Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do These Weapons Get So Little Love?

Azawarau

Grakata:

Grinlock:

Lecta:

Torid:

The Serro:

The Lanka:

Why don't these weapons get much love?

Grakata - That recoil can be annoying to deal with. Also it being a status weapon (It's direct damage is sub-par to several other fully automatic rifles, namely the Soma and Boltor Prime) it requires the event mods which not everyone has - Only the Cicero ones are currently available (The Breeding Grounds mods where available not too long ago though)

Grinlok - For the same reason why Sniper Rifles are not used very much. Bows do the slow firing high damage thing, but do it better. Yes it has good status chance, but at the cost of a significant amount of damage... It all ends up being too low damage for direct damage builds and kinda slow and unwieldy for status builds.

Lecta - People don't like whips. Their combo's can be a bit awkward due to how they work, but people mention that the whips feel slow. Also there's quite a significant damage difference between the Lecta and the Scoliac (Which tends to be the go-to whip)

Torid - As a Launcher, it's got an incredibly low fire rate, huge reload time and small magazine. UNLIKE a Launcher, it's AoE is so tiny it may as well not exist. Combine that with the fact that it's damage (The 300 base damage and whatever it says when you mod it out) is the total for the direct hit and EVERY tick of the cloud it makes and it ends up doing rather lackluster damage in a small radius and eats up a bunch of mod slots trying to make it not horrible to actually shoot the damn thing.

Serro - People like different things. I see a lot of people liking the Serro, it's essentially a slower but more damaging Orthos Prime with higher status chance. A lot of people like the Orthos, so I imagine a similar number of people would like the Serro (Othos Prime out DPS's the Serro, but Serro will out DPH the Orthos and then the status chance can be pretty useful)

Lanka - It's one good build relies again on status mods (The Gas/Electric AoE proc build). A traditional crit build is unreliable for damage because of a crit chance of 50% with Point Strike and as such is outclassed in that function by Bows with their >100% crit chance. Also, people don't like the zoom from the scope.

Torid can proc and does a lot (stripped all of Regor's armor in about 8 seconds last time I tested.

Grinlok is great for killing crowds; try using a Gas and Electric proc build.  You'll never go back.  

I thought i was the only one that use this wonderful combination

Why don't these weapons get much love?

Grakata - That recoil can be annoying to deal with. Also it being a status weapon (It's direct damage is sub-par to several other fully automatic rifles, namely the Soma and Boltor Prime) it requires the event mods which not everyone has - Only the Cicero ones are currently available (The Breeding Grounds mods where available not too long ago though)

Grinlok - For the same reason why Sniper Rifles are not used very much. Bows do the slow firing high damage thing, but do it better. Yes it has good status chance, but at the cost of a significant amount of damage... It all ends up being too low damage for direct damage builds and kinda slow and unwieldy for status builds.

Lecta - People don't like whips. Their combo's can be a bit awkward due to how they work, but people mention that the whips feel slow. Also there's quite a significant damage difference between the Lecta and the Scoliac (Which tends to be the go-to whip)

Torid - As a Launcher, it's got an incredibly low fire rate, huge reload time and small magazine. UNLIKE a Launcher, it's AoE is so tiny it may as well not exist. Combine that with the fact that it's damage (The 300 base damage and whatever it says when you mod it out) is the total for the direct hit and EVERY tick of the cloud it makes and it ends up doing rather lackluster damage in a small radius and eats up a bunch of mod slots trying to make it not horrible to actually shoot the damn thing.

Serro - People like different things. I see a lot of people liking the Serro, it's essentially a slower but more damaging Orthos Prime with higher status chance. A lot of people like the Orthos, so I imagine a similar number of people would like the Serro (Othos Prime out DPS's the Serro, but Serro will out DPH the Orthos and then the status chance can be pretty useful)

Lanka - It's one good build relies again on status mods (The Gas/Electric AoE proc build). A traditional crit build is unreliable for damage because of a crit chance of 50% with Point Strike and as such is outclassed in that function by Bows with their >100% crit chance. Also, people don't like the zoom from the scope.

