Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Armcannon!

Dracario

I had an idea that many other Tenno have been thinking....Why no armcannon? Sure the galatic bounty hunter has one and is iconic for herself, so why not make tenno one?

Gaust, Tenno Arm Cannon

Impact: 5.6 (Charge: 28,2)

Puncture: 14.4 (Charge: 43.2 )

Accuracy: 23.7

Firerate: 30.0

Critical: x2 / 10.0%

Magazine: 400

Reload: ---

Trigger: Semi-Auto, Charge

Conclave: ???/????

Traits: Innate Punch Through; More Element Procs, Less Impact Puncture procs (10.0% for them), Single Arm use, Ammo Regen (10 rounds per 2 seconds)

Based off of Samus's arm cannon. If there's some altering that can be done I would be open towards suggestions. The high status chance is because throughout Metroid games (especially prime) you can see Samus proc almost all her beam types effectively. Though her power beam itself is weak but still effective. Also for its high firerate as the spam power beam. Though giving it a high firerate means high magazine count. Subtracting reload from the equation and giving the armcannon 500 rounds to sustain because it can be gone very quickly if not careful. I also gave it a charge mechanic so it's like Samus's own doing x5 more impact and x3 more puncture damage that can also pass through at least 2 enemies. Innate punch through because of Plasma Beam and Wave beam mechanics. Though if it seems to overpowered I'll make sure to redo some damage calculations.

"Handcannon or Armcannon? I'd go with Armcannon, I get more types of ammuntion that way"

Special Version

Dex Gaust variation

+230% More Impact Damage

+125% More Puncture Damage

+10% More Status Chance

+120% Firerate (12.0 Firerate)

-360 Magazine

-No Crit Chance

-15.3 Accuracy

CHANGELOG

-6/13/14

-Toned down the mass puncture damage from 24.4 to 14.4

- Reduced magazine size for those who don't have good trigger fingers and to compensate dps per magazine

- A thought has come to mind due to the large magazine: Why is ammo the issue? The fact that ammo box drops are considered common so I decided this: Let it not pick up ammo boxes and instead have a regenerating ammo trait? A steady 10 rounds per 2 seconds could help. It's open to alter if that is too much.

- Fixed Firerate from 10rpm to 30rpm (For those who want the fast triggers)

Edited by Dracario

I think Blast or Radiation damage might be more appropriate.

magazine size much wow i mean you cant even reload the whole clip if you gonna have 500 round mag when you have 210 spare ammo...

In my defense, creating this weapon, I didn't want to give the Detron status of being useful for only 1 faction (grineer) and I know it was reasonable to exclude slash damage due to Samus's own armcannon not able to cut anything. Blast would be OP given the status chance, with Dual Stat mods it could possibly go to 100% blast would be 1. Lagging the game due to the many rapid explosions and 2. Overpowered causing a lot of knockdowns and damage to that.

Magazine size I can definitely say I can alter but say one thing: Do you know how fast Samus's Armcannon goes? The power beam itself is capable of rapid fire. To match this I can nerf the damage a bit so it's not that big of a problem to compensate dps. I want this weapon to be snuggly fit between the Boltor Prime and the Karak in terms of usage.

Wait i didn't read it was a beam weapon... i don't know about this really...

I don't think we need anymore beam-based weapons in the game at the moment.

Pssh who says there's too many beam-based weapons? There's not enough beam weapons :D

(That and high armored enemies negate the use of bullets later on)

WE can put the ammo to about 60 give it bow ammo drop to make getting ammo harder to acquire also give it a blast radius o we can take damage also

I'd like to point out that the blast radius will not be put in because:

A) Samus's own equipment won't hurt herself.

B) Dual Stat mods that make the status chance higher means more explosions that can make the game laggy and overpowered.

C) Ammo and Magazine Capacity are indeed a problem since Arm Cannon's do not necessarily reload or (Compared to Samus's) have a magazine count. I intend it to be rifle ammo because even weapons like Gorgon or Grakata can chew their ammo with ease so can an Arm cannon.

I'm glad you all intend on making this Penta-esque or Angstrum-esque weapon but blast damage would make this weapon too much and overpowered. Where it is, in my opinion, is fine with it's now 400 magazine capacity.

I don't get why people think Blast is overpowered; stat-wise there aren't really very many (if any at all) enemy types weak to it.

As for the concept itself... I could imagine a rifle that is designed with a sort of arm guard that makes it look like an arm cannon while you're equipping it, but an actual permanently-attached arm cannon would be impractical because it prevents use of one hand, which Tenno need for such things as parkour, melee combat, and dual sidearms.

I don't get why people think Blast is overpowered; stat-wise there aren't really very many (if any at all) enemy types weak to it.

As for the concept itself... I could imagine a rifle that is designed with a sort of arm guard that makes it look like an arm cannon while you're equipping it, but an actual permanently-attached arm cannon would be impractical because it prevents use of one hand, which Tenno need for such things as parkour, melee combat, and dual sidearms.

If you played Metroid: Other M, you know it's not a permanent armcannon. Like Samus's suit, her armcannon disappears when she changes into Zero Suit form. So when sheathing to switch to another weapon, the armcannon disappears like how Capture Targets disappear.

It's not the fact that many enemies are affected by blast damage, is the status of the enemies being knocked down or knocked back that's overpowered. It, theoretically, will prevent a Heavy Gunner from firing at all or Napalms or some bosses.

Edited by Dracario