Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unlocking Inventory Slots

AveonFlyer

ok.. i dont get that big promotion thing about legue of legends aint it for starters difirent game genre...

second it might be good not to paste huge promotion things at forums at other games and take topic wierd levels there was only stuff about geting warframe & weapon slots free may be at realy rare drops or monthly random revard wud be nice

Ofcourse there has to be more content u can purchrase through playing or by spending platinium. But there should not be things you have to buy to keep playing. (I don't see selling your old frames/weapons as a good option to do that).

Edited by Milkin

Does using money make you feel so superior that you can rage openly at forums, at these inferior people who didn't want to use money in WF right away?

what is your problem? i dunno, why allege this stuff?

still, both of you are blowing this way out of proportion to the point where you are now saying that you can't actually play at all if you don't pay. be more reasonable, mature about it, helps the point you may have. :/

I wouldn't mind if they changed the model where the pay services are more focused on appearance ie. frame appearance customization than limiting a '100% completion f2p player' from being able to get to 100% completion without paying a dollar. You could just make it take a very long time, whether you make it so slots unlock due to experience gained, or x number of kills, or x number of hours 'actively' played, or some other metric.

While i don't think either system is wrong, In the current system, I have found very little reason to have as many frames as I do, and I barely touch my rank30 stuff as of late as well, thus i could easily see how someone could only have 3-4 frames and like 8-10 weapons and be just fine for the grand total experience.

Course, as I paid to be a founder and have only spent plat on inventory and potatoes @_@ I doubt this will be an issue anytime soon for me either way.

still, both of you are blowing this way out of proportion to the point where you are now saying that you can't actually play at all if you don't pay. be more reasonable, mature about it, helps the point you may have. :/

By pasting only one sentence you make me look like im saying nobody should use money on this game.

What so ever, i think Fujimura approaches this problem in most mature way since this thread started.

Edited by Milkin

It's not that you can't play at all, it's just that with 2 slots and "potatoes" being so hard to get there isn't much incentive to continue playing after you level up both warframes because you can't get more slots unless with platinum and you can't get more powerfull unless you play 50 hours for just one "potato"(which is my current time for getting one) which could take even more because it's based on luck.

ok fine. my suggestion? wait it out till you get some orokin stuff. you just have to follow the alert forum section and log in daily. i know it sucks that you have no influence on that. the slots... well, what can i say, it's what i used my platinum on... so it's not like i don't want them to be free because of that but these slots are a working way of income which contributes to why other people can play for free - which also is a good thing because it's easier to find groups. i think i've read design council members state that DE are thinking about giving you some slots with rank.

feel free to ask me to get an invite to an alert you haven't unlocked, or do so in the respective thread or in chat.

Edited by SlyBoots

Seems some people who used money on this game are angry, because players who didn't use money want free to play games to be, actually free to play.

angry xD oh boy..... i couldnt care less for this complains. It seems you forget that I was a free player in the beginning. But its easier to blame people for actually paying for the game.... You act as if this game is so unfair to free players. It simply isnt..... You get all the content. Its just a psychological thing to want all the stuff at once. You can have 2 additonal frame slots for your start plat. Thats really enough to build some frames.... But it seems people still want more and more,,,,,

Edited by Venarge

ok fine. my suggestion? wait it out till you get some orokin stuff. you just have to follow the alert forum section and log in daily. i know it sucks that you have no influence on that. the slots... well, what can i say, it's what i used my platinum on... so it's not like i don't want them to be free because of that but these slots are a working way of income which contributes to why other people can play for free - which also is a good thing because it's easier to find groups. i think i've read design council members state that DE are thinking about giving you some slots with rank.

While i agree that slots do make money, they make money becasue they force you to buy then if you want more warframes or weapons. One thing that the devs could do is to make all the helmets only purchasable with plat (sicne they don't offer that much of an advantage and the ycome with a disadvantage aswell) aswell as the weapon skins and make all slots free. I think that this way more people would buy helmets. I even have 3 helmet BP and 2 weapon BP but i don't even use them and i wouldn't have a prob if they would be purchasable only with plat. Also XP boosts would be easy to implement and i think that if it offered a significant bonus alot of players would buy it and it wouldn't ruin any balance.

Also how much do i have to wait to get an orokin? Atm i got one at 50 hours but it can be alot harder to get. Also only the last week and this one i have more time on my hands, after this I'll only have time to play at night and if alot of missions with ? reward spawn when I'm out i will miss on alot of rewards and even if i get 1 or 2 alerts missions if i am lucky it will probably not be an orokin reactor bp asa ? reward.

