Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Melee Crit Chance Mod

yarash2110

currently it is only 60%+, even melee weapons that are crit focused and have the highest crit chance in the game (melee only) that start at 25% crit chance with a maxed crit chance mod will only go to 40% crit chance! less then half of the time they will crit! and those are weapons that are USELESS if they are not critting, 

the only way to to 50% exactly is to add the true punishment mod, 

that mod only works when channeling, does not stack with other crit chance mods and on top of that will reduce channeling efficiency by a ton.

crit chance mods for melee should be buffed to about 100%+ at minimum to make those type of melees viable in terms of damage.

thanks for reading and please write your opinion in the comments

I have mentioned this before. Rifles are still the "best" option. It doesn't matter that Melee can kill enemies when Rifles are still the better option.

If you're going to give us the option of equiping just one weapon, make them all as powerful. Don't make it an obvious "Go with the soma if you want a crit weapon!" or "Use the grinlok if you want a status weapon!" it should be "You can either use the Soma, AkMagnus, or Dual Ichor as a crit weapon, or all three!"

I have mentioned this before. Rifles are still the "best" option. It doesn't matter that Melee can kill enemies when Rifles are still the better option.

If you're going to give us the option of equiping just one weapon, make them all as powerful. Don't make it an obvious "Go with the soma if you want a crit weapon!" or "Use the grinlok if you want a status weapon!" it should be "You can either use the Soma, AkMagnus, or Dual Ichor as a crit weapon, or all three!"

This, I like this...

I think all criticals should be reexamined, like a crit 2.0. Currently there are a number of primary weapons that can easily have 125%+ crit chance, which always yellow crits and occasionally red crits. As far as I'm aware, this is the only game I've played that has 'critical' criticals; and I think that is a problem. That devalues base damage and regular crits. Why not just increase crit damage and leave it to regular crits? Allow critical hits to critical themselves just seems like bad game design to me (Just my own opinion with no malicious tones). Further more, both melee and secondary crit mods do not even come close to the power and viability of primary crit mods. For example, the Lex prime, the 'original,' undiluted, and supposedly more powerful version of the original 'crit' pistol can only attain a max crit chance of 44%! Compared to the primary crit cap of almost 150% thats minuscule! Melee is pretty much as bad, but at least most melee weapons, or atleast crit based melee weapons, have a higher hit rate than the Lex. 

So in conclusion, I think criticals should be re-examined as a whole. If red crits are the new  ceiling we need to proportionally bring up the earlier weapons' crit chances; and many weapons require stat fixes (especially, but not exclusively, crit chance). And finally, the mods should be more equivalent, either raise secondary and melee, or lower primary.