Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game needs a credit sink

AriaOfValor

Not sure if one is planned but one thing I noticed is that there doesn't seem to be anywhere for players to use their credits once they get the gear they want. There needs to be a way for players to use up credits that is still useful to players with end game gear. The new ammo packs and similar are a start but unlikely to be used heavily enough to consume the credits.

I'm not sure where end game is meant to end up so I'm unsure of what to suggest but a common one that seems to work well is a sort of "lottery" system. This could include things all the way from small amounts of common materials (in any such lottery system there has to be a way to "lose") to some otherwise $ only items (obviously if you added things like $ skins to the credit lottery they would have to be super rare to get). This is only one such suggestion but the game does need more credit sink or credits will end up being useless to players fairly quickly.

I've only just started playing the last few days however so if there is some credit sink(s) in that I'm not aware of feel free to point them out.

Edited by KnightOfVirtue

Well, I bet they'll be adding a lot more warframes/weapons that you can spend your credits on. Hmm, maybe have a shop that sells mods? I dunno.

Or just decrease the amount you can sell mods for. Because to be honest it feels like the selling prices of mods are a bit too high.

Also I don't know what they're doing with this "pro" system but making so you can buy that with credits would also be a nice sink.

game needs alot of changes.. some low rank mods are better than rank 30 mod.. white are better than blue etc.

Auction house can be good - but more thinks to do..

Player can't buy mats need farm them.. so they killing mobs collecting credits get some mod what they sell because they usualy weak and prob get more money than he can spend.. have some weapons .. 2 for 50k, 2 warframes for cash Ash and Ember.. all need around 100k for craft.. i craft every part of warframe what i drop and have mats and cant go under 120-130k of credits... Buy small large, party, shield and ammo boxes all the time..

I think adding credit pricing to items currently locked out to only Platinum purchases would be a good solution. Things like inventory slots and "pro" upgrade slots, would be vastly effective as credit drains. Rather than having to come up with new ways to drain out credit or messing with pricing, adding new content would naturally be a means of controling credit balances.

On the issue of the "pro" system. rather than a flat credit fee to unlock all the "pro" slots, they could attach an activation fee for putting a point into each pro slot. This will be less daunting than a single 3 mil credit chasm to unlock all pro slots, and will be less impactful on a player's playing time. The total cost may add up to 3 mil for all pro slots, but being able to unlock them one at a time for a small fee will allow for more consistent spending trend.

I think adding credit pricing to items currently locked out to only Platinum purchases would be a good solution. Things like inventory slots and "pro" upgrade slots, would be vastly effective as credit drains. Rather than having to come up with new ways to drain out credit or messing with pricing, adding new content would naturally be a means of controling credit balances.

On the issue of the "pro" system. rather than a flat credit fee to unlock all the "pro" slots, they could attach an activation fee for putting a point into each pro slot. This will be less daunting than a single 3 mil credit chasm to unlock all pro slots, and will be less impactful on a player's playing time. The total cost may add up to 3 mil for all pro slots, but being able to unlock them one at a time for a small fee will allow for more consistent spending trend.

A dev intented at a item wich can be crafted to add "pro" to items and frames, so i'm guessing they'll be a new sink for credits. But it still has a time to be created, so i'm guessing something else needs to be made as well...

A dev intented at a item wich can be crafted to add "pro" to items and frames, so i'm guessing they'll be a new sink for credits. But it still has a time to be created, so i'm guessing something else needs to be made as well...

Make the normal crafting time longer, but put in a "speed up" option into it. Like instead of 3 days to craft a new frame, make that now take a week. But then also put in a timer guage that you can pour credits into to speed up. I don't mean a single 500k dump to make it instant craft, but more along the lines of 100k to shorten that time by a day. Then maybe 150k to short by another day. The 200k to shorten by another. There can also be Platinum craft booster that can signifcantly shorten or eliminate the craft time for a single item craft.

There's tons of ways to do this and tons of things this can be done to, without making the game seem overtly greedy or restrictive.

Make the normal crafting time longer, but put in a "speed up" option into it. Like instead of 3 days to craft a new frame, make that now take a week. But then also put in a timer guage that you can pour credits into to speed up. I don't mean a single 500k dump to make it instant craft, but more along the lines of 100k to shorten that time by a day. Then maybe 150k to short by another day. The 200k to shorten by another. There can also be Platinum craft booster that can signifcantly shorten or eliminate the craft time for a single item craft.

There's tons of ways to do this and tons of things this can be done to, without making the game seem overtly greedy or restrictive.

1 week?... You know i don't know if you're into suffering, but i'm pretty sure alot of people don't. The timers are fine the way they are really... it's supposed to be a thing that you feel like speeding up with money so they can at least profit from it.

Allow us to buy Pro with credits

There is the credit sink

80k for pro.

Too cheap imo, you can easily get credits in this game, i'm thinking maybe 250k or more (also make it so that your arsenal slot dosn't keep flashing when you have unspent upgrades when you don't even have pro, it's minor but quite annoying).

Artifacts sell for way way too much. If you're playing for a few hours with level 30 weapons and warframes, it's not unusual to sell the artifacts you don't want for 200-400k. I'm sitting on around 5 million credits. If they keep the scale of the economy even remotely the same, I have no idea how I'd ever spend it. On the other hand, if they do implement a lottery system...

Edited by Sealgaire

Artifacts sell for way way too much. If you're playing for a few hours with level 30 weapons and warframes, it's not unusual to sell the artifacts you don't want for 200-400k. I'm sitting on around 5 million credits. If they keep the scale of the economy even remotely the same, I have no idea how I'd ever spend it. On the other hand, if they do implement a lottery system...

Or, keep the current mod prices but adjust item prices so that it compensates the fact that they value alot.

This. Lottery systems can also create a healthy trading market. Giving players chances to pay credits to get a chance at something good is a good money sink. Having plat remove the gambling is a cash sink, and will help DE make money while still keeping it pay2win free.

Why not have something like using credits to unlock stages in the weapons upgrading like 10K for stage one which would add more slots to upgrade, keep the pro to unlock it all at once like it is now, I know but it would be a totally fair credit sink

I guess an overall temporary renting system for weapons and pro warframe upgrades

would be an option alongside massively increasing the unlocking costs for permanent

weapons. Since as of now there are very few weapons to be unlocked through credits

there should be at least some sense of accomplishment for permanently unlocking

your favorite weapons.

The real moneysink for freebies should be the upkeep of the temporary pro status for

weapons and Warframes.

Edited by MDGeist

I think weapon maintenance would be a decent credit sink. Like every mission, your weapon's durability drops by 1%, each percent would cost 50 or 100 credits to repair.

When weapon durability drops below 70%, it's stats are reduced by 15%.

Good God, no.

I think weapon maintenance would be a decent credit sink. Like every mission, your weapon's durability drops by 1%, each percent would cost 50 or 100 credits to repair.

When weapon durability drops below 70%, it's stats are reduced by 15%.

Honestly, I despise the durability/repair mechanic. So very much. As a player, I feel like I'm being punished just for playing the game. As a function, it only exists as a sink for currency - nothing else. Players have to take repair breaks and flip through windows, confirming the repair for each item, and having an item break in combat...ugh. It's just such a chore!

But if Warframe absolutely must have this mechanic, I suppose I could cope. Just, ugh.