Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushing To The Exit And No Rewards If You Don't Make It......=[

CY13ERPUNK

Rushing or Turtling should be agreed upon by the players pre-mission.

While it should it doesnt stop someone from hopping in mid mission and taking off like a mad hare towards the exit. And sadly most of tehm dont do anything besides rush for the extraction, not even killing enemies along the way.

The best time I had with a rusher was on pluto. There was a two person door relatively close to the exit, he just ran forward and was swarmed by everything he had spawned and was killed really fast. Then had the nerve to yell at us for not helping him. We ignorred him and he lost 2 of his revives before he quit the game. Got what he deserved.

The best time I had with a rusher was on pluto. There was a two person door relatively close to the exit, he just ran forward and was swarmed by everything he had spawned and was killed really fast. Then had the nerve to yell at us for not helping him. We ignorred him and he lost 2 of his revives before he quit the game. Got what he deserved.

Random level creation turned out to be in your favour. And yes, he totally deserved it.

In my opinion, a person should be given the full reward AND kicked off the team after a minute has passed that he/she is in the extraction area. First, this lets others in the team play as long as they want in the map without any repercussions and second, this allows the rusher to quickly complete his/her game without letting other people get the shorter stick.

Better solution: See above example of the effect of a 2-man door right in front of the extraction point. Hardcode it so EVERY extract point has a 2-man door blocking it - outdoor maps DO have 2-man door transitions that can lead into the end area, BTW; the door to the room with the breakable vent on either end would serve nicely, since that seems universally to be the transition into the large open-air extract. Voila: If someone wants to rush, their best option is to solo, since Lotus will assist the bypass of the 2-man door. If they try it in a public game, they're gonna get stuck there, and likely mowed down by the waves that will A: follow them to the door, and B: be spawned onto them as the forward player. And folks who play for co-op will no longer have to worry about suddenly having a 60-second timer pop up because of a deserter.

well as of the latest update, it takes half of the active players in a squad to have reached extraction for the timer to start. I think all of the "rusher" threads are kinda obselete now.

I don't think so. Half the group, what does that mean?

So, you're playing a match, one rusher joins you, rushes to the extraction point. Half the team is in, timer starts. Problem not solved.

Next example, two players join you - now the question arises: "what exactly is half the team?". Since the team is 3 people, how many have to be at the extraction point to start the timer? It's an uneven number. Is it 1 or 2 players? If 1, the problem isn't solved at all, in this scenario. Is it 2, it just needs one more rusher in the group, that isn't much tbh.

Last example 3 people join you, 2 have to be at the extraction point to start the timer. Same problem as above. It just needs one more rusher. Given the amount of posts against rushers, I think chances are big that you get 2 rushers in your team.

So, I don't feel that this problem is solved in a reasonable way. Here is a suggestion for a better solution.

First of there has to be an option beforehand to announce what playstile one prefers. Labeling a match "rush" or "exploration" would help players to quickly find like-minded persons, which gets rid of much anger against each other. To each his own. Secondly, to avoid grievers the timer must go. It's as simple as that. Just let people vote for themselves whether they want to leave the match at the extraction point or not. As soon as one place is free, it can be filled up again by another player. Just let the difficulty adjust itself according to the number of players still in the match.

Edited by lokozar

First of there has to be an option beforehand to announce what playstile one prefers. Labeling a match "rush" or "exploration" would help players to quickly find like-minded persons, which gets rid of much anger against each other. To each his own. Secondly, to avoid grievers the timer must go. It's as simple as that. Just let people vote for themselves whether they want to leave the match at the extraction point or not. As soon as one place is free, it can be filled up again by another player. Just let the difficulty adjust itself according to the number of players still in the match.

1. The first suggestion would require a "lobby" screen for you to choose a squad to join. Plus, rushers can join just to troll the "explorers" anyway.

2. The second suggestion essentially allows for infinite farming of the same mission. One player keeps the game instance up, another just repeatedly finishes and rejoins the "cleared" session for credit rewards. It is so exploitable it's not even funny. And what if there's an AFKer?

Requiring half the team to start the countdown is the closest they'll get to balance. The only way i can think of beyond that is giving everyone the credit reward instead of just the ones at extraction, though that would in turn encourage leeching off of sessions.

After playing for 2 round of no credits reward, cause I killing enemy while teammate just run pass them,
I think De suggest us to use speed warframe. I going to speed rush all the way to end point and leave everyone no credit until de do something about it.

Edited by StarKnight

Seriously, and this is already in the game, just end every mission using the defense mission prompt. When you get to the extract point a window pops up saying 'let me leave' or 'stay'. Works the same way a defense mission would, where those choosing to leave get removed from the game and still see the mission complete window afterwards.

1. The first suggestion would require a "lobby" screen for you to choose a squad to join. Plus, rushers can join just to troll the "explorers" anyway.

2. The second suggestion essentially allows for infinite farming of the same mission. One player keeps the game instance up, another just repeatedly finishes and rejoins the "cleared" session for credit rewards. It is so exploitable it's not even funny. And what if there's an AFKer?

Requiring half the team to start the countdown is the closest they'll get to balance. The only way i can think of beyond that is giving everyone the credit reward instead of just the ones at extraction, though that would in turn encourage leeching off of sessions.

1. Lobby, maybe. Checkbox for each player and sane matchmaking would do it as well, I think. However, I see no problem with a lobby like system. And of course rushers could join to troll. And? I never said it would get rid of idiots. But it creates a better atmosphere for honest players that want to play one way or the other. Furthermore, even if rushers would join exploration matches, so what? They rush to the extraction point, hit "extract now" and are gone. The match scales down again. Maybe despawn those mobs triggered by the rusher.

2. No, why? No joining of the same match or no rewards for joining again, after extraction occured.

Not so narrow-minded.

EDIT:

Also, what Darzk said. ^^

Edited by lokozar

I agree that just letting rushers immediately exit the mission without everyone else would be a good solution. You hit the extraction point and have a 1-minute timer. When the timer is up you and whoever else is in the end-zone leaves, and whoever isn't stays. As an added bonus, it means that you end up splitting groups by playstyle automatically. The rushers leave together and can hit another mission if they want, the explorers hang around and can go to another mission at their own pace.

The changes in the latest patch are self-contradictory.

Two players have to be at the extraction zone, but the new tiles in Grineer asteroid base and ESPECIALLY Corpus planetside base are so ridiculously huge that it's hard to catch up to rushing players. I was playing a Frost in a game just now and couldn't catch up to these two Lokis who were rushing to the end (didn't help that today was the first time I'd seen a couple of those tiles). I asked if they would wait but no one did. 2900 credit reward mission, I got nothing because map tiles the size of Alaska made it impossible to match pace with the rest of the team.

Just let people finish a mission whenever they want, or make the extraction timer substantially longer (2-3 minutes). 0 credits for doing my share of the work just isn't fair, and it's only going to make people solo or only play with people they know. I think that's already happening, as the bulk of people in public games subscribe to the rushing mentality, i.e. are jerks.