Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Play A Random Map In Selected System - Earn Extra Mods

BusStopPalace

I'd like a game feature where players could queue to enter a randomly chosen mission in the selected system, up to 1 entry per 5 (ish) minutes, where the system would pick a random map and fill it with players that also queued for random (If not queued as solo).  Upon completion, players would be rewarded an extra mod or two.

This would help encourage gameplay variety by reducing the reliance on defense and survival runs to farm and make it easier to get into groups of 4 to get missions going.  The mode might be locked until each mission in a system has been cleared once, to reward map progression.

Great game so far and thank you for the open beta!

Sound just like....

Alert.

sounds good to me, have Alerts also potentially contain Mods, of the basic set. so more than just Credits. sure, they have Auras in them sometimes, but add on top of that. a random Mod. 

again, of the basic set. Transmute only, Nightmare and Corrupted Mods certainly wouldn't be included.

certain Mods that currently are only obtainable from Void Containers - should be able to appear.

I guess it is a bit like those, although I was looking for more of a "lets just hop into a mission" sort of thing.  Alert and nightmare aren't like playing through a map normally.

Sound just like....

Alert.

And nightmare mode for the second paragraph.

I don't think this idea is bad, but unfortunately - no offence - is not an optimal way to get "extra mods". If you come up with ideas that would make people cue up because the missions are really fun (say, mutators or extra in-mission personal challenges), then sure, but If I want extra mods I can just go and murder infested by standing on a ledge with a Penta and go to wave 20+ with no danger to myself and decent wave rewards.

Being thrown in with random people that might decide to troll my mission that only happens every so many minutes, would be not the best choice to put my fun time into. Solo Nightmare for no rewards (I have all the mods already) would still be more entertaining.