Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Bosses Talk Faction Language Or Not?

Zurakci

This is the matter of personal preference on the bosses and their voices, but this hitted me once Vor became corrupted and started talking English again.

I loved that Vor talked Grineer. It felt like he was not Vey Hek and more a Tenno hunting Grineer.

But now. He is so.. Poetic and Human like. Its semi weird and semi good.

I just think it is weird he talks English, probably cause I am not used to it. I understand Hek speaking it, but Vor is just.. Meeh. I want the old "buddy" back.

It's a trade off, I think: yes, having them speak their language makes sense and helps immersion lore-wise, but if they speak English you can hear what they say without having to avert your eyes from combat and read the text beneath them.

Personally I'm fine with it being either way, besides, we hear the languages all the time from the grunts. Some new lines are always welcome, though!

To me it feels slightly more personal when you're confronting a boss who's taunts/etc you can understand, even if you can't talk back to him.

When he's just speaking to you in gibberish you can't understand without text translation, there's a disconnection for me where he somehow becomes not a person but just a thing, an object in my way.