Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8-Bit Warframe ~ Lost Sector

AnonCat

hey there's a pc version? how can I play?

Open the first site of this post and go to link in 'download U10'. Make sure that you have java installed, you can download it for free.

Can you Kill the Grineer or no?

In currently available version there are no grineer.

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

it downloads a jar file called LostSector-build-5.jar

i unzipped it but couldnt find any exe file

how do i run this?

Edit: I was trying on pc its for pc right?

I think he extracted the .jar which gave him all the source files. .jar files are basically zip files underneath. It should work if Java is installed.

Found a video that might help:

So 1. Make sure you have java and 2. What's in vid.

EDIT: for some reason it refuses to add the vid here on mobile so just go back 2 pages.

Added on PC.

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

el1OmYY.png

While this is only in the "concept art" state of development, I just wanted to share some "ideas" on how things may possibly look one day.

Is that lynx? And wait, two tennos? Coop? :O Are you planning to do coop one day? That would be so awesome.

Oh and a question, do you plan something with ground slam attack maybe? Just a thought of my not related specifically to anything.

Also gratz to the artist, it looks great.

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

Is that lynx? And wait, two tennos? Coop? :O Are you planning to do coop one day? That would be so awesome.

Oh and a question, do you plan something with ground slam attack maybe? Just a thought of my not related specifically to anything.

Also gratz to the artist, it looks great.

Those aren't tenno! *hint hint* We are planning co-op in U12 or 13. No ground slams are planned for the immediate future! =3

Those aren't tenno! *hint hint* We are planning co-op in U12 or 13. No ground slams are planned for the immediate future! =3

Red veil operatives? Steel meridian? Their flag kinda reminds me of steel meridian. I'm lost :S But also excitied for coop :D And oh well, we're not loosing a lot with no ground slam :P

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

Red veil operatives? Steel meridian? Their flag kinda reminds me of steel meridian. I'm lost :S But also excitied for coop :D And oh well, we're not loosing a lot with no ground slam :P

The flag should give you a hint abount their identity. It's not Lynx but a crashed Cargo Osprey to the right.

Just a bit of feedback about the U10.

The animations are rather choppy, and hard to read, especially with the sword and the running loop. Give him a frame of him drawing and sheathing his sword, as well as a frame of his legs crossing over (this applies as well to the GIFs in the first post)

Music, obv.

Just a bit of feedback about the U10.

The animations are rather choppy, and hard to read, especially with the sword and the running loop. Give him a frame of him drawing and sheathing his sword, as well as a frame of his legs crossing over (this applies as well to the GIFs in the first post)

Music, obv.

Afaik the sword attack is an overlay (an effect placed ontop of the character) and not actual frames it so might be hard. Could possibly be something that could be added to the the overlay itself though. Will investigate.

I'll see about the legs crossing as well. Thx.

Edited by Lactamid

Afaik the sword attack is an overlay (an effect placed ontop of the character) and not actual frames it so might be hard. Could possibly be something that could be added to the the overlay itself though. Will investigate.

I'll see about the legs crossing as well. Thx.

Maybe an arm motion? Something that shows that he drew his sword, because for now his arm doesn't seem to move when melee attacking.

EDIT: I see what you mean. The sword and the character are entirely separate entities, and the sword trail sprites include a ghost arm that looks weird when Frost is standing still. I think there should be a way to integrate sword animations directly into the character sprite animations

Edited by HatchetHaro

Maybe an arm motion? Something that shows that he drew his sword, because for now his arm doesn't seem to move when melee attacking.

EDIT: I see what you mean. The sword and the character are entirely separate entities, and the sword trail sprites include a ghost arm that looks weird when Frost is standing still. I think there should be a way to integrate sword animations directly into the character sprite animations

It is possible to do custum animations for attacks, but the issue is that with X number of Warframes getting added there are alot of animation-frames to put in. If you want smooth transitions from every single frame in motion that is a ton more. The overlay melee-swipe is something that is very rapid and responsive, so it's userfriendly while perhaps not looking absolute top notch. It might be worked on at a later time however as many of the things get revisited and recieves touch ups as people learn new tricks.

This is a learning experience after all :)

What you see in U10 is a placeholder. The running has already been replaced, and I'm waiting on engine details to change to melee.

No idea how to run it after download as it's a zip. What do I do from here?

I think he extracted the .jar which gave him all the source files. .jar files are basically zip files underneath. It should work if Java is installed.

Found a video that might help:

And yeah. Scrolling. That seems important. The message has been passed along. :)

Also make sure that you have java installed. You can download it for free from the internet.

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

• 3 weeks later...