The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

The Loading Times Have Increased Significantly.

iDarkend

So significantly that it can take several minutes to load into missions that I use to be the first to load into. This screen is extremely common now. 

Blh351D.jpg

It only happens with Multiplayer games. When I run solo I still take a longer time to load in but, it is much less than multiplayer. When I host multiplayer games, people always say they're lagging or they'll get disconnected. Which really sucks because this game is meant to be played multiplayer. 

However, I can say that framerate as a whole has improved slightly. Except when things like this happens.

EJUhg5W.jpg

Neither one matters.

I run the game on an i7 4770, 16GB RAM, GTX 680 also. The load times are asinine.

well... I run it on a S#&$ty dual core 4gb ram with max settings and it takes like 5 seconds.

so really its not DE fault its from your side

I'm having the same issue post-u14. 10-45 seconds solo, 3-5 minutes with a group.

I'd blame my machine (intel celeron b820, intel hd, 4gb ram, etc), but the times were perfectly normal before the update and solo load times are only slightly longer currently.

Checking/unchecking multithreading and the defrag/verify cache options in the launcher had no effect. 

I've also experienced a huuuge increase in loading times of multiplayer games in U14. I'm running on a fairly modest laptop but even then it'd load up a void mission, for example, in under 20 seconds pre-U14. Now I'm left waiting on the Liset loading screening for at least 2-3 minutes, and that's even if it loads successfully: just as often I've had "session unavailable" or "connection to the host has been lost".

Guessing it's a case of optimization from DE's end, as people with machines of all range of specs are experiencing it.

well... I run it on a S#&$ty dual core 4gb ram with max settings and it takes like 5 seconds.

How's it from my side? Have you read anything from this thread? 

15 second load before the update to maybe 5 minutes after and you're telling me it's my fault? My connection is awesome.

Edited by JohnProdman

It's not DE fault

We can discuss that... Before this U14 came, my laptop and loading times were perfectly fine. Now, now it takes forever-and-ever to load a simple screen. I commented in another post as well, but I think it'd be great if we, the players, could decide whether if we want the loading screens or not, it'd be awesome if they'd give us the chance to just have the old screen with no animation...

It's not DE fault

We can discuss that... Before this U14 came, my laptop and loading times were perfectly fine. Now, now it takes forever-and-ever to load a simple screen. I commented in another post as well, but I think it'd be great if we, the players, could decide whether if we want the loading screens or not, it'd be awesome if they'd give us the chance to just have the old screen with no animation...

Same with me. I was fine before u14. And now I don't even run public missions anymore because they take so long to load.

Same with me. I was fine before u14. And now I don't even run public missions anymore because they take so long to load.

I do the same, I just go and play SOLO missions because it's impossible to play in a squad. I'm getting tired of people telling "Change your computer-Buy a new computer-etc" Well, my computer is fine, I'm sure is fine because everything else goes smoothly, everything unless those loading screens...

It's not DE fault

It's not the 3-D loading screens since those are also present in solo, which loads fine. Besides, those might even just be a baked 2-D animations for all we know. 

I have rainmeter running on a second monitor, and cpu usage is only like 20-30 % while the game is loading with other people, which is highly suspect given that it's a garbage dual core. Best thing we can do is try to list detailed specs to see what we have in common.

It's not the 3-D loading screens since those are also present in solo, which loads fine. Besides, those might even just be a baked 2-D animations for all we know. 

If it the 3D loading screens are not responsible for this eternal loading, why they were perfectly fine before the U14? 

Though I agree with you, we need to make a list and provide some details. Like, since I minimize the window before getting into those screens, it only takes 15 sec to get into the missions. However, it happens to me that when I let it on the screen, I won't ever get to play... 

If it the 3D loading screens are not responsible for this eternal loading, why they were perfectly fine before the U14? 

Though I agree with you, we need to make a list and provide some details. Like, since I minimize the window before getting into those screens, it only takes 15 sec to get into the missions. However, it happens to me that when I let it on the screen, I won't ever get to play... 

sou play windowed and    b4 u begin to loadu min it?

sou play windowed and    b4 u begin to loadu min it?

