Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Countdown Beep For Votes Is The Most Annoying And Headache Inducing Noise Ever Created

Mutant1988

i actually like the sound. maybe get a better headset/ speakers?

You like hearing a constant loud beep once a second for 60 seconds because a player decides that they don't want to vote on actually playing a level?

It's completely unnecessary. The old system only had beeps for the last 10 seconds and those were far more subdued than this annoying noise.

This is a bug.  The idea is to only have the beep come in at the 10 second mark.  We will fix.

Thank you.

If you could do look into doing something about it's volume/treble (Because I did find it loud and piercing enough to give me a headache. That wasn't an exaggeration) that would be appreciated as well.

Edited by Mutant1988

This is a bug.  The idea is to only have the beep come in at the 10 second mark.  We will fix.

Unfortunately for some people whether its 10 or 100 beeps it will make no difference. The main problem is that the pitch of the new countdown beeps is absolutely excruciating. I am currently having to take my headset off every time I start a misson because it is actually painful to listen to.

Not much of a deal if it's only 10 beeps to let you know someone started a timer and you have 10secs to get your &#! in gear, right? I don't see the problem, it's just that beeping constantly and non-stop...

This mainly happens because /invite doesn't work unless you either use the UI on top of the screen when you press ESC (and exiting chat with esc when you try to access that screen can lead to you being locked into chat). The alternative that causes most of those infernal beeps is when someone goes in a match to create a session and THEN uses /invite to invite people, because if you have a session selected THEN you can invite people... Which means that the whole thing is obtuse as hell. But that also means that anyone hoping to use the second method, and you vote to shut the beep up, you might end up with a premature voting session before you even invite everyone, or you keep hearing the goddamn beeping.