Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Ui Is Not Coming Back

Twilight053

read my posts... I've provided a considerable amount of constructive feedback... i have outlined the major issues with the UI, and provided numerous means by which they could be rectified... 

to the point.. your sanctimonious and rude reply only reinforces my comment to you.

Not on this topic. While you're calling me sanctimonious and rude, which have a hard time overlapping, it's hard to see how am I being as such, when I'm not the one insulting others posts, or even other members themselves. - And I'm sure you're the only sanctimonious, trying to over-protect another member's statements as if they were the only right in the entirety of the cosmos.

did you girls ever hear of cookie clicker? I clicked over 100k times and I wasn't even mad so instead of crying like a little girl on the forums for attention look at the bright side....we can see flying galleons pass us on Earth! isn't that amazing?

Can't say i have. 

The new UI feels exactly like that.

2011.05.21.11.13.53.jpg

While it looks clean you can open every menu from the side bar and clutter your whole screen, im not saying to do that of course but when you compare this UI to Warframe, the latter is very clean.

m4X96dc.jpg?1

I've seen some videos of EvE where you can hardly see your ship because your managing the whole fleet, also EvE's Captain quarters did not come with the base EvE game it was added later on.

Edited by Hisophonic

the new UI isn't likely to revert to the old one... but they definitely need to revamp access to the various menus.  Its clear that they once had the expertise to create a fluid navigation system... its hard to believe that all that knowledge simply left the building... or maybe it did... one guy gone could make all the difference between an experienced clean UI and an amateur rookie one.

the new UI isn't likely to revert to the old one... but they definitely need to revamp access to the various menus.  Its clear that they once had the expertise to create a fluid navigation system... its hard to believe that all that knowledge simply left the building... or maybe it did... one guy gone could make all the difference between an experienced clean UI and an amateur rookie one.

Design a UI fresh from the oven then and then make a thread about it because the way i see it you seem to know how to design a UI from scratch while getting flak from the community of course.

Design a UI fresh from the oven then and then make a thread about it because the way i see it you seem to know how to design a UI from scratch while getting flak from the community of course.

I dont understand why they have not waited a bit longer with the release. It was and it is pretty obvious that the the whole update was overcrowded with obvious bugs, which dont needed any public testing to see, and other major UI issues.

If i would release such a work, i would get fired immediately. of course it is difficult to create a "fresh" Ui - but as anyone else should know there limits, so should the designer recognized that the whole Ui is a step backwards.

Dont get me wrong - it looks fantastics - but as stated in other threads, the look and usage are two different things. They have choosen the "ship"-way, but they should have at least tried to make the new Ui as functional as the old one - that is primary use of a UI.

and if, i mean if, they realized that this is not possible, that would have been the point to start from scratch and not throw out an, admittedly pretty UI, but yet absolutly user unfriendly interface. and i have the feeling to must say it again. it looks brillant, but it is horrible to use, in any aspect. i am not against the 3D interface - it can be big a step forwards for warframe - but not at the current costs.

concerning werespectras design experience: he does not get payed for it, he does not have to design a new one. although i am not really convinct of it ;) this game is still in beta, we are beta tester, we have to look for bugs and other issues, and we provided more than enough feedback (yes, even constructiv one ;) ) to make it better.

Edited by Atvir

Soul Echelon... interestingly enough we don't give even one sh!t about your opinion... all you added was troll food... nothing substantive... 

point in fact if my microwave suddenly required a dozen more button pushes to make a pop tart id dump it and get a more user friendly one... 

i can only simple agree werespectre. soulechelon once more proved that he is nothing more than troll who loves to insult and spam. but every forum has it's parasites.

Lol you call me a troll because I disagreed with you? Or was it because my posts are blunt and to the point about how I feel on the subject?

I see how you both do things. You cry out that people are being "rude" and "trolls" because they disagree with you, even when they're being pretty cordial. Like how you're doing to JRMC right now.

Neither of my posts used any sort of direct insults. And if you took just one look at my history, you'll see how terribly, horribly wrong your asinine assumption is.

I've been here since Feb. 2nd, 2013. I was here throughout most of this game's development, from closed beta and onward. I give constant feedback, post my opinions as well as suggestions, and have been in far more heated debates than either of you two can even dream of. Don't dare insult my intelligence just because YOU feel my posts hurt your little feelings.

Now please, go on and continue calling me a troll because it's the only way you can think of to "invalidate" an opinion that isn't your own. Because in the grand scheme of things? It doesn't even matter. You're just another jumble of 0's and 1's that mean juuust enough to me to post this answer to your drivel.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Lol you call me a troll because I disagreed with you? Or was it because my posts are blunt and to the point about how I feel on the subject?

