The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Huge Fps Drop

Dark5eiD

Hi all

i am using an alienware m15x laptop. i have never had a problem running warframe. bus is 1333 8 gb ram, ssd and gtx 260m vide card ( also internet speed is 12Mbs dwn 2.5Mbs up. i know this is not top of the line by any means, but like i said i have not had a problem playing the game for the past year. about 2 weeks ago after a hot fix update i noticed my fps in the menus was ruffly a third of what it normally was. i did not change anything, im just wondering if anybody noticed this as well. atm i am unable to play as my fps is at snails pace. i have tried everything most recently formatted install clean you name it. it got better but im still ridiculously lower fps. has anybody else noticed this or is it just my pc?

thanks for your help sincerely warframeless man ;(

or is it just my pc?

PC =/= Laptop, really :p

Are you sure you're running Warframe with the 260M and not with a integrated graphics card?

That could happen after a graphics/chipset driver update. Are you using the latest drivers?

i have updated my chipset driver as i just formatted the machine. but in device manager it shows gtx 260m. if i click to upgrade driver it says newest driver is installed. i have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. i take it you have not noticed an fps drop at all in the last couple weeks?

For me there is a setting involving the rendering. if you are getting bad fps, first I would mess a bit with the advanced settings. Also, locate your warframe exe and after installing the latest nvidia drivers/software, right click on the warframe exe and make sure it is set to launch with the video card instead of the integrated one. This is a common issue I have seen with steam games and nvidia cards. Also, Another problem I have found, is with any AMD hardware at all. Sometimes on reboot you just plain get crappy performance in anything you play. My build has a AMD PhenomII x6 in it right now and sometimes it takes a few restarts to make it actually kick in. Just my experiences, Thought I would share.

i also got fps spike lately, sometimes randomly crashing.

I bought an entirely new pc for this game...

Drop your specs here? I notice when people "buy a new gaming pc" it isn't always what its cracked up to be unless you build it yourself. 

This happened to me last couple of updates and has affected my laptop as well. When the window that checks for updates is finished and before pressing the button to play the game. Click on the gear symbol and remove the checks out of the boxes "Direct X 11", "64bit Mode" and "Multi-Threaded Rendering". I cannot be directly credited for this as I read it somewhere else but it has reduced stuttering and and lag in general. As always be cautious of what you do because I am not certain of any drawbacks that may happen to your game. Seems harmless to me however.