Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushing To The Exit And No Rewards If You Don't Make It......=[

CY13ERPUNK

can we address this bullS#&$?

srsly, i can get the positive incentive for grouping and whatnot, but this is NOT the way to do it IMHO (the electro balls were MUCH better)

as is, regardless if you want to be a team player or not, if someone rushes through the mobs and just dashes right to the exit while you or the rest of the team try to fight your way there, you will often find yourself in the middle of a firefight when the "get to extraction" msg pops up

and then you can either try to race towards the exit yourself and hope that you don't die on the way and make it there in time, or you can just try to kill as many infected/grineer/corpus that you can before the timer counts down

BUT if you aren't at the exit you get ZERO BONUS CREDITS

so basically, if there is a douchebag rusher in your group, and you don't keep up with that person, you get screwed out of the mission bonus credits

this system REALLY NEEDS TO BE CHANGED, it fractures the community and that is not a good thing

plz DE find other ways to encourage us to stick together and punish ppl for rushing or wandering off solo or whatevers, but this is NOT the way

I have decided that if I'm hosting the game and there is a rusher that won't reset the timer after being asked to do so that I'm going to drop host just to annoy them. :P

I kinda wish there was a vote kick option, sometimes.

can we address this bullS#&$?

srsly, i can get the positive incentive for grouping and whatnot, but this is NOT the way to do it IMHO (the electro balls were MUCH better)

as is, regardless if you want to be a team player or not, if someone rushes through the mobs and just dashes right to the exit while you or the rest of the team try to fight your way there, you will often find yourself in the middle of a firefight when the "get to extraction" msg pops up

and then you can either try to race towards the exit yourself and hope that you don't die on the way and make it there in time, or you can just try to kill as many infected/grineer/corpus that you can before the timer counts down

BUT if you aren't at the exit you get ZERO BONUS CREDITS

so basically, if there is a douchebag rusher in your group, and you don't keep up with that person, you get screwed out of the mission bonus credits

this system REALLY NEEDS TO BE CHANGED, it fractures the community and that is not a good thing

plz DE find other ways to encourage us to stick together and punish ppl for rushing or wandering off solo or whatevers, but this is NOT the way

Yeah its not fun if that happens. I think its in the game to stop people just staying where they spawn while the others do all the work. In other words to stop people going AFK.

Rush FTW! Where all rushers in my parties im most of time need tu rush myself with my turtle moving frost, come to me, i want to finish missions faster, i dont see the point to clean neverending respawn, when u can go defense missions and kill tonns there, so everyone rush im happy with it.

With the lack of PVP, this is the best your gonna get for griefing people. I say keep it as is.

srsly? your kind of mentality is toxic

I love old-school PK (UO days), but this modern day post-WoW "grief" crap is for immature children

why the F*** would I WANT to grief someone? that's intentional harrassment...

I run through many sections of missions, just because I've done them so many times. But I keep an eye on the map as well, and if there's someone lagging behind, I do what I can to either go back & get/help them, or remind the rest of the group that we ARE a group, and they should wait up.

I can understand the mentality of rushing through a mission I'm re-re-RE-running, it's just not acceptable to make anyone else pay a price for my impatience.

Perhaps the onus should be upon the player joining a game to see what type of playstyle is being utilised by the active group/individual. You know, basic human communication, since nobody is psychic (and if you are, stay outta my thoughts between 7 and 10pm on a Wednesday!)

I am a go-slower, I like to explore and see what I can find - as is my squadmate. Nobody is going to instantly know that unless communication is entered into.

This isn't a one way thing - what I'm saying is, if you have someone join who appears to be playing contrary to your / your group style, ask politely in chat for them to alter it. If they don't, then welp. Make sure you're on private next time?

(Yes, rushers irritate me too, but c'mon.)

I love old-school PK (UO days), but this modern day post-WoW "grief" crap is for immature children

why the F*** would I WANT to grief someone? that's intentional harrassment...