Yes, that's what I exactly do. I remember I asked in Region Chat, and someone said it was because of the graphics consuming all the RAM. So I tried to minimize the window before getting into the loading screen, and it's been working so far I gotta say. I play windowed, before the screen comes up, I minimize it, yes.

EDIT: Sennera, I don't really know either... 

Edited by AkaSeishin

They've changed a number of things other than the loading screen. Off the top of my head: 

- new in-game UI (action prompts, pause menu, etc.)

- different resources being loaded in

- patch notes mentioned optimizations that reduced loading times

- different resources being loaded in, possibly by different methods

- you are loading into missions from the liset, an existing 'level', as opposed to a basic menu

- has to unload liset then load level

- (player) kubrow AI is completely new

- they seek out and attack targets, they use abilities when necessary as opposed to blindly following and moving away from the reticle like a sentinel

- likely has a framework that needs to be loaded in regardless of whether people have kubrows or not

A weird interaction of any of these things could cause a loop or hang in the loading.

I just have a hard time believing that one flying liset = fine, four flying identical lisets = oh gawd the agony.

Coupled with the fact that cpu usage is suspiciously low during the bugged loads (ram climbs slowly, but is nowhere near 100%), I don't think it's an issue with the animation eating up processing/memory. 

However, the issue being fixed by minimizing the game from windowed mode does support the idea that it's the animation. It could also be some kind of interaction between the game having focus and not having focus when there are other players, but that's tinfoil hat zone.

For the record, I am using borderless fullscreen @1366x768 since it gave about equal if not better performance than fullscreen/windowed at lower resolutions did.

Yes, that's what I exactly do. I remember I asked in Region Chat, and someone said it was because of the graphics consuming all the RAM. So I tried to minimize the window before getting into the loading screen, and it's been working so far I gotta say. I play windowed, before the screen comes up, I minimize it, yes.

EDIT: Sennera, I don't really know either... 

i actually been doin thsi THANK!! it really does work

However, the issue being fixed by minimizing the game from windowed mode does support the idea that it's the animation. It could also be some kind of interaction between the game having focus and not having focus when there are other players, but that's tinfoil hat zone.

For the record, I am using borderless fullscreen @1366x768 since it gave about equal if not better performance than fullscreen/windowed at lower resolutions did.

Well, I don't have a Kubrow yet so I don't know how it interferes in the loading screen... I'm running with a windowed screen with that configuration too. But yeah, the only way to avoid that issue, for me at least and so far, it's by minimizing the game. 

EDIT: krabbe17 I'm glad it works! Maybe DE can do something about it, let's hope for it.

Edited by AkaSeishin

So I did testing with the minimizing:

Full-screen: worked (duh)

Borderless fullscreen (what I've been using) is where it gets interesting. When you do a basic alt tab, it just pops up the next window over the game, as it always has. Did not work. You can hold alt and keep tapping tab, and eventually go straight to desktop (or win+D has the same effect), which "minimizes" the game. Did not work.

The interesting part is that in windows 7+ you can preview windows by mousing over their taskbar icons when they're minimized. When fullscreen was minimized, the preview was a black screen with a taskbar-sized slot cut out of it. When borderless fullscreen was minimized, the preview was the proper preview, eg the lisets were flying and whatnot.

SO, evidence points towards the fancy new loading screens as the culprit.

Edit: Someone suggested disabling 64-bit mode in the other thread, that had no effect for me. Guess I'm stuck alt tabbing until this gets fixed.

Edited by Karuna_

SO, evidence points towards the fancy new loading screens as the culprit.

Edit: Someone suggested disabling 64-bit mode in the other thread, that had no effect for me. Guess I'm stuck alt tabbing until this gets fixed.

Thanks for clarifying the issue and trying that too. The eternal-loading-screens are so cool, yeah, the art and all the effects, all great, but it's not quite functional. I hope people could know this window-tricky thing so they can play for as long as the DE decides to fix this bug. 

Also, the 64-bit more, I have Windows 8 and all my programs run in 64bit mode so I don't think Warframe itself would work if that option is disabled, at least for users of Windows 8.

Edited by AkaSeishin