Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damaged Mods: Awesome For Newbies, Good For Vets!

Xylia

So I was able to log in just long enough to take a look at the new "Damaged Mods", or at least a few of them.

Serration: 2 Capacity for 10%, 3 Ranks.

This is awesome for newbies, because at a mere 5 Capacity Points, they can get +40% damage on their weapon.

This is also awesome for Veterans, too!

While ranking up a weapon, you need 6 Capacity Points to get the same out of the Original Serration (which gives 45%),so this Damaged Serration is actually better than the Normal Serration until you get 6 Capacity Points on your weapon (and even then, it might allow you to get a Mutator sooner if you used the Damaged Serration).

This is a nice touch (though it still doesn't solve the underlying problem of weapons doing too much damage at endgame play, but meh. Maybe u15?).

EDIT: Bad memory, blah.

Edited by Xylia

This is awesome for newbies, because at a mere 5 Capacity Points, they can get +40% damage on their weapon.

40%? If a weapon does 25 dmg, with this mod it will do CRAZY 35 dmg! Who would bother with a less then 105% Serration?

How can a weapon do too much damage O_O. Rather, I can't have enough damage ^^;

Simple: To keep the game challenging at endgame, they have to turn everything into bullet sponges. This is well-covered in some other threads here in GF.

40%? If a weapon does 25 dmg, with this mod it will do CRAZY 35 dmg! Who would bother with a less then 105% Serration?

The MK1-Paris, one of the starter weapons, was doing 165 damage headshots. With the 40% Serration, that turns into 231.

Not bad at all.

Oh, and there are damaged versions of elemental damage mods too, though I've only seen the Melee ones thusfar.

Edited by Xylia

Simple: To keep the game challenging at endgame, they have to turn everything into bullet sponges. This is well-covered in some other threads here in GF.

The MK1-Paris, one of the starter weapons, was doing 165 damage headshots. With the 40% Serration, that turns into 231.

Not bad at all.

Oh, and there are damaged versions of elemental damage mods too, though I've only seen the Melee ones thusfar.

I swear that Paris was so good, or the Grineer were just so bad. I was doing 1k+ damage D: