Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt, Shock, And Water.

CrispyCIean

I myself am a Volt player whom enjoys to run around, using his abilities over the gun-play ( to an extent ) And I have encountered some kind of bug, or feature that makes no sense whatsoever. Volt's first ability, known as shock will not chain through *SOME* types of water. I have made a little video which almost broke my PC due to the stupidly high recording settings.... Anyways, back to the topic at hand. Volt's Shock ability will not chain or seek out an enemy after hitting a surface under the water which is shown in the video I have mentioned a few lines up. It worked on the flowing waterfall, but that must be a visual side of water whereas this instance was not, you can ( Hopefully ) Clearly see me using shock next to an enemy while the enemy is in the water, and I am shocking under the water. The Shock does not chain how it would be intended.

[ VIDEO IN QUESTION ]

--> https://vimeo.com/100375938

Again, I apologies for the lag-filled video, hopefully you can see the point though.

Well, it wouldn't really make sense for electricity to bounce off of water, of all things.
Maybe if/when we get swimming & water 2.0, Elemental status effects could affect water or something neat like that.

Otherwise, I don't think this really needs to be fixed/changed.

Edited by Flackenstien

Guys...shock is known for chaining, if you hit the ground, approx 90% of the time it won't hit the target. Regardless of the floor, may it be water or metal.

Sauce: I've been playing Volt for 6+ months.

Except that I usually use shock by bouncing it off the floor, lol.. 

But, Shock doesn't need to bounce off water anyways. 

Would be nice to have, to avoid the small amount of annoyance, but it'd just be a weird fix to make.

Edited by Flackenstien

Guys...shock is known for chaining, if you hit the ground, approx 90% of the time it won't hit the target. Regardless of the floor, may it be water or metal.

Sauce: I've been playing Volt for 6+ months.

Volt has exactly 50% chance for shock to bounce of a surface, no matter is is a rock, a guard rail, glass or Lotus herself.

Problem is that the direction of the texture on the surface\wall (if it's uneven) can sometimes block the "visual" of enemy, thus it won't bounce to the enemy even if in range.

As someone who plays Volt since starter frame I can confirm that :).

Also while we are at Volt... I would like to spark (no pun intended) a conversation about his shield ability.

Reduce it's size for 25%, make it so that it's affected by range mods (aka stretch)? Yey or ney? :)

Volt has exactly 50% chance for shock to bounce of a surface, no matter is is a rock, a guard rail, glass or Lotus herself.

Problem is that the direction of the texture on the surface\wall (if it's uneven) can sometimes block the "visual" of enemy, thus it won't bounce to the enemy even if in range.

Also while we are at Volt... I would like to spark (no pun intended) a conversation about his shield ability.

Reduce it's size for 25%, make it so that it's affected by range mods (aka stretch)? Yey or ney? :)

Volt4lyf~  

And the shield has been wonky for the past few major updates, though a stretch mod would be greatly approved of~

Edit~~ I always wanted some extra love for Volt~ 

Edited by IvoodooI

Every faction in the game is very strict on hygiene, hence they ensure that all water on every planet remains completely uncontaminated by any kind of bacteria or other dirtyness at all times. 

So electricity really doesn't do S#&$ in those cases...

I am joking ofcourse! I'm looking forward to water 2.0 when Warframes can actually swim. 

Every faction in the game is very strict on hygiene, hence they ensure that all water on every planet remains completely uncontaminated by any kind of bacteria or other dirtyness at all times. 

So electricity really doesn't do S#&$ in those cases...

I am joking ofcourse! I'm looking forward to water 2.0 when Warframes can actually swim. 

But we still cannot survive in space for long (I am going to chalk it down to sheer lack of oxygen). 

I want Volt/Hydroid combos like if Hydroid Puddles and eats a bunch of bad guys then Volt can shock the puddle and fry them all.

Or if Hydroid does his Tidal Surge, then Volt can shock him and then Tidal Surge becomes Electrified.

I want Volt/Hydroid combos like if Hydroid Puddles and eats a bunch of bad guys then Volt can shock the puddle and fry them all.

Or if Hydroid does his Tidal Surge, then Volt can shock him and then Tidal Surge becomes Electrified.

That would be a neat addition~

All the feedback collected so far has been really great currently. I do hope ( And wish ) That they can add a feature where Water and Electricity and proc together, but never know~ 

Thanks for the info, and...

nay.

The size just got buffed for better team support.

Why not just shock the whole pool instead if you aim Shock at the water?

More fun when all the enemies are in the water and see a massive, bright shock annihilating every enemy in the water. 

I like these suggestions. It would make Volt far more versatile and valuable.