Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failed. That's It.

CrugerSoulek

I've been getting this error 

Error.png

Whenever I try to update. So far, I've reinstalled the game. I've set the properties to always run as admin. I've verified the cache on both steam and the game itself. I've allowed it through my firewall and anti-virus (using Avast). I don't use a proxy and my connection speed is pretty up there (around 5-10mb/s). Before U14, it's also said "cannot download some files directly from..." something. I really want to play and I'm being patient about it all, but it's still rather annoying lol. Any assistance would be nice. :s

EDIT, BY POSTER

Something to note:  I also got hit with this bug on an earlier not U14 update.  I found that disabling 64-bit mode helped me out of this issue.  It probably won't work for everyone, but try doing different things and seeing what happens.

Also, try defragging the cache (Unless you already tried that, in that case, ignore this!)

Edited by Sintag

I tried defragging, but it takes me straight to the update failed, above. Also, I naturally have 64-bit mode unchecked because I don't have that OS (though, I really want to get it since it's compatible, but this isn't about that. lol). I've played with the settings on and off (multi-render, though that has no effect. Aggressive and Bulk download/install. Still nothing)

Edit: I also tried a fresh install on my laptop and I'm getting the same thing all around.

Edited by CrugerSoulek

been having a problem with the stupid updater error for over a month now.  it seems that the 'error_internet_name_not_resolved' error is due to antivirus likely monkeying around with the program.  I had comodo internet security cause this: disabling fixed the problem.  But still I keep getting the "update failed please try again later" error like everyone here.  If you look closely it seems like the thing starts downloading the files correctly then automatically triggers verify game cache partially through the process which kills it.  Also, if you verify local files in steam it flags 8 or 9 files as bad, downloads them, then if you verify again it says everything is good.  The moment you try to launch apparently 9 files magically get corrupted and they have to be redownloaded ad infinitum.  This is getting ridiculous, someone somewhere has to have figured it out by now.  You can wipe it and redownload the whole game and it still does nothing to resolve this issue.

Alright, so I finally got it to work (or at least, I found one of the fixes for the single "Update failed please try again later." https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182320-Can-t-Patch-Update-General-Launcher-Troubleshooting Firstly, check through all these steps if you haven't. I feel like an idiot to have not gone through this portion (mainly was sifting through the forums). For me, it was the LAN settings in the proxy. Turns out I had to uncheck everything.  It had the usual start up (starting out 0.0/x  x/mb), so I didn't bother to wait because it kept showing the same results and I already grew patient.

Anyway, go through all the steps on there and make sure you didn't miss anything. It's worth the check and I hope it helps.

been having a problem with the stupid updater error for over a month now.  it seems that the 'error_internet_name_not_resolved' error is due to antivirus likely monkeying around with the program.  I had comodo internet security cause this: disabling fixed the problem.  But still I keep getting the "update failed please try again later" error like everyone here.  If you look closely it seems like the thing starts downloading the files correctly then automatically triggers verify game cache partially through the process which kills it.  Also, if you verify local files in steam it flags 8 or 9 files as bad, downloads them, then if you verify again it says everything is good.  The moment you try to launch apparently 9 files magically get corrupted and they have to be redownloaded ad infinitum.  This is getting ridiculous, someone somewhere has to have figured it out by now.  You can wipe it and redownload the whole game and it still does nothing to resolve this issue.

I cannot thank you enough!

Even though I closed down Comodo, it seems the auto-sandbox was still running in the background; after using CCleaner to wipe everything on my disk, this reset Comodo and made it think that Warframe was an unknown application. After looking at the auto-sandbox logs, it seemed that whenever Warframe tried to update, because it was modifying keys, Comodo blocked it.

I just disabled the auto-sandbox and to my surprise and annoyance Warframe started to update! And to think I spent all of last night downloading Warframe over Steam after it failed to verify game integrity (4.2GB of files for nothing) *angry*

Still, a sincere thanks Hrothgar5!

Edit: I've now added the whole Steam folder to my exclusions list, which should reduce future problems :)

Edited by Els236

Alright, so I finally got it to work (or at least, I found one of the fixes for the single "Update failed please try again later." https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182320-Can-t-Patch-Update-General-Launcher-Troubleshooting Firstly, check through all these steps if you haven't. I feel like an idiot to have not gone through this portion (mainly was sifting through the forums). For me, it was the LAN settings in the proxy. Turns out I had to uncheck everything.  It had the usual start up (starting out 0.0/x  x/mb), so I didn't bother to wait because it kept showing the same results and I already grew patient.

Anyway, go through all the steps on there and make sure you didn't miss anything. It's worth the check and I hope it helps.

Seconded. That worked for me.

I'm posting on here since I feel I have the same issue as you. This has happened to me before but none of the normal solutions have worked for me. My laptop can run the game but my main computer can't. I'm running Windows 7 on it so is that the problem? What the hell do I do to fix this issue? I refuse to believe Warframe developers wouldn't try to make their game compatible with Windows 7 since it is still used by so many.

I'm posting on here since I feel I have the same issue as you. This has happened to me before but none of the normal solutions have worked for me. My laptop can run the game but my main computer can't. I'm running Windows 7 on it so is that the problem? What the hell do I do to fix this issue? I refuse to believe Warframe developers wouldn't try to make their game compatible with Windows 7 since it is still used by so many.

Nah. I'm running on Windows 7 as well (as do most of us on here). Can you post a screenshot of what the message is saying?