Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Weapons With Platinum

ZeroPhobic

If we pay for a weapon with platinum, why do we not get the complete weapon and still have to go farm stance mod cards for them?  Because this is a late added system does not make this an added feature, it only makes this version the complete version and people spending real money want the complete version.

If we buy a frame we get the four mod cards that make it the complete frame, we are not given the frame modless and then expected to go farm the 4 basic ability mod cards to complete it, why is it the case with the new melee system?

If we pay for a weapon with platinum, why do we not get the complete weapon and still have to go farm stance mod cards for them?  Because this is a late added system does not make this an added feature, it only makes this version the complete version and people spending real money want the complete version.

If we buy a frame we get the four mod cards that make it the complete frame, we are not given the frame modless and then expected to go farm the 4 basic ability mod cards to complete it, why is it the case with the new melee system?

ok. how about this. we give u ALL the mod cards.

ALL the levels.

AND ALL FORMA'D.

then why would you play anymore? you've already maxed it.  wheres the satisfaction of leveling the weapon yourself.  learning to use it.

whats the point of playing missions if you already have all the mods you need. and you can already 1 hit kill anything.

grinding is HERE FOR A REASON.

I agree that the stance mod should come with melee bought with platinum but only if there is a rare and an non rare stance for said weapon,so that the non rare one comes with..most weapons are way to expensive for the value anyways but i guess some people dont have time to farm stuff...

There has to be SOME effort involved.

There needs to be SOME consistency involved as well. You can't have a business model that sells one product one way and another a different way. Either don't offer mods on all product or offer complete products on all platinum sales. 

There needs to be SOME consistency involved as well. You can't have a business model that sells one product one way and another a different way. Either don't offer mods on all product or offer complete products on all platinum sales. 

weapons = less plat to buy

warframes = more plat to buy.  hence the bonus of mod cards

ok. how about this. we give u ALL the mod cards.

ALL the levels.

AND ALL FORMA'D.

then why would you play anymore? you've already maxed it.  wheres the satisfaction of leveling the weapon yourself.  learning to use it.

whats the point of playing missions if you already have all the mods you need. and you can already 1 hit kill anything.

grinding is HERE FOR A REASON.

this is just a silly response to a real question. No one is asking for something that isn't offered else where in the game. The effort comes from leveling the weapon and modding it out. The question is why sell certain products one way and these a different way. That is a valid question that we should think about, but these cheap silly remarks make these real questions a silly mud throwing contest, please move past this and really contribute some thought.

this is just a silly response to a real question. No one is asking for something that isn't offered else where in the game. The effort comes from leveling the weapon and modding it out. The question is why sell certain products one way and these a different way. That is a valid question that we should think about, but these cheap silly remarks make these real questions a silly mud throwing contest, please move past this and really contribute some thought.

tell you what. you can go buy the weapon(which is cheaper than warframe) for plat.

then buy the mods for plat from trading tab.

happy now? you have now payed the same as you would for a warframe. and gotten the same as you would have for a warframe.

weapons = less plat to buy

warframes = more plat to buy.  hence the bonus of mod cards

Even if we build a frame we still get the mod cards. If we had to go farm even more just to use the frames powers it would be ridiculous.

Is it a matter of value? I would rather DE raise the rate if this is the case and offer a complete product.

You ARE buying the complete product. The weapon. Weapon stances are interchangeable. If you were able to buy the weapon stance as well, then bam - it weakens the perceived value of all the other weapons that use that stance.

Either way, you're playing a game that focuses on dungeon crawling/grinding. You can't buy your way out of doing at least SOME grinding.

You ARE buying the complete product. The weapon. Weapon stances are interchangeable. If you were able to buy the weapon stance as well, then bam - it weakens the perceived value of all the other weapons that use that stance.

Either way, you're playing a game that focuses on dungeon crawling/grinding. You can't buy your way out of doing at least SOME grinding.

This is not complete product, just like the frames are not complete without their power mod cards. If DE took them away and made you farm for them, would you be okay with that practice? You can still use the frame, it can still run around and hold its weapons, you just can't use it with its bells and whistles. Thats exactly the same thing with these melee weapons.

This is not complete product, just like the frames are not complete without their power mod cards. If DE took them away and made you farm for them, would you be okay with that practice? You can still use the frame, it can still run around and hold its weapons, you just can't use it with its bells and whistles. Thats exactly the same thing with these melee weapons.

So basically, you're asking for all weapon stance mods to become fodder, and instantly available as soon as the weapon in question is crafted, regardless of rarity.

That's gonna be a negatory on that one.

Edited by SoulEchelon

First off, not talking about crafted weapons. This is a thread about weapons bought with platinum (read before posting) Second, I'm glad you feel you have the stamp to okay this for debate.

It is a simple question, why is one product complete with mod cards included and the other product not a complete product.