You dont need every event mod to use t effectively but they help and itll beat out the soma around hih level grineer given both will run out of ammo so thats a useless point'

Extra status proc damage is alot higher than you might think

The grinlock is 130 something damage

Its the perfect headshot weapon fir high levels. Though the latron prime is much better despite having 90ish dmg and only 25% status because of its much higher fire rate and larger clip size

Use burning wasp. Its like the easiest stance to use with its basic combo 360 degree melee stub gun and elec concstantly procing gives it a nice boost in damage

Add Gas and And watch everything die

Torid when formad gets better. Its a weapon you have to invest into to see progress and it make leaps and bounds with forma

Its not a soma but it has its advantages

Also direct hits with the Torid do alot of damage

Aim well

Im calling it

Serro beats the Orthos prime in DPS fr both ingle target and groups

Whats wrong with a status weapon relying on status mods?

really they should give gas dmg to torid and bigger aoe and like the flying infested ospreys. but maybe not as big

reduce the clip size and fire rate or give charge up yea it will turn out to be a dot  gas ogris

Edited by NexionSE

really they should give gas dmg to torid and bigger aoe and like the flying infested ospreys. but maybe not as big

reduce the clip size and fire rate or give charge up yea it will turn out to be a dot  gas ogris

Ive formad the Torid 5-6 times now and its actually not bad

Nothing will compare to the Ogris in raw killing power so its unfair to compare the Torid to it

Alot of people still do as if their argument means anything

Heavy cal and serration on the torid with split chamber is incredibly nice

Throw on fire and youll have a GAS

Edited by Azawarau

Lanka under appreciated? 

Well to me it's most appreciated. 

It becomes a bullet that pierces enemies and leaves gas explosions in it's wake.

So many players think gas is bad an it makes me cry knowing theyll always be losing out

I was told gas was the worst elemental combination when i started and avoided  it for quite a long time

Then while reading about it and experimenting i fell in love

Never going back

I thought i was the only one that use this wonderful combination

You dont need every event mod to use t effectively but they help and itll beat out the soma around hih level grineer given both will run out of ammo so thats a useless point'

Extra status proc damage is alot higher than you might think

The grinlock is 130 something damage

Its the perfect headshot weapon fir high levels. Though the latron prime is much better despite having 90ish dmg and only 25% status because of its much higher fire rate and larger clip size

It's actually not the perfect headshot weapon for high levels.

A weapon that has a high crit chance (Like Soma or Bows) does better because crits get a x4 multiplier on headshots rather than the default x2 - Meaning that non-crit weapons need to have magnitudes more damage than crit weapons to deal equivalent damage on headshots.

Torid when formad gets better. Its a weapon you have to invest into to see progress and it make leaps and bounds with forma

Its not a soma but it has its advantages

Also direct hits with the Torid do alot of damage

All weapons get better when forma'd - I compare equally polarized weapons, so that things like needing forma are not a factor.

Torid is slow, it does okay damage when it hits, but it's significantly less than the stat screen tells you outside some abilities like Vortex allowing you to keep enemies inside the gas clouds for their full duration.

It's damage isn't absurdly high, it's fire rate is low, it's reload speed is low and it's magazine size is low. Modding to improve the damage, means you don't have as much room for the utilities that it really needs to feel nice to use. On the flip side, modding for the utilities means you'll be doing limited damage.

The reason for it's poor stats though is that it can do AoE - Unfortunately it's AoE size is pretty horrible.

With a few tweaks, I can see this weapon being very good and extremely fun to use, but as it stands it's not great.

Serro beats the Orthos prime in DPS fr both ingle target and groups

It doesn't.

That's a fact. It's fire rate is slow enough to counter the increased damage it has over the Orthos Prime:

http://goo.gl/mB4I1w - Orthos Prime = 78 base DPS

http://goo.gl/pvvwiR - Serro = 67 base DPS

Whats wrong with a status weapon relying on status mods?

Nothing inherently.

The only issue is that out of the 3 worthwhile status mods for each weapon type in game (I.E. Not the basic one that only goes up to 15% boost) only 1 is actually publicly available in the game.

Requiring status mods is not a problem, the fact that 2/3 of them are either unattainable or cost several hundred platinum each makes it a problem (Limits the amount of people who can use weapons that rely on good status chance - Since doing an AoE Lanka build without any status mods gives you a significantly reduced chance to do the AoE damage that makes the build worthwhile)

A weapon that has a high crit chance (Like Soma or Bows) does better because crits get a x4 multiplier on headshots rather than the default x2 - Meaning that non-crit weapons need to have magnitudes more damage than crit weapons to deal equivalent damage on headshots.

All weapons get better when forma'd - I compare equally polarized weapons, so that things like needing forma are not a factor.

Torid is slow, it does okay damage when it hits, but it's significantly less than the stat screen tells you outside some abilities like Vortex allowing you to keep enemies inside the gas clouds for their full duration.

It's damage isn't absurdly high, it's fire rate is low, it's reload speed is low and it's magazine size is low. Modding to improve the damage, means you don't have as much room for the utilities that it really needs to feel nice to use. On the flip side, modding for the utilities means you'll be doing limited damage.

The reason for it's poor stats though is that it can do AoE - Unfortunately it's AoE size is pretty horrible.

With a few tweaks, I can see this weapon being very good and extremely fun to use, but as it stands it's not great.

It doesn't.

