The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Iron Phoenix Supposed To Be A Starting Stance?

Rettycombine

Question

The name of it being extremely close to what you would call the Tenno, the standard atack combo is the defualt for the longswords with the exception of the thrust, it only has 1 combo that is easy to pull off and of course Excalibur swinging a Skana in the picture (despite the fact that the Skana has the wrong polarity for some reason.

7 answers to this question

Not necessarily, while the other sword stance hits like a truck, it's also slow and has no gap closing ability, which iron phoenix does have in its arsenal as well as being able to trigger weapons gimmicks such as the fireblast from the Heat Sword with the pause combo.

Not necessarily, while the other sword stance hits like a truck, it's also slow and has no gap closing ability, which iron phoenix does have in its arsenal as well as being able to trigger weapons gimmicks such as the fireblast from the Heat Sword with the pause combo.

Oh sweet! I got lucky getting this thing.  I like that it has a gap closing ability.  Makes slashing things all the more easier.

I think it was intended to be the starting stance for new players (which is a bit silly, considering that it's a stupidly rare drop). But the stance is incredibly viable if you know how to use it, and is an overall sidegrade to Crimson Dervish (much higher attack speed and mobility at the cost of damage per hit).