Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Djinn And Health

(PSN)harryjackg

Since u13.7 (where djinn's fatal attraction was fixed for ps4) I've taken him out for a few missions and been surprised by how quickly he dies.  Enemies normally prioritise killing your frame rather than sentinel, which is why the shield and health stats on sentinels are so low (I think) and do not scale with their level.

Djinn, however, with his aggro drawing precept, is targeted by enemies almost (and if not as often) as your frame, yet with a maxed survivability (all three are r10) will only have 375 shield, 640 health and 110 armour, this may seem like a lot but the sentinel will not wait for its shields to recharge before drawing aggro, and does not have its own sentinel using guardian on it.  In practise I still have two ranks to go on each of the mods, but djinn has died on almost every lv20+ mission I've done, making the (arguably) most expensive sentinel to make only viable at lower levels, having nothing on the utility of carrier, shade and wyrm.

I understand that a more attractive trait of djinn is his attack precept, but if he is dying every five seconds than the long range doesn't get a chance to come into play.

As a fleshy sentinel who is designed to draw aggro I think djinn deserves a health buff, similar or perhaps higher than the health of shade who has almost twice the health of an aggro draw-er, (despite having a function which does exactly the opposite) and some sort of %damagedrawntodamageoutput for fatal attraction.  Alternatively, when using fatal attraction djinn could gain damage resistance similar to trinity's when she's using link.

Thanks for making it to the end of the post, any thoughts or responses would be great! 

Meh, I use Djinn a lot and he survives alright, even in tier IV. 

Even if (or rather especially if) your sentinel is taking some heat off of you, you should still remain as mobile as possible to take cover from large crowds or avoid flight projectiles. 

Here's a helpful video I made to solve Djinn's survival issue.

Yep, that does work x)

Meh, I use Djinn a lot and he survives alright, even in tier IV. 

Even if (or rather especially if) your sentinel is taking some heat off of you, you should still remain as mobile as possible to take cover from large crowds or avoid flight projectiles. 

I'll try using him with some faster frames, thanks for the tip!

I wonder why the only djinn extra polarity is dash. The only sentinel dash mod is Spare Parts. Which only does something if sentinel dies. It looks like djinn was meant to use spare parts plus self destruct. Too bad until we can revive sentinels it's all useless garbage. But when we have mods like provoked and warm coat, djinn sort of fits.

Yea his special ability, fatal attraction, is garbage really. Honestly I believe it should give the little guy temporary invincibility or something. Someone even suggested having it give him a little damage bubble like Nyx's ultimate. :p

I wonder why the only djinn extra polarity is dash. The only sentinel dash mod is Spare Parts. Which only does something if sentinel dies. It looks like djinn was meant to use spare parts plus self destruct. Too bad until we can revive sentinels it's all useless garbage. But when we have mods like provoked and warm coat, djinn sort of fits.

True, in honesty the only worthwhile extra polarity on sentinels is a D (maybe V with deth machine rifle)

Yea his special ability, fatal attraction, is garbage really. Honestly I believe it should give the little guy temporary invincibility or something. Someone even suggested having it give him a little damage bubble like Nyx's ultimate. :p

That would be great, yeah! Another idea I had is to make it have a good viral proc chance, (with damage reduction to Djinn) fitting in with the fleshy theme, and still causing ample damage at higher levels

I like the damage bubble idea. Like djinn becoming invincible and drawing enemy aggro, then x seconds later it inflicts instant death on all non-boss enemies within small radius.

And I kinda realized that the only valid sentinel polarization is 3 extra D in addition to 4 ability slots. They have vitality, redirection, fast deflection, steel fiber and sanctuary. At any given time at least 3 will always be used. And there will be enough spots to fit anything else in other slots.

I like the damage bubble idea. Like djinn becoming invincible and drawing enemy aggro, then x seconds later it inflicts instant death on all non-boss enemies within small radius.

And I kinda realized that the only valid sentinel polarization is 3 extra D in addition to 4 ability slots. They have vitality, redirection, fast deflection, steel fiber and sanctuary. At any given time at least 3 will always be used. And there will be enough spots to fit anything else in other slots.

Polarity stuff is true, and I'd love to see it balanced

Maybe when the Devs have a bit less on their chest though eh?

But yeah, Djinn is a bit of a more substantial issue, and I too love the bubble suggestion :) Though copycats feel a little careless... maybe something similar rather than identical?