That's a fact. It's fire rate is slow enough to counter the increased damage it has over the Orthos Prime:

Nothing inherently.

The only issue is that out of the 3 worthwhile status mods for each weapon type in game (I.E. Not the basic one that only goes up to 15% boost) only 1 is actually publicly available in the game.

Requiring status mods is not a problem, the fact that 2/3 of them are either unattainable or cost several hundred platinum each makes it a problem (Limits the amount of people who can use weapons that rely on good status chance - Since doing an AoE Lanka build without any status mods gives you a significantly reduced chance to do the AoE damage that makes the build worthwhile)

i think he just like to be an anti-mainstream guy which will be like: "OMG, soma and boltor prime is so op and everyone is using those. lets call it sucks/skillless/only4noobs and don't use it, and instead i'll try to say those weapon that is extremely weak and have less people using is strong and is better than all those op weapon."

It doesn't.

Nothing inherently.

There are weapons that are more dependent on forma than others to cover utilities along with damage such as the Amprex. Without forma you wont get that high crit and status entirely out and cant make the best of youre build

Did you take status procs into account at all for Serro VS Orthos Prime?

Or pure elemental damage VS Physical damage majoring in slash?

And about the Lanka

Maybe that Status weapons get a ton of extra damage from oh i dont know...Status procs?

And about the Lanka

ev2CaWA.jpg

3 Status mods all slots taken

ULgllBr.jpg

1 Status mod and 2 missing damage slots that i didnt fill

Its not that much lower and youll compensate with damage

With two status mods you jump to 78%

Its not like the build isnt viable without every status mod

Youre pushing through thicker water than you think with that one

i think he just like to be an anti-mainstream guy which will be like: "OMG, soma and boltor prime is so op and everyone is using those. lets call it sucks/skillless/only4noobs and don't use it, and instead i'll try to say those weapon that is extremely weak and have less people using is strong and is better than all those op weapon."

Awww i feel honored by your attempt at labeling and insulting me

But im not going to fall for flame bait

Soma stinks first off

Boltor prime is a solid weapon but ot my type of thing

I prefer latron prime

Also the Lanka isnt extremely weak

Bring a pure gas build into a T 4 Def and watch everything die with one shot

You dont even know what youre talking about

Edited by Azawarau

why use gas lanka? if we can do over 200K pre bow hit. gas is dam useless as if you one hit kill the target, no gas will be left.

why use grakata, we have much powerful boltor prime, soma.

that bolt action rifle? thats a joke.

do you go over 50 waves defense mission with those weapon you post here?

Lecta: Whips are pretty good with damage 2.0, but the scoliac is a better choice. Even if you can't get the scoliac, there are better weapons available besides this weapon. The scoliac does more damage and attacks really fast compared to the lecta which allows for great crowd control and stunlocks.

Another issue with the Lecta was that hit detection of whips were downright terrible when they came out. The majority of players use newer weapons when they come out fresh. So by the time various issues are fixed, most have allready sold it again. Which i think was what happend to this weapon too.

By the time the issues were fixed, the hype around whip weapons had died down, people were put off by the hit detection issues and everyone who was still interested in whips has moved on to the infested one.

why use gas lanka? if we can do over 200K pre bow hit. gas is dam useless as if you one hit kill the target, no gas will be left.

why use grakata, we have much powerful boltor prime, soma.

that bolt action rifle? thats a joke.

do you go over 50 waves defense mission with those weapon you post here?

Because the Lanka is pure elemental where bows are physical so it can take advantage of elemental procs where bows cant nearly as much

And 200k damage is nice but considering AoE youre actually being far less efficient with a bow than a lanka until possibly extremely high game situations where the Lanka cant kill anymore

Keep in mind that the lanka has 250 base damage at a full charge and thats nothing to laugh at and great ammo efficiency when youre taking out crowds in single shots with its innate 5m punch through

And about the rest of your post

You dont have to be an &#! about it

I never once said "these weapons are the best"

I did say that they are good and deserve more love

Id expect a better argument from someone that has that avatar but i guess im expecting too much

Another issue with the Lecta was that hit detection of whips were downright terrible when they came out. The majority of players use newer weapons when they come out fresh. So by the time various issues are fixed, most have allready sold it again. Which i think was what happend to this weapon too.

By the time the issues were fixed, the hype around whip weapons had died down, people were put off by the hit detection issues and everyone who was still interested in whips has moved on to the infested one.

Honestly the Lecta gets a better damage output than the scoliac in everything but single target DPS

And whips arent exactly the best at that

Try using the Lecta in infested missions with gas electric

Youll seriously rarely if ever get hit compared to other melee weapons even when enemies are able to tank you like a boss

And anything that groups too closely feels the heavy sting of AoE status spam

The only time i out down my Serro for another serious melee weapon is when im using the Lecta on defenses

I'll point out that Electricity on the Lecta still procs even if it isn't listed as a damage type anymore. You can have it proc Fire, Corrosive, and Electricity for example. Great if you want Electricity, but it also dilutes the other procs because now they each have a 33% chance to proc whenever a proc procs lol.