Edited by Story4

While i agree that slots do make money, they make money becasue they force you to buy then if you want more warframes or weapons. One thing that the devs could do is to make all the helmets only purchasable with plat (sicne they don't offer that much of an advantage and the ycome with a disadvantage aswell) aswell as the weapon skins and make all slots free. I think that this way more people would buy helmets. I even have 3 helmet BP and 2 weapon BP but i don't even use them and i wouldn't have a prob if they would be purchasable only with plat. Also XP boosts would be easy to implement and i think that if it offered a significant bonus alot of players would buy it and it wouldn't ruin any balance.

well the idea itself would work. I just dont see why people would buy XP boosts.... Maybe im just not the guy for this boost garbage.... Making all the skins plat only would take away the fun from ? missions. Since you can now get all the skins from them as well. Yeah the cards are fun but its just cooler to get some skins in these missions. I just dont see how they would actually make money with this stuff since the playerbase is not so big. Maybe in 1 year or so when the playerbase grew, this system would work, but right now.... nah...

well the idea itself would work. I just dont see why people would buy XP boosts.... Maybe im just not the guy for this boost garbage.... Making all the skins plat only would take away the fun from ? missions. Since you can now get all the skins from them as well. Yeah the cards are fun but its just cooler to get some skins in these missions. I just dont see how they would actually make money with this stuff since the playerbase is not so big. Maybe in 1 year or so when the playerbase grew, this system would work, but right now.... nah...

I know alot of people that bought XP boosts in games like LoL or World of Tanks just to advance faster. And there are alot of rewards that can be possible in ? alerts: Banshee warframe bp, ororkin reactors/catalysts, weapon bp like heat sword/dagger, cards. And considering that in the last 5 mission with ? i got 4 cards that i already had i don't think that it's a problem!

I know alot of people that bought XP boosts in games like LoL or World of Tanks just to advance faster. And there are alot of rewards that can be possible in ? alerts: Banshee warframe bp, ororkin reactors/catalysts, weapon bp like heat sword/dagger, cards. And considering that in the last 5 mission with ? i got 4 cards that i already had i don't think that it's a problem!

The main thing is that there actually is not enough content to fill the ? missions. I think they will introduce a slot reward for every 2 rank levels or so. Steve was talking about that so i think they will add this in U8. Well lets see what they do next. I just can speak for myself that potatoes are obtainable enough. I still have 5 catas and reactors BP´s unused >.< Its just crazy that others have so much bad luck with that =S

The main thing is that there actually is not enough content to fill the ? missions. I think they will introduce a slot reward for every 2 rank levels or so. Steve was talking about that so i think they will add this in U8. Well lets see what they do next. I just can speak for myself that potatoes are obtainable enough. I still have 5 catas and reactors BP´s unused >.< Its just crazy that others have so much bad luck with that =S

Well let's put it this way. Today i have been looking on warframe for 10 hours every half hour to see the alert missions with ? reward. I only saw 2 of them and in both of them i got artefact cards that i already had. A little after U7 they kept the ? alerts frequency from U6 i believe and in that time and before i got all my good items. I believe it was either a stroke of good luck or just a bug or something from an update, but i got both the orokins in a day or 2 so i don't believe that is a coincidence.

Since now the ? reward are so rare that you can completely miss them if you play 2 or 3 hours a day continuously and since they usually offer rewards that you can already have, i think it's a flaw. I do not mind farming for 25 hours to get an orokin, be it either reactor or catalyst, but to have it completely based on luck as it is at the moment it can take you a whole lot more and maybe you can't even get one after 100 hours if your really unlucky.

I'm not sure, but since you have been active since january that means that you have played the game when the drops are better. In which case you are not thinking from the perspective of a new player who can remain at a constant low power (warframe and weapons without orokins) and not be able to advance anymore for a veeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy long time.

I'm not sure, but since you have been active since january that means that you have played the game when the drops are better. In which case you are not thinking from the perspective of a new player who can remain at a constant low power (warframe and weapons without orokins) and not be able to advance anymore for a veeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy long time.

thats true, but I got all the catas/ractors a week or two before the last Q&A. Thats not so long ago. And I got 5 of both since that time. Maybe I was just a lucky bastard ^^ But well. We get new mods for sure and this way, new awards for the ? missions as well.

