Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Ui

PixelBlaster

It's really neat and simple, overall pleasing to the eye but i only have one complaint: The new UI for planets. In the past, you could clearly see every single level for each planet but now it's just a mess. Well that's just my personal thoughts, what about you guys?

Personally I think the new UI is kind of clumsy. I liked having everything in view with the navigation bar. And when in the ship, the warframe blocks some text on some menus, namely the mods menu. Also, how the heck do you start quests?

I think it still needs some getting used to. Way too many people came and whined about the new UI even though we haven't given it enough time. When UI 2.0 came some people whined then too, give it at least a week and then see if you still dislike it :S

It's really neat and simple, overall pleasing to the eye but i only have one complaint: The new UI for planets. In the past, you could clearly see every single level for each planet but now it's just a mess. Well that's just my personal thoughts, what about you guys?

I agree, we have to mouse over the planets to see which one they are.

We have to click the planet to see what resources they drop.

The alerts are now easier to see which planet they are but they are harder to see in general.

In the foundry I cant see how much of a certain material i have just if i have enough of it.

No testing whatsoever on this patch.

I really hope this U14 a learning experience for DE.

Personally I think the new UI is kind of clumsy. I liked having everything in view with the navigation bar. And when in the ship, the warframe blocks some text on some menus, namely the mods menu. Also, how the heck do you start quests?

Depends on what quest you're going for first off. But to activate a quest, you have to go to your "Codex" and click on "Quests". Click on the one you need to do and click "begin" at the bottom right. Lotus will come on and talk to you about the required mission.

This new UI stincks, it has ruined the game for me. The version 13 Ui was so easy to read and understand.

I can't even access my dojo now, what is that all about.  I knew this day would come when the programmers ruin an excellent online game.

It is unplayable with this "New UI".  You can be sure they will not fix it.

I like the fact that things I want to click on dont rotate behind chat box or something else now. But everything is clunky, disorganized, and leaves no hint at where/what you're progressing towards. Overall I suppose its visually pleasing, but functionally broken. Probably would be better suited on consoles.

The menus feel like a step backwards as everything isnt avaliable with one click anymore. Walking around the ship to find what I need was fun for 12 seconds. It felt like EVE, where I never want to use it and would always use the 'ship spinner' so I could access everything with ease. Extra steps and menus just serve to add grandour and complexity where none is needed. Anybody who says otherwise is either 12 or an idiot.

There needs to be an option to use a different setup like a 'third person view' of the ship, where we have something like the old UI where everything is available at the click of one button without the need to walk around or use extra menus. Complexity does not make for a good game.

If you press 'esc' you can access the menu without having to go to each seperate console

If you want to start a quest, go into your codex then go to quests

The fact that all planets aren't in orbital positioning and have the exact same size drives me haywire

I really don't like the circle of planets, I really hope they change the planet navigation back to orbital positions.

The fact that all planets aren't in orbital positioning and have the exact same size drives me haywire

Same.  Well, it doesn't bother me that much but it would be a lot better if there were still a way to view the galaxy as before.  Even if it's just in the background or they make it float above the navigation console ME style.

My first thoughts on the new UI, it was created purely with console use in mind and it suffers for that fact. Further opinions will have to wait until I can actually get on long enough to spend some more time with it.

Note that that is just my opinion, if you like it then good for you.

This new UI stincks, it has ruined the game for me. The version 13 Ui was so easy to read and understand.

I can't even access my dojo now, what is that all about.  I knew this day would come when the programmers ruin an excellent online game.

It is unplayable with this "New UI".  You can be sure they will not fix it.

8qxgsFP.jpg?1