Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Veterans

(PSN)D-onlinekilla-4D

Question

Hi I'm planning on revisiting Trinity as I sort of just levelled her quickly for mastery and never really paid much attention to how to mod her, if anyone who reads this has played Trinity recently, or are veteran Trinity players could maybe give me a few tips/builds, was thinking something like this---> http://goo.gl/8xW5MQ    I play mainly high level survival, both in the solar system and void, plus I take advantage of team energy restores,due to the amount of eximus, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

@TisForTat

Tank, in the MMO sense, refers to the player that attracts the enemies' attention to protect the squad/party.  It can rely on huge amounts of health, damage mitigation, evasion, magic or other methods to accomplish this.  Calling Valkyr a tank only utilizes one aspect of this definition and it is not even the important aspect of being a tank (no taunt).  If anyone is a tank, it is Nyx since Absorb does draw aggro and provides complete damage protection.

Valkyr actually has two of those definitions you mentioned and the other two have nothing to do with being a tank. Health? Heavy base armor and healing through Hysteria, check. Damage mititation? Warcry and Hysteria, check. She also jumps in the front lines because she is a melee centric that uses endurance to survive rather than stealth, thereby drawing aggro.

Evasion? Rogues which use evasion unlike tanks who do not are the polar opposite actually. You might as well call Loki a tank then.

Magic? Most classes use some form of magic but Mages use magic almost exclusively unlike tanks and are in fact highly fragile but bring exceptionally powerful crowd control. You might as well call Nova a tank then.

Nyx is another mage and if you consider one single ability being a tank despite being actually rather fragile outside of it, then I think your definition of a tank is too broad that that the classification is meaningless in the way you put it.

I consider tank to define a role which draws aggro/fire from other teammates. Without any sort of threat modifiers, the best we can really get to is 'tanky', which defines a number of setups. I guess Absorb spam Nyx would count but I'm pretty sure it wont draw enough threat to mitigate from a teammate closer to the enemy.

Technically any frame can get to infinite health through Rage+Life Strike. With that off the table, only Valkyr and Trinity can get infinite health through Rage+Abilities (Oberon? I guess? His heal is slow tho.), although Rhino can get some massive EHP from Rage+IS spam (something like 60k with no outside health/energy generation) and Zephyr can maintain infinite ehp if incoming damage within a 30 second period is less than shield value.

Back to sorta-on-topic, I have used EV for CC against a target no one is shooting at, but I wouldn't bring WoL just for that purpose. The WoL+EV assassinate combo is not as effective anymore, because EV used to ignore armor, and now is heavily mitigated by it, so it won't kill armored units anymore.

Dammit, I was afk. Enough good advice already in the thread that I think I can pass on the copy & paste this time >.>

Personally, I, like most of this thread, prefer going with a short duration Blessing, meaning a short duration Link. However the build posted would work decently for what the OP is looking for - a Link tank, with an occasional Blessing to top people up. It would still work better with EV for energy generation to fuel the Blessings and Links, not to mention channeled melee attacks.

If you're dedicated to using Rage for energy generation, I would drop Redirection for Steel Fiber or Quick Thinking. If you do go with QT, this gives you the option of using Blessing after it's activated, providing a 99% damage reduction during it's activation period, so you may consider using a full rank on Blessing. But there's other/better builds for team reduction (namely no health/shields and max duration).

Personally I would run with EV instead of Rage, allowing you to generate energy whenever you want as opposed to just after your shields have broken. This would also allow you to adjust FE and Streamline to provide another 10% duration. Even with OE installed, this would provide 27.5 energy per cast, enough to follow up with a Blessing and still have energy for a following EV - so you'd need to maintain at least 15 energy (ideally 40) at all times. http://goo.gl/Nen3JU

Which means that you'll be using EV a lot, and would benefit from Natural Talent or Intensify, but there's not really anywhere to put it. I would suggest perhaps instead of Stretch - would reduce Link to 25m, which I think is enough. http://goo.gl/Rymxh0

Finally, I would suggest that perhaps the duration could be lessened. By dropping Narrow Minded and OE for Nat Talent and Constitution, you and teammates would gain a lot more energy from EV spam and you'd still maintain a 12.5 sec 20m range Link, good enough IMO, plus you'd get a little bit of knockdown assistance, useful when Link isn't active. http://goo.gl/Lj6l7w (you could use Stretch instead of Intensify or NT if you needed more range on Link)

Finally, if you're willing to toss in another forma, the aura should be switched to - for Corrosive Projection, making the build viable for high level Void and Grineer missions. For non-armored enemies, Energy Siphon is better than Physique, especially for the first and second build variations above where EV is not totally overpowered.

thank you for this^^^^^, after some gameplay and levelling today, I have decided to follow the third build, i have polarized a -- for constitution. so it is definitely worth it to put a -- in aura slot for corrosive projection on this build? will this build see me to 50 mins survival? sorry for all the questions, and thanks to all who have contributed, very much appreciated :)

As you approach the hour mark, enemies scale past level 100 (iirc); Against a level 100 Corrupted Gunner, CP aura will increase base damage done to him by ~40%. So yeah, its definitely worth it. If you only plan to stay to the 30-40 minute marks you can probably get by without it, but going past that you're gonna need at least 2-3 of them equipped on the team, ideally all 4.

As you approach the hour mark, enemies scale past level 100 (iirc); Against a level 100 Corrupted Gunner, CP aura will increase base damage done to him by ~40%. So yeah, its definitely worth it. If you only plan to stay to the 30-40 minute marks you can probably get by without it, but going past that you're gonna need at least 2-3 of them equipped on the team, ideally all 4.

My quest this evening is to get that -- aura polarity, if I was to attempt 2 maybe 3, CP aura in my squad, would you suggest also modding for viral or toxin maybe? I usually use corrosive heat on 6 x forma synapse, dual ichors toxin damage, just thinking with the huge chunk of armor that we wont have to get through