Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Sync-Attacks Should Instakill Any Enemy.

3XT3RM1NATUS

It's OP ' -' No matter your weapon just killing in one hit is not balanced. Some enemies you have to avoid if you want to stay stealth.

Stealth is not kill everything..

Exactly.

When I stealth through a mission I kill only what I really need to, and if you are playing a loki min/maxed into energy then you can just invis through a whole mission no problem.

But I avoid the bigger enemies, like infested ancients, grineer commanders and heavy gunners, and it works fine. Stealth is get through the mission without being detected. Not sneak through and stealth assassinate everything.

It's OP ' -' No matter your weapon just killing in one hit is not balanced. Some enemies you have to avoid if you want to stay stealth.

Stealth is not kill everything..

How is it OP? Sync-kill takes time and leaves you exposed for detection by another enemies.

Also when a Lancer gets up and starts to shoot, gaining attention after his neck got broken by Amphis is totaly reasonable.

i think hevey enemys that obviously show that they are not a normal enemy shouldent be an instent kill, but however the light enemys should instently die even if your sword isent moded into damage like it may need to be in the higher places

i think hevey enemys that obviously show that they are not a normal enemy shouldent be an instent kill, but however the light enemys should instently die even if your sword isent moded into damage like it may need to be in the higher places

I would vote for that.

Instant kill the mooks but leave the heavier enemies alive: eg, bombards, napalm, commanders, heavy gunners and such. The list of heavy enemies doesnt need to be that big, but most of the enemies you face will be able to be one-shotted while still making you avoid the big guys. Like how stealth really should work.

I would vote for that.

Instant kill the mooks but leave the heavier enemies alive: eg, bombards, napalm, commanders, heavy gunners and such. The list of heavy enemies doesnt need to be that big, but most of the enemies you face will be able to be one-shotted while still making you avoid the big guys. Like how stealth really should work.

or even possibly disable them for abit, just incase they really are a problem to progress, it just kinda knocks them out or turns them around for 5-10secs so you can rush forword

I think the design rationale behind this was that if everything was a guaranteed instakill no matter the level, people good at stealth could solo pluto missions with the exact same difficulty as mercury missions, entirely ignoring any difficulty curve.

Of course, right now this is a moot point, because the more difficult missions aren't worth it anyway, but that certainly is something to keep in mind going forward.

Edited by Korevas

or even possibly disable them for abit, just incase they really are a problem to progress, it just kinda knocks them out or turns them around for 5-10secs so you can rush forword

I could see that, though I also think that if enemies come across dead/disabled bodies they should start an alert, but thats a bit off topic anyways.

And if they do get stunned/knocked out make them not just go for the alarm to trigger it but look around a bit and be more alert? Wouldn't really affect a single player stealth run but could cause some more difficulty and fun in group stealth runs.

Though one thing is that if it is going to disable them either lower the damage it deals to the heavies that it just stuns/knocks out or remove the damage entirely. This keeps it from being too easy as well and just balances it out.

Nope.

Make this a mod.

Increase backstab damage by +X%

Just plain simlpy your attacks should NOT kill any and all enemies "le one hit nuke" dealing 999'999 damage in one go.

but then you are just wasting a mod slot and capasity, lets say you put it on planing to be hidden then half way thro you cause alarm and you have modded yourself up to avoid combate then you are just going to abandon and restart because now you know you are going to lose because you prepared yourself for being hidden so much you are not prepared to fight

@tusk

agreed

but then you are just wasting a mod slot and capasity, lets say you put it on planing to be hidden then half way thro you cause alarm and you have modded yourself up to avoid combate then you are just going to abandon and restart because now you know you are going to lose because you prepared yourself for being hidden so much you are not prepared to fight

@tusk

agreed

You are "wasting" mod slots on enhancing your play style. Some "waste" mod slots on shields, others "waste" mod slots on enemy radar, thief's wit or rush.

If you like stealth play, then mod yourself a stealth char imho. The notion that you should be by default able to just one shot ancients or heavy greneer does not sound like a good idea to me, but thats only my personal opinion, and yes: Preparing yourself to be hidden is exactly what i would like to see.

The idea of playing a one shot reaper and a 800+ shield tank sounds pretty disgustingly overpowered.

Edited by Aerensiniac

If you like stealth play, then mod yourself a stealth char imho. The notion that you should be by default able to just one shot ancients or heavy greneer does not sound like a good idea to me, but thats only my personal opinion.

Vats3 actually said it shouldn't just kill heavy grineer or ancients. Mearly cause a stun/knockout effect at the most on them making you have to avoid them. Killing things like lancers, saws and balistas though? I can see that being turned into instantkills because they are lower leveled mooks with low health/armor to begin with.

You are "wasting" mod slots on enhancing your play style. Some "waste" mod slots on shields, others "waste" mod slots on enemy radar, thief's wit or rush.

If you like stealth play, then mod yourself a stealth char imho. The notion that you should be by default able to just one shot ancients or heavy greneer does not sound like a good idea to me, but thats only my personal opinion, and yes: Preparing yourself to be hidden is exactly what i would like to see.

The idea of playing a one shot reaper and a 800+ shield tank sounds pretty disgustingly overpowered.

but stealth is only a playstyle untill you are caught and if you mod yourself into stealth then like i said the moment you are seen you will just dc and you will also be pointless to your team so you would be limiting yourself to just solo play

but stealth is only a playstyle untill you are caught and if you mod yourself into stealth then like i said the moment you are seen you will just dc and you will also be pointless to your team so you would be limiting yourself to just solo play

balance-mind-body-and-soul-main.jpg

Find your balance.