Edited by Venarge

thats true, but I got all the catas/ractors a week or two before the last Q&A. Thats not so long ago. And I got 5 of both since that time. Maybe I was just a lucky bastard ^^ But well. We get new mods for sure and this way, new awards for the ? missions as well.

I don't understand your last phrase...

steve was talking about over rare mods and I can imagine that they drop from ? missions ^^

Ah yes, that would be good i guess especially if they make more missions have the ? reward, maybe even all of them?

I seriously think the complaints about slot limitations are baseless. Some people here are actually complaining that the game isn't ''free to play'' because you must use actual money to acquire even more slots. This is absurd logic, since the very fact that any warframe, weapon, and item can be obtained by regular gameplay means that this game offers more than most F2P games. I was very relieved to find the situation to be far from the term ''Pay to Win'' that is often thrown at games such as this. I also don't see how people can expect the developers to offer every single facet of the game to players completely for free, otherwise how would they make any money? I'm glad they limit slots, there's an incentive to further your progress and support them at the same time. I seriously can't understand how people can legitimately expect even more from the game for free when it offers so much already at no cost.

Since the slots are one of few things the developer makes money with, I think its good as it is. no need to make this game more unprofitable and give the player really everything for free....
It can be balanced between p2w and f2p.

You dont have to hand out items for free, but for instance attaining higher mastery levels is a ridiculously long process past level 3. You have to grind up an entire armory to progress, so a few open slots in the process would be far from a bad or OP thing to do.

After a while you will simply get stuck unless you collectively sacrifice everything you possess.

There are two ways F2P games make money: premium and ads.

You like this game ad-free? Then let them make money the less-painful way.

Does League of Legends have ads? No. Do they make everything available to free players except skins(vanity items)? Yes. I don't see your problem since warframe can do the same things.

I seriously think the complaints about slot limitations are baseless. Some people here are actually complaining that the game isn't ''free to play'' because you must use actual money to acquire even more slots. This is absurd logic, since the very fact that any warframe, weapon, and item can be obtained by regular gameplay means that this game offers more than most F2P games. I was very relieved to find the situation to be far from the term ''Pay to Win'' that is often thrown at games such as this. I also don't see how people can expect the developers to offer every single facet of the game to players completely for free, otherwise how would they make any money? I'm glad they limit slots, there's an incentive to further your progress and support them at the same time. I seriously can't understand how people can legitimately expect even more from the game for free when it offers so much already at no cost.

Have you actually PLAYED any games that have a good F2P system and compared them to the ones that have a BAD F2P system (Pay2Win)? If you haven't i have and the only ones that i enjoyes and that are quite succesfull are the ones that offer a player the ability to get anything except vanity items. Why can't warframe do this? After you have 2 warframes they are pretty much forcing you if you want to get more warframes to buy platinum. And if you use your palt to get 2 more slots you can't get orokin potatoes except if you are extremely lucky (lately there have been alot less alert missions, and i got 1 potato every 50 hours or more) and you NEED them if you want to be able to advance to higher level planets. It isn't so obvious on warframes but on weapons the difference between a supercharged one and a regular one is very big.

Edited by Story4

Does League of Legends have ads? No. Do they make everything available to free players except skins(vanity items)? Yes. I don't see your problem since warframe can do the same things.

Have you actually PLAYED any games that have a good F2P system and compared them to the ones that have a BAD F2P system (Pay2Win)? If you haven't i have and the only ones that i enjoyes and that are quite succesfull are the ones that offer a player the ability to get anything except vanity items. Why can't warframe do this? After you have 2 warframes they are pretty much forcing you if you want to get more warframes to buy platinum. And if you use your palt to get 2 more slots you can't get orokin potatoes except if you are extremely lucky (lately there have been alot less alert missions, and i got 1 potato every 50 hours or more) and you NEED them if you want to be able to advance to higher level planets. It isn't so obvious on warframes but on weapons the difference between a supercharged one and a regular one is very big.

Yes, I have. I've played Blacklight: Retribution, which has the best system I've seen thus far, which is in the same boat as Warframe, in that everything someone can buy, can also be earned by playing long enough. The 2 Frame slot limit is NOT that big of a deal. If you're so constrained by it, then make a wise choice on the next one you'll get, or sell off the starter one. It isn't that difficult.