Ask yourself, would you be okay with this practice if the frames were treated the same way? Is it value we are talking about or is it because the stances came later?

I believe if you really think about this question in the context of the total market and how other things are handled you will think this point may have merit and worth a debate.

If you were to bring up the point these are more like arua mods than basic ability for the frames, you have a valid point and we would have to restructure the debate, but to try and say these are not to be counted as part of the "complete" product is false and you will have no ground to stand on, they are clearly a part of the whole as the entire system is and was built around them, so to offer a product now with out these mods is offering us as customers an incomplete or unfinished product. Which leaves me with the same question, why as a customer, would I buy a weapon with my platinum?

Edited by ZeroPhobic

If plat-bought melee weapons came with stances, would it be one stance or all available stances for it?

If you bought two polearms, would you get all the stances again?

Either way, I'm fine with people getting bonus stuff for buying things with plat, doesn't affect anyone else anyway.

(Actually, it does affect others, in that it lowers the trade price of stance mods so everyone can afford them.)

Edited by DarkTails

First off, not talking about crafted weapons. This is a thread about weapons bought with platinum (read before posting)

I read before posting, and since you seem adamant on wanting these mods to be instantly obtainable only via purchasing, then that means you -DON'T- want them to be the same as Warframes and their ability mods, because guess what? You obtain said ability mods instantly via crafting as well as purchasing.

Next time you want someone to take you seriously, don't insult their intelligence.

I read before posting, and since you seem adamant on wanting these mods to be instantly obtainable only via purchasing, then that means you -DON'T- want them to be the same as Warframes and their ability mods, because guess what? You obtain said ability mods instantly via crafting as well as purchasing.

Next time you want someone to take you seriously, don't insult their intelligence.

Going to go with Soul on this.

You regard stance mods as integral to a melee weapon, but they are not. Your weapon will still function without them, doing a basic attack pattern. Take the mod cards away from a warframe and you have nothing left except a pretty skin.

Since the example is forest from the trees here, I will make a simple example to make a clear point. If DE is a shoe company and they made a shoe last year that was a slip on, but this year added shoelaces to the line. The only difference is this year when you paid for the shoe, you got the shoe, but also had to go get the laces somewhere else. Just because they added laces doesn't mean the shoe is better, it just means this years model is complete with laces. DE is making people who buy weapons with platinum also go find the laces.

Edited by ZeroPhobic

If plat-bought melee weapons came with stances, would it be one stance or all available stances for it?

If you bought two polearms, would you get all the stances again?

Either way, I'm fine with people getting bonus stuff for buying things with plat, doesn't affect anyone else anyway.

(Actually, it does affect others, in that it lowers the trade price of stance mods so everyone can afford them.)

This is a great question, and thanks for asking. I think a basic stance for all types is fine. We all know DE will come out with more and more of these stance cards for each weapon type. If they offer a basic stance (and the same stance) each weapon type for each weapon bought, I feel this is a fair and honest transaction and see nothing wrong with asking people to buy weapons for platinum, however if these are not offered, why on earth would anyone spend money on a weapon when it is just as time consuming to make it and while you wait go get the stance card yourself. Seems a fair trade for real money to me and it simply baffles me that people are happy and almost eager in this thread to spend money on incomplete goods.

I'm not saying they should give us every and all stances or try to find a loop hole in trying to go get these mods, I'm saying that this is an imcomplete product without them as this system (melee 2.0) was build around the mods. Just as the frames are built around their powers, and as Elfalpha pointed out that they are not that much fun if you don't have the powers, same goes for these melee weapons.

I'm sorry you take this as a personal attack and can't share your views without getting emotional. I don't know you and you don't know me. I'm only here trying to help the community get a better value for their money, I see a product that is being sold to people that is not at full value. This may or may not be true, I'm simply trying to open this up for public disscussion and healthy debate. If you take this serious or not, that is up to you. My hope is that maybe you may see a valid point in the things I bring to the table and maybe I see the reasoning behind others views. If you feel insulted, maybe you need to take these chat boards a bit with a grian of salt...

i see what your saying but it doesnt really compare with Warframe and Weapon, you dont get an Aura mod with a warframe, which is in effect where the aura and stance mod are comparable, the stance isnt required to use the weapon, just as an aura mod isnt required to use a warframe, sure it makes it better and if you dont have it you go and get it by whatever means you want, buy with plat, trade or farm for it

Just DONT buy them off the market with Plat

I.E For the ridiculous cost of the 'Mutalist Quanta' in the market you can buy yourself 4 weapon slots and go and buy 4 full prime weapon sets for the same price from trading...  and pick up a couple of stances also... even the rarest stance is 20 plat.

Edited by ASH_PRIME

the reason you dont get the stance card is because it is an aura class card DE does not have to make stanceless animations suck but they do making the aura stance  more nessisary then a warframe aura just to stop having slow animations you cant buy a warframe with an energy syphion so you cant buy  venka with rapter