Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Some Reccomendations On Building/forma-Ing Valkyr

Terumitsu

Question

I've looked around the warframe builder site and while it has numerous (albeit similar) suggestions on how to build a Valkyr, I'd like to know what is actually used and how what I have in mind measures up to any potentially better implementation of the concept.

What I've got is as follows:

Aura: Steel Charge

Rip Line (Having trouble getting rid of this as it's just a fun/useful mobility skill)

Warcry

Hysteria (Currently on the fence with this one. I see it being useful but I could be convinced to replace it)

Rage

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Constitution

Continuity

Streamline

????

This last mod slot is under some conflict as I am unsure if I want to add Intensify for a boost to Warcry, Blind Rage for a larger boost but less efficiency, or Narrow Minded for a longer duration.

I've currently got two formas to bring things up to a total of two 'V' polarities and two 'D' polarities and I'm considering getting rid of an '=' polarity to open up the potential to just put any of them in there but I'd like some feedback on what folks actually play around with.

10 answers to this question

My own Valkyr build, which only took two Formae if I recall it.. is built like this;

- Ripline

- Warcry

- Hysteria (Somewhat unsure of this ability, maybe use it once or twice per 10 missions.)

- Vitality

- Steel Fiber

- Rage

- Blind Rage

- Equilibrium

- Flow

- Intensify

Steel Charge as Aura.

Life Strike on Melee is a must.

My build: (full tank)

Vatality 

Steel Fiber

Vigor 

Redirection

Rage

Ripline

Quick thinking

Flow 

Steel charge

I have 2 spots empty, which i could fix with forma. :P

Edited by Feallike

You'll be taking hysteria regardless for recovery and utility.

Paralysis is the black sheep of the ability family and should be avoided and the extra mod space used for something more useful.

Valkyr is built around rage, max rank vitality, and steel fiber. This is what generates your power for abilities and keeps you alive while doing it. Vigor isn't really needed, but if you have room, more effective health is never a bad thing.

Everything after that is personal preference. I tend to efficiency builds for flexibility and they don't really require long durations since all her powers are spammable at 75% efficiency. This will require at least one forma for fleeting expertise and possibly constitution to at least partially offset the penalty.

The aura slot. Normally folks just run steel charge for the mod energy boost and the relatively small boost to melee, since Valky is essentially a melee 'frame. The fly in the ointment is steel charge doesn't effect hysteria (right now, should change with U14) and there are better things to put here. A forma to switch the slot to a bar polarity to use allows the use of corrosive projection. This combined with status weapons allows a very large debuff to grineer (and the more dangerous infested) armor which makes for more damage overall. It can be switched out for the shield debuff for corpus (I usually don't use Valk on corpus, so not an issue) if necessary.

I presently have two Valkyr builds. My primary one is a flexibility build while waiting for U14, built around fleeting expertise and duration mods to offset the penalty. I also have a power build with short range and high duration (warcry-centric with narrow minded). This one has a very short range on ripline and that might be even worth dropping it for more power via a 2-rank blind rage. U14 will tell.

Generally, you'll find yourself needing 1-3 forma depending on aura use and amount of corrupted mods. If hysteria benefits as much as I think it will from the revamp, one or two more might be required for the high-efficiency/high-power standard build you usually see for 'frames like Ember and Saryn.

Warcry is currently bugged as well, the armor increase from the ability is permanent. So my current setup is using no duration or efficiency mods, just pure tankiness.

http://goo.gl/fK32bx

Just cast WC asap during the match and enjoy running around with incredible amounts of effective health. Reflection and Reflex Guard can be exchanged for Vigor and Flow for more effective health but less mitigation. Reflection is particularly useful when you channel the block with Life Strike equipped for 0 energy healing.

http://goo.gl/SYdhJ0 = 16234 effective health.

Warcry is currently bugged as well, the armor increase from the ability is permanent. So my current setup is using no duration or efficiency mods, just pure tankiness.

http://goo.gl/fK32bx

Just cast WC asap during the match and enjoy running around with incredible amounts of effective health. Reflection and Reflex Guard can be exchanged for Vigor and Flow for more effective health but less mitigation. Reflection is particularly useful when you channel the block with Life Strike equipped for 0 energy healing.

http://goo.gl/SYdhJ0 = 16234 effective health.

May I ask if the above also applies to PS4 users? got a lot of spare forma, and I kind of only levelled this frame around U11

May I ask if the above also applies to PS4 users?

I don't know - I only noticed the bug recently, but it's possible. Its easy to test - take some health damage with WC active, let it wear off, take the same hit again and see if its the same.