Yes, I have. I've played Blacklight: Retribution, which has the best system I've seen thus far, which is in the same boat as Warframe, in that everything someone can buy, can also be earned by playing long enough. The 2 Frame slot limit is NOT that big of a deal. If you're so constrained by it, then make a wise choice on the next one you'll get, or sell off the starter one. It isn't that difficult.

Hehe okay, I've played blacklight retribution too. Other than more loadouts you can get anything in that game just from playing, which you can't in Warframe. Let me explain.

In Blacklight you have 2 weapons loadouts out of 5 or 6. If you say that is it similar to Warframe then you are dead wrong. Why? Because you can get any weapon you want and put it in a load-out, ANY weapon, ANY time considering that your the highest level. I have also played Blacklight for about 100 hours 1 year ago and never have i felt the need to use more than 1 loadout slot even though i had 2.

Why? 2 things.

1st because the games are quite short, maybe 10 minutes, so there wasn't any incentive to switch between 6 different weapons at a time. If you could alter other stuff like gear (armor, grenades etc.) Then i would have agreed that they are necessary, but since you can't they are pretty useless.

2nd Why would i want to switch betwen 6 weapons? In Blacklight you have to pick 1 weapon and be good with it. If you don't you'r going to get your &amp;#&#33; kicked because your not going to be good with any of them. And in every game of blacklight that i have played i don't think that i have ever seen people switch their loadouts, they always played with the same weapons.

Also you can do good with even the first weapon that you get. Recently i started a new account to see how the game has changed and i got over 20 score with 11 deaths against people with max level that had different weapons and gear andi used the first weapon with no changes.

Now let's compare it to Warframe. In Warframe you have slots that you have to buy if you want to have more warframes. Since this game is all about getting more warframes or weapons (compared to Blacklight which is about being 1st) people who play are going to have a better time playing because they can get anything if htey have all the slots. In Warframe you NEED more slots if you want to enjoy it. Also in Warframe you buy power. Why? Because without orokin reactors or catalysts you can't do the higher levels or higher wave defense missions.

In Blacklight you can be level 1 and buy the anti-material rifle, but it's no better than the 1st assault rifle. In Warframe if one warframe is supercharged it will be much better than one that is not and this is especially valuable for weapons because weapons will be MUCH more powerfull is you supercharge them.

Let me give you another example for a game which make slots good. World of tanks. you have 6 or 7 slots in the begining and you can buy as many as you want. While you may say that it is simialr to Warframe there are 2 key differences.

1st credits are easy to acquire, i even went to tier 5 or more without playing much.

2nd tanks that you level up, if you sell, STAY leveled up. If you sell them and decide that you want to buy them again you can do that with no problem and you'll have all the levels and all the gear that you got for them. Also at higher tiers you get more money so you'll have no problem repurchasing lower-level tanks if you want to play some of them.

I never felt limited by the system because if i advanced a tank and sold it i could always buy it back and it will have all the weapons and gear without me needing to level it up again.

Compared to Warframe, if you sell a Warframe and get one that you don't like and you want to get the old warframe back you have to firstly farm the bosses a ton to get the BP, farm for all the ingredients and then you have to wait 3 days and 12 hours(!) if you want to play it. After all this effort you will have to level it up AGAIN which means more wasted time.

As has been mentioned, orokin catalysts and reactors are obtainable by normal means, though they are extremely rare, for good reason. You mention they make the difference when taking on more difficult missions, so there has to be a strict restraint on acquiring them, otherwise you'd have a surplus of them and the game would be rendered jokingly easy.

You mention making the wrong choice on a warframe and having to acquire it all over again is time wasted, but what is playing video games besides wasting time? I don't know about you, but I enjoy starting over at times, as it helps me get better at the game by relying on survival tactics instead of letting my maxed out mods do the talking. Having 2 slots does not instantly stop you from progressing unless you let it.

In a lot of F2P games with different races/classes and such you have limited character slots. Its the same here. Each warframe is a class.

I've played a lot of F2P games and in a lot of them I have from 2 to 6 slots for classes, and if I want to play another class I either delete a character or buy a new slot with money.

Same thing here.

It doesnt ruin those games, and it doesnt ruin this game.

As for the potatoes? I get plenty from alert missions and I have never bought one in this game and have made all of the weapons and warframes that I use. And I still have extra potatoes that dont have a purpose and are just sitting in my foundry as bps. I thinks that its perfectly reasonable that warframe has you buy slots as most other games have limited slots for your characters as well.