Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal

Endrance

Well i know there are already tons of topics about this specific subject, but i had to do it.

I've just made my first raid to Jackel yesterday, with the only info i got on the forums, and didn't even knew he was the boss until i got there...

And my first reaction, upon noticing the boss name was: "oh... S#&$"

5.6 seconds later 2 of us were dead and i was running like crazy to revive them. Unfortunatly, one of us had no platinum revives left, and complety got vanquised for the rest of the boss.

The overall boss fight is fantastic, the fact you need to team up (we were only two now, since the other was annihalated) to make sure we didn't stand on the same side.

Crushing his legs, while making sure those flying bastards didn't drop nucler poops around us was the tricky part, there were alot of them :D

And the reason for the topic is, to let the DE Staff know, that this boss is amazing, i would love to see other similar to it (not the same with another name/color) but boss that actually require you to team up or create a strategy, not just point and shoot/melee.

Keep up the great work, and keep up the Boss ideas comming :D

PS: No Rhino blueprints for me or partner :(

yes.. agree that Jackal is a memorable fight, especially the first time. The opening is impactful, the fight is exciting (and interesing to learn not from wiki, but from first hand account how the legs relate to the shields, and how to avoid the shockwaves etc). And after we finally took it down, it felt good (at least for the first few times)

Its little brother Hyena is also quite memorable to be. Though there is no "destroy leg" complexity, the first time I fought it along in a full Tenno Team, we exhausted all our ammo. Then tried melee and got knocked out/revived a few times (weren't so high level and well equipped). In the end, the whole Team pulled back, ravaged the rest of the mission level using melee weapon to gather ammo, then confront the Hyena a second time, this time killing it finally. It as a long mission but I find it enjoyable (well, at least the first few times, before having to decide to farm it for BP).

2 shots from a lex with proper mods to the leg can stun lock this guy, charge damage, fire rate, and charge speed mod on a hammer can also stun lock this guy. I've had fights where he never got up, even once. I gotta say the hyena is way more annoying if you have a team who doesn't know how to properly fight it.

I really never felt dificulty with this boss however I will agree that he is the boss what has more boss like mechanics to fight.

PS: Well I haven't really felt any difficulty with any boss. I only died in a boss once which was sargas ruk. Bastard put the reflector on me and I didn't noticed. Since I was wielding AFuris I killed myself in a matter of half a clip lol.

I really never felt dificulty with this boss however I will agree that he is the boss what has more boss like mechanics to fight.

PS: Well I haven't really felt any difficulty with any boss. I only died in a boss once which was sargas ruk. Bastard put the reflector on me and I didn't noticed. Since I was wielding AFuris I killed myself in a matter of half a clip lol.

Bosses really need more mechanics to make them much more fun in a fight, and require more strategy then to shoot the bullet sponge.

But I was wielding high powered akboltos my first time fighting Ruk....learned very fast how badly they can hurt and that that blue thing was a reflector.

I didn't had the time to learn lol. That's how good AFuris are. They deal so much damage that if you get a reflector it's almost instant death in a relativelly tanky frame.

My only saving grace with my akboltos? It is a semi automatic so I could go "Wait a minute..." after 3 or 4 shots of very high damage. Especially because I have 100% multishot...

Here's an easy boss. Phorid! As long as you have 200+ shields and no how to move and shoot, move and shoot, move and shoot, repeat to infinity, you'll have no problem downing this one.

At least Phorid has a scream attack that can get people on boxes gaurenteed...unlike some runs on J3-Golem that I've done with groups where we were inside its pull range so it never pulled and its grenades couldn't reach us.

Yeah, it's about the only time I could think of single shot for the win in a boss fight lol. Mine was like. Start shoothing at him, his shield took some slight damage then I just died out of nowhere and was like... Dafuq???? Oh you bastard! You put that S#&$ on me and I didn't even saw. I had like 600 shields and 300 health and I still died in 1 second flat from my own weapons lol. It is hilarious now that I look back. It was my first supercharged weapon so you can imagine. Multishot at 100%, armor piercing at 25%, fire damage at 40%, electric damage at 40% extra normal damage at 80%. It only didn't had cold damage cause I hadn't found the mod by then.

When I fire my AFuris at anything you almost stop seeying the target with the amount of numbers floating around it XD.

Edited by Elhazzared

Well i know there are already tons of topics about this specific subject, but i had to do it.

I've just made my first raid to Jackel yesterday, with the only info i got on the forums, and didn't even knew he was the boss until i got there...

And my first reaction, upon noticing the boss name was: "oh... S#&$"

5.6 seconds later 2 of us were dead and i was running like crazy to revive them. Unfortunatly, one of us had no platinum revives left, and complety got vanquised for the rest of the boss.

The overall boss fight is fantastic, the fact you need to team up (we were only two now, since the other was annihalated) to make sure we didn't stand on the same side.

Crushing his legs, while making sure those flying bastards didn't drop nucler poops around us was the tricky part, there were alot of them :D

And the reason for the topic is, to let the DE Staff know, that this boss is amazing, i would love to see other similar to it (not the same with another name/color) but boss that actually require you to team up or create a strategy, not just point and shoot/melee.

Keep up the great work, and keep up the Boss ideas comming :D

PS: No Rhino blueprints for me or partner :(

I too have fun with this boss.

At least Phorid has a scream attack that can get people on boxes gaurenteed...unlike some runs on J3-Golem that I've done with groups where we were inside its pull range so it never pulled and its grenades couldn't reach us.

His scream attack doesn't even frighten me in the least since he always stops moving when he does it, so basically, you let him scream while you're singing "Walk This Way" to let your shields recharge and begin shooting him again. Or you can take the easy route on top of the box, but scream has knockback, so you take the chance of falling off.

His scream attack doesn't even frighten me in the least since he always stops moving when he does it, so basically, you let him scream while you're singing "Walk This Way" to let your shields recharge and begin shooting him again. Or you can take the easy route on top of the box, but scream has knockback, so you take the chance of falling off.

It doesnt frighten me either...but at least he can do *something* to hurt you when you're on a box.

"[size=4] not just point and shoot/melee."[/size]

[size=4]It's unfortunate that Jackal becomes exactly that when you get good enough weapons.. just take him down once, sit under his leg with gram/scindo (2 people doing it is better) and continuously power attack. He won't be able to stand back up long enough to do anything. Rarely even gets a stomp off. I would like to see more complex bosses though, for sure. The first time I fought jackal it was decently fun, but then again, he just felt like a bullet sponge once I learned the simple mechanics of the fight.[/size]

Edited by Adrenochrome