Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Expansion Of The Dual Weilding System For Both Pistols And Melee Weapons

CuteAnimeBurger

Pretty simple idea, but give players two slots for pistols/melee weapons, so you can equip one in each hand rather than having the game treat Akimbo Weapons as a different gun/sword all together. (of course restricting heavy weapons from being equipped one handed, ie scindo, bronco)

Give the player control of their left gun with lmb and right gun with rmb, this allows for staggering reloads (ie firing one weapon while the other reloads) and simply giving variety and choice to the player, ie a player could take a viper in one hand for dealing with regular infested tuned up with fire mods, and a bolto in the other to deal extra damage to ancients becuase of the armour piercing.

Only equipping one pistol would give a bonus to accuracy/reload speed (considerably better than what the current system gives, too, theres no point in using the lato/bolto/furis at this point) and the ability to zoom in that is lost because of the remapped rmb. (again, there is no incentive at all to use the single handed pistols over the akimbo varients in the game currently)

Melee weapons would function with strikes alternating between the two weapons, this means that a player can take a piercing weapon in one hand and a slashing weapon in the other for example, charge damage would be increased over a one handed weapon, but with a slowing down of charge speed. (so basically how the dual weilded weapons are balanced now, just with a choice as to what weapon you have in each hand) Jump attacks hit with the effects of both weapons, but 50% weaker, ie two knockbacks would be equal to a regular knockback, but cronus+heatsword would mean a small knockback + a fire attack

This all would obviously add complexity to the game, but well, a big part of Warframe is customizing your character and playstyle and any addition to that customization is needed if you ask me.

Could a mod move this to Warframe/Weapon Feedback? Posted in the wrong section by accident.

Suggestion for you over having a mod do it...

Copy post...

Delete first post...

Make new post in the right location....

Use paste to remake the post...

Done. Without help of mod.

Edited by Yanga

Wait wait what? "Heavy Weapons such as Bronco"...you mean to tell me a sawed-off sawn-off shotgun is heavier than a friggin harpoon gun?? -_-

If you stand in-between me and AkBronco, be warned that I shall unleash a wrath upon you the likes of which you have never seen before!!

Reloading with one hand is a bit ungainly and lacks aesthetic value.

Plus, it would look very strange to only be meleeing with one hand.

I can picture ways for this to be done, but, the Warframes are simply too bulky to use movement that would be intended for lighter 'clothing' without making them look incredibly awkward.

I agree, more customization would be awesome, but, I don't think what you're suggesting will turn out too well.

At the moment, warframe has above-average movement balance and decent figure proportions to match it.

Not all the attack animations are as fluid, but, passable.

What you're suggesting requires either

A) A more devil-may-cry approach, dropping plausible physics for stylish moves.

or

B) Very odd attack animations.

or

C) 'Styles' of attacks that stretch beyond the current 'basic military'.

What the Tenno are now seem to be an elite form of military.

What could be suggested is that they have alternate styles such as sword/dagger styles based on dances. (these are not real in general and usually exist purely as entertainment)

Another option would be more 'eccentric' methods of gun-wielding.

C is a fun option but one that probably won't be implemented for multiple reasons, much less the whole 'theme' consideration.

Edited by FlameLaevateinn

Devil May Cry...so you mean I can kick an enemy down, surf on him while blasting away at his buddies, ride said surfed enemy up a ramp, do a backflip off him, then fill him with lead as well?! OP, I stand behind your decision....if that's actually what this means. If not, then I stand behind the guy who mentioned DMC.