The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8-Bit Warframe ~ Lost Sector

AnonCat

Ooooh, we're gonna get capture targets? Nice, can't wait for it.

That's the idea, haven't been implemented in code yet though. There are quite a few things that can be made rather quickly on the graphics side, then the coders have to work everything out, which takes a bit more time.

Oh i see, i just liked the idea of the unity engine, because for some reason Java dislikes my 7 year old vista... it doesn't open the game even when i have followed the instructions to make it run properly.

What does it do instead? If it opens like a .rar file than it's a problen with winrar. There is an easy fix for it which you can find in the original post on first site, under 'troubleshooting' spoiler.

If it simply opens black and closes right after than I can only suggest updating java I'm afraid.

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

Ive Updated Java but it still closes, actually after the first open and close i can double click i again and it does nothing at all..

If you want, then I can remote desktop into your PC at some point and see if I can fix it for you? Kinda an extreme measure, but it depends on how much you want to play LS xD

I can play it at my mom's house but i was kinda hoping i could get LS at dads so i could get my Warframe Fix.... But anyway my dads computer is junk so its probably not worth it. I'm just totally confused i checked my computer programs there's a Java 6 Update 32 on my computer that i cant delete and i think its causing the issue. Because Java is on what... version 8 now?

I can play it at my mom's house but i was kinda hoping i could get LS at dads so i could get my Warframe Fix.... But anyway my dads computer is junk so its probably not worth it. I'm just totally confused i checked my computer programs there's a Java 6 Update 32 on my computer that i cant delete and i think its causing the issue. Because Java is on what... version 8 now?

Yup, version 8 update 60. Version 6 is 4 years old, I wouldn't be suprised if it caused problems.

Hmm, odd. Running vista on this comp, just updated Java from 8.31 and it works if I start iby just clicking the .jar.
Don't know if there is an option for it, buy perhaps you can select which program you should use to run LS. Right click - open with (run with? don't have an english version). If there are multiple versions of java and the old one takes priority.

https://www.java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp

Talked with a friend of mine.
Try opening the windows menu, type "appwiz.cpl" in the search/run bar (don't press enter). Right click and run as administrator, perhaps this will let you bypass the UAC and uninstall the old version of java.

Edited by Lactamid

Nope, its really confusing me because theres so much junk on this computer really anything could be interfering*

format it xD dads like that ;)

Or install virtualbox, install an OS and try it there.

Edited by Lactamid

Yep the desktop version needs at least Java 7 to run, so you only having Java 6 would definitely have made it not work xD

Is it working now that you have Java 8?

Sadly not yet... But I'll figure it out eventually. Been looking up possible fixes on my spare time.

Lost Sector fans! Our new update draws ever closer!

As a little taster, I thought I'd share the NEW, the AWESOME, the KINDA-SIMILAR-TO-THE-LAST-ONE build for desktops :-)

It's a completely new game, that's now based on the same engine that the Android version is (my own kinda-hackish-but-actually-works-pretty-well engine xD)

This means that you should start to see feature parity between the 2 builds (we're beating DE themselves in that respect ;-) )

Anyhow, enjoy running around, and pretending there's stuff to kill and freeze and stuff - soon there will be, along with some insanely awesome stuff that we have in the pipeline!

You can download the game from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2u7aksn8n6qorb2/LostSector.jar?dl=0

**P.S.** The game requires Java 7 to be installed before it will run - you can download Java from here: https://java.com/en/download/

**P.P.S.** Don't forget to have fun in our 8-bit world, created BY the community, FOR the community! :D

**P.P.P.S.** We're hiring. Payment includes fun, a warm fuzzy feeling, and probably too much banter. PM me if you're interested; we'd love to have you on board!

Edited by Ezard

Hello everyone!
There were a few resizing bugs that Ezard has been squashing and the build as been updated a few times :) If you downloaded before and have issues when using melee (K button) please download again and see if it goes away!

Edited by Lactamid