same time equip a melee weapon or a secondary when a heavy weapon is equipped.

Just a idea... not possible to do this, I know´.

I honestly suspect de would get more complaints if they changed it, people tend to not talk about things like this or other weapons if they feel happy with them.

I do agree that ogris is waaaaaay to powerful and it needs less ammo, but the other guns are fine with the ammo they have.

the biggest problem here is that you are suggesting a decently sized change for a problem that barely even exists. the most they they would need to do is change them over to sniper ammo, instead of overhauling the system. and of course, if you were to include angstrum into the mix, that a whole other mess seeing as pistols only have one ammo type.

it would be easier to rebalance the ammo and weapons instead of tearing down a perfectly good system.

and also yes, i have complained about a lack of ammo. but that's supposed to happen. they probably should at least change the ammo storage capacity depending on the gun. i know they can do it, i've used grakata!

They get complaints regardless of what they do. But I'm all for switching them to sniper ammo and changing their capacity/how much they pick up per drop. WIll have a similar effect. The forums have a pathological fear of change. So that will keep most people happy.

This argument goes for snipers as well. They use sniper ammo,but use rifle mods. Why don't they have a special set of mods just for them? That's because it's unnecessary for snipers, bows, and launchers to have their own basic mods. If there's any mod just for a specific class, it will only be equippable on that class: Firestorm and Primed Chamber.

If rifle mods were labeled as Primary mods and sniper ammo as high-caliber ammo, then there wouldn't be any inconsistencies. Also, TheStag's suggestion.

because they are 

sniper rifles

Launchers shouldn't get a unique ammo type - We already have enough to cover everything necessary in game - Rifle, Pistol (AKA: Secondary), Shotgun and Sniper (Which is referred to as Bow Ammo when using a Bow)

Just make it so when you pick up Sniper ammo it says "Launcher Ammo" instead and it'll be fine.

As far as ammo pools and pickups go, I think they shouldn't be tied purely to weapon type (520 supply and +20 pickup for Rifle, 210 supply and +20 pickup for Pistol, 120 supply and +10 pickup for Shotguns and 74 supply and +10 pickup for Bows/Snipers) and should instead be based on weapon functions - I.E. The big damage single hitters like Launchers, Bows and Snipers should have a lower supply and a lower pickup rate while bullet hose weapons like Twin Vipers, Gorgon and Supra should have a higher supply and larger pickup rate.

As far as Launcher specific mods - Firestorm does exist (And really should be able to be used on Torid). I can't think of what else would be needed that would be Launcher specific, especially with how varied they all work (Ogris uses charge, Penta uses arcing grenades that are manually detonated, Torid uses projectiles that stick to targets/surfaces and Miter shoots saw blades and can be charged or fired repeatedly while uncharged)