And try Fire Lecta with Accelerant, melt the ship around you lol

Edited by DarkTails

I'll point out that Electricity on the Lecta still procs even if it isn't listed as a damage type anymore. You can have it proc Fire, Corrosive, and Electricity for example. Great if you want Electricity, but it also dilutes the other procs because now they each have a 33% chance to proc whenever a proc procs lol.

And try Fire Lecta with Accelerant, melt the ship around you lol

You have room or alot of combos with electric being one of the best single and combined elements here

But for melee ill always opt for elec

Its just too useful not to have

No matter what the enemy level they cant move and the more you hit at once the higher your DPS goes

Because those weapons require skill and aiming and stuff whereas with my Soma and Boltor Prime, I can just hold down the fire button, shake my mouse around randomly, and kill everything in the general area.

Because those weapons require skill and aiming and stuff whereas with my Soma and Boltor Prime, I can just hold down the fire button, shake my mouse around randomly, and kill everything in the general area.

Best reply in this thread

Sarcasm or not

Because the Lanka is pure elemental where bows are physical so it can take advantage of elemental procs where bows cant nearly as much

And 200k damage is nice but considering AoE youre actually being far less efficient with a bow than a lanka until possibly extremely high game situations where the Lanka cant kill anymore

Keep in mind that the lanka has 250 base damage at a full charge and thats nothing to laugh at and great ammo efficiency when youre taking out crowds in single shots with its innate 5m punch through

And about the rest of your post

You dont have to be an @$$ about it

I never once said "these weapons are the best"

I did say that they are good and deserve more love

Id expect a better argument from someone that has that avatar but i guess im expecting too much

Well, these don't need to be any argument, just check the DPS table frist and recoil table by second, you can find that whats the best, and why the weapon you said have so little love.

Well, these don't need to be any argument, just check the DPS table frist and recoil table by second, you can find that whats the best, and why the weapon you said have so little love.

Many of the top DPS weapons are also very ammo inefficient without a mutation so i dont use them

The Serro is stronger than people think and its sad how many are gravely misinformed by paper numbers

Same with Lecta VS Scoliac

The Lanka can actually deal out more damage than bows but its farther spread out

If i had 10 plat for every time my Banshee with a lanka beat out face tank Rhino prime with a paris prime in T 4 Def

And this thread isnt about the best weappons

Many of the weapons on my list are called bad and rather unreasonably

I don't have many mods at the moment since I'm pretty new, but my Grakata with a catalyst SHREDS huge groups of baddies since I have increased damage, punch through, multishot, and virus damage. The recoil is absurd (even more so with added fire rate), but I can't do anything about that until I've got a mod that affects recoil/stability or slows the fire rate down a bit. It's actually insanely accurate. I've mapped fire to both my left mouse and my wheel scroll down so if I want to fire single shots, I just scroll my wheel down once. I rarely ever miss headshots regardless of distance when doing that. It's just the recoil that lots of people can't handle (but that's why you fire in bursts).

I'd use the soma if I wanted a raw damage build but the Grakata has a nice and unique feel to it. Something is pretty satisfying about proccing all three physical damage effects on a group of targets in just a single volley of fire. Add magnetism, virus, or corrosive and you've got a weapon that shreds hard, stunlocks, decreases damage dealt by enemies, and it just outright kills them too.

No comment on the rest.

I don't have many mods at the moment since I'm pretty new, but my Grakata with a catalyst SHREDS huge groups of baddies since I have increased damage, punch through, multishot, and virus damage. The recoil is absurd (even more so with added fire rate), but I can't do anything about that until I've got a mod that affects recoil/stability or slows the fire rate down a bit. It's actually insanely accurate. I've mapped fire to both my left mouse and my wheel scroll down so if I want to fire single shots, I just scroll my wheel down once. I rarely ever miss headshots regardless of distance when doing that. It's just the recoil that lots of people can't handle (but that's why you fire in bursts).

I'd use the soma if I wanted a raw damage build but the Grakata has a nice and unique feel to it. Something is pretty satisfying about proccing all three physical damage effects on a group of targets in just a single volley of fire. Add magnetism, virus, or corrosive and you've got a weapon that shreds hard, stunlocks, decreases damage dealt by enemies, and it just outright kills them too.

No comment on the rest.

My only complaint with the Grakata is the ammo efficiency

Unfortunately its kind of low but that CC with shred and Status boosters isnt bad at all

EDIT

Also physical status weapons tend to stink :x

Edited by Azawarau