Fully agree with everything you said.

There are games out there where it is well within the rules and theme of the game to be as nasty and annoying as you may wish....I played such a game religiously for over 6 years, the amount of "hate mail" i racked up was staggering ( I was not a nice person to anyone outside my clan/ guild/ corp) but all of this was strictly within the rules. However in a co-op game such as warcraft I would never consider deliberately trolling someone, that would just be pointlessly immature.

I would be interested as to the reason to rush through a co-op game as opposed to rushing through solo however? Is there a material benefit to rushing a group match as opposed to a solo mission that I'm unaware of? Not counting boss runs where you may not be able to solo the boss, but regular missions. I assume there is, otherwise "rushing" could only ever be considered a deliberate trolling attempt.

That said, if all the people in my group are rushing, I'll play along and go as fast as I can. However if it's just the one, then He/she is going to be waiting the full 60 seconds as I try to grab as much loot as possible before it times out. There's always another mission and another group after all.

Edited by FluffyBunnySlippers

Just hate it when I score top in the mission and earn 'no' bonus credits.

The bonus system could have been according to the performance of the player, not by some player who can outrun everything half-way and reach extraction before anyone else.

Wish there was a change in the extraction system, where players can get extraction and exit the game individually, not the entire squad.

That way, everyone has the chance to reach extraction and get the bonus credits.

IF there is a timer, than it should be universal time for the map. sometimes you have to get out of the ship before it explodes etc.

but just because somebody rushes trough, destroying the game of three other players who are actually farming or enjoying a battle, i see no need for a timer.

if the rushing player really is that uncooperative, he should be able to extract himself out.

if a player is AFK and all the other ones are at the extraction point, they could get off the map the same way. we got a winwin here. the afk player can come back later an play the level through and the other ones dont get annoyed. noone can trollrush and noone else is sad because he got left behind.

This happened to me this morning:

At a boss map (Jupiter-Themisto) one guy rushed through all the mobs to the golem, tried to solo it (succeeded, failed, succeeded <- this happened several times) and quit the game right after slaying the golem. Didn't even care for the game itself, mods or anything. Just kill and see if he got something and immediate disconnect and left us to fight the round to the end. (solution: boss will be locked behind a door until the whole squad is there?)

I will not publish his name because I am better than that but the chats I had with him REALLY infuriated me. I tried to talk sense to him and this happened :

him: "fast volt farm"

me: "Don't you care you are ruining the game for the rest of us"

him: "w/e works for me"

Edited by TtBrain

W/e works for me. Sorry if you feel like you deserve better, but as a rusher also, my main concern is, well, me and not you. You're just a faceless stranger over the web with no feelings that I care about. Give me my farm.

I'm assuming deliberate irony here?

If not, why exactly should you be "given" your farm? After all if you don't care at all about the desires of people you are in a team with, what possible motivation do they have for caring about yours? Co-op, the hint is in the name friend. If all you want is the farm, solo it. Fast, effective, no issue with host migration, less lag etc. etc. and you don't have to mess up anyone's game to do it.....If you're not good enough to solo a given boss and you need help, then it is incumbent on you to give a little in return.

If you really are so self-centered that you consider it perfectly acceptable to use other players for your own ends without a thought to their feelings on the matter (and I'm not sure you're not just being sarcastic), then you are the type of player who makes me hope that a block list is implemented as soon as possible. By all means farm with others who also are just after farm, but I certainly wouldn't want to be in a game with you regardless of how skilled you may be.

Of course, if you were just being sarky, then this post is aimed at those who agree with the quoted text without realizing.

It's his game, let him decide. ;)

Maybe some kind of serverbrowser besides the current matchmaking would do the trick. Ppl open their games and choose a name for them.

<~RUSHERS PARADISE GOLEM FARM JOIN HERE~>

Whoever doesn't like this and rather wants to meet new Tennos can still use the old system.