Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... About Universal Idle Animations-

Issxi

-I'm very much against this.

Part of what makes each Warframe special is it's personality. It's mannerisms, how it acts, and equally as important: how it moves. If/when this becomes a thing, you will most likely see nothing but Ember Noble idles being used and we all know why. I don't think Saryn, Valkyr, and other female Tenno (and males definitely if the animations are universal) would look good with say, Ember's animations or even Nova's because it just ruins their individuality. Also don't say it, I've seen the other thread with pictures and I'm not a fan of them all behaving the same. Not to mention since each animation is rigged to each specific frame, stretching, clipping, and other things could become a problem.

Instead of just making them all work with all frames, why not just make new frame stances? Plus, I'm not very fond of having to pay platinum for something that was free before, I think that's very uncool. It's like if one day all of our frames were headless and the default helmets were on the market for platinum. Hopefully I'm not the only one who sees this as something to be frowned upon.

I really hope they reconsider.

Your frames will still have their own Idle animations, I'm not sure what you mean when you compare it to all the helmets being removed, it's more akin to DE allowing you to buy Loki's helmet and use it on Ash or Nova, while not touching the default helmets that are already in place for each frame.

Your point about the rigs is somewhat valid. The animations in Warframe are all done on one rig which is shared between the Warframes, there's no issue with that. However, Nekros' already considerable texture stretching COULD be made worse if he did an animation that was not necessarily intended for him, OR it could actually make it look better. All animations in Warframe are shared, so this can apply to absolutely any one of them. Saryn could have some texture stretching in the Hacking animation that Oberon doesn't, but does that mean they should change the animation? No, because you probably haven't noticed.

However, with these idles, you have an option to change it if you find it personally unappealing, however someone else may really enjoy it!
You don't have to do it, but should that mean that nobody gets to? I personally can't wait to try Loki's Noble stance on more frames, but that's just my opinion and my choice.

In the grand scheme of the game, it really doesn't affect much if you don't want it to. And if it's going to bother you to see other people using Ember's stances, then I must ask why you're looking at them instead of shooting an infested in the face. Tenno, your priorities do not please the Lotus. (Kidding, of course)

I guess you're both right... I don't know. I'm hoping its not like this-

Each frame has 3 stances as of now: Default, Agile, and Noble.

When this change comes will they remove the Agile and Noble from frames we already have?

Like one day I have all 3 stances, then the update happens and I'm stuck with the default, and being forced to shovel out more money to use what I already owned?

I guess that's what I'm worried about most. I don't think its fair.

If that's the case then I hope it'll cost credits and require Mastery Rank Levels to obtain a new set like some existing weapon BP's do.

Edited by DarkD3filer

I guess you're both right... I don't know. I'm hoping its not like this-

Each frame has 3 stances as of now: Default, Agile, and Noble.

When this change comes will they remove the Agile and Noble from frames we already have?

Like one day I have all 3 stances, then the update happens and I'm stuck with the default, and being forced to shovel out more money to use what I already owned?

I guess that's what I'm worried about most. I don't think its fair.

If that's the case then I hope it'll cost credits and require Mastery Rank Levels to obtain a new set like some existing weapon BP's do.

I very highly doubt that DE will take away the poses we currently have for free, they'll just unlock the ability to buy them for the other Frames.

Warframes are just suits; the notion that they have personalities is erroneous, though an error understandably built on so many unique animations tied to specific Warframes.

Opening the Idle animation selections to every Warframe better establishes that they are suits used by operators - Tenno - and not themselves Characters.