The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Like Reading / Hearing Sob Stories...

AVEOX

But I accidentally read all of this: http://imgur.com/gallery/8xCdD

Now I can't convince myself to just close the tab... it's gonna bother me for a long time.

I can't help much financially but I'll take part in raising awareness.

Sorry guys, I have to share it. 

This isn't a chain mail.

I just really would feel terrible about myself for not doing something as easy as posting/sharing their story.

Their fund-raiser page:

http://www.gofundme.com/b45udg

Recently some person started a "$10" fund raiser to make a potato salad and made over "$57,000" within 24 days.

I hope these boys get as much support. Or even more.

I don't like reading threads about what people don't like, but I accidentally read all of this thread. :p

On a more serious note, I have too many problems in my own life to want to waste any time or effort worrying about the problems someone else has. Call me heartless for not caring if you'd like, but I care as much about their problems as I expect anyone else to care about mine... Pretty much not at all.

Edited by RyojinOrion

Well, those boys do appear to present as consistent with BWS, but where is the poster getting this "we have about a month to raise the money" from?

They are scheduled for Surgery on August 13 in St.Louis. Their Dad is just finishing Nursing school so he still doesn't have a job.

Their mom works but won't make enough money (note they still have food and house to pay for).

EDIT: Their insurance company declined the surgery too.

Edited by AVEOX

If I wasn't a poor college student, I'd totally be down with helping out... at the moment, I barely have enough to keep my bank account up. Something like 3$ or something like that. Wish I could help more, but I'll at least +1 this thread and hope it gets more views.