I see how you both do things. You cry out that people are being "rude" and "trolls" because they disagree with you, even when they're being pretty cordial.

Neither of my posts used any sort of direct insults. And if you took just one look at my history, you'll see how terribly, horribly wrong your asinine assumption is.

I've been here since Feb. 2nd, 2013. I was here throughout most of this game's development, from closed beta and onward. I give constant feedback, post my opinions as well as suggestions, and have been in far more heated debates than either of you two can even dream of. Don't dare insult my intelligence just because YOU feel my posts hurt your little feelings.

Now please, go on and continue calling me a troll because it's the only way you can think of to "invalidate" an opinion that isn't your own. Because in the grand scheme of things? It doesn't even matter. You're just another jumble of 0's and 1's that mean juuust enough to me to post this answer to your drivel.asi

as said,high anxiety. number of post + register date > reason

funny. i love your post and i am looking forward to your next one

as said,high anxiety. number of post + register date > reason

funny. i love your post and i am looking forward to your next one

Ah yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is the picture perfect specimen of one who simply has nothing else to say. They don't have an answer, so they try to make one by demeaning the post in question. It's an age old tactic, usually used by preteens and adolescents, but it has been known to crop in in adults here and there! But you see, there are a few tells, and since he has no rebuttal whatsoever to my post, I shall stoop to his level - just for a few moments - and show you them...

Make note of his lack of capital letters. No punctuation, and take particular note as to how fast he posted this. That...is not a compliment, I might add. It also makes little to no sense. I'm not really sure just what is being stated, other than the acknowledgement that I have a lot of posts and a register date. Is he stating I have superiority? I truthfully am not sure.

Yes...it is of my opinion, that he may or may not be an adult. But perhaps...that is a good thing. Yes. Because if he were an adult, then that would be quite the travesty.

But no worries! There's nothing else for me to say, either. I shall leave this one to continue his complaints, and get some much deserved sleep. My Kubrow's sleeping happily, Ordis has finally shut his trap, I've farmed quite a few Kubrow mods from the new and truly epic tilesets on Earth, I doubt any of this was read at all or was probably just skimmed, and I've grown accustomed to the UI enough to where I can go from menu to menu to navigation to mission faster than before the update. Yes, sleep is deserved, and I shall rest happily knowing this UI is here to stay, and it is awesome...in my opinion, of course.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Ah yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is the picture perfect specimen of one who simply has nothing else to say. They don't have an answer, so they try to make one by demeaning the post in question. It's an age old tactic, usually used by preteens and adolescents, but it has been known to crop in in adults here and there! But you see, there are a few tells, and since he has no rebuttal whatsoever to my post, I shall stoop to his level - just for a few moments - and show you them...

Make note of his lack of capital letters. No punctuation, and take particular note as to how fast he posted this. That...is not a compliment, I might add. It also makes little to no sense. I'm not really sure just what is being stated, other than the acknowledgement that I have a lot of posts and a register date. Is he stating I have superiority? I truthfully am not sure.

Yes...it is of my opinion, that he may or may not be an adult. But perhaps...that is a good thing. Yes. Because if he were an adult, then that would be quite the travesty.

But no worries! There's nothing else for me to say, either. I shall leave this one to continue his complaints, and get some much deserved sleep. My Kubrow's sleeping happily, Ordis has finally shut his trap, I've farmed quite a few Kubrow mods from the new and truly epic tilesets on Earth, I doubt any of this was read at all or was probably just skimmed, and I've grown accustomed to the UI enough to where I can go from menu to menu to navigation to mission faster than before the update. Yes, sleep is deserved, and I shall rest happily knowing this UI is here to stay, and it is awesome...in my opinion, of course.

No, it's simple too bothersome to argue with someone like you. no arguments, always insulting (now because of my not so good english. i dont speak english very often, only here and there in online games and school is looong over and i really dont care about capital letter, especially if i am speaking english - you dont use them anyway too often ;) but hey, we could talk in spanish, french,latain or german - these are my favorites) and so on. Why bother? So i am out :)

The anonymity of the internet is a wonderful thing.

But your posts speak for themselves and everything is recorded.

Edited by Atvir

No, it's simple too bothersome to argue with someone like you. no arguments, always insulting (now because of my not so good english. i dont speak english very often, only here and there in online games and school is looong over and i really dont care about capital letter, especially if i am speaking english - you dont use them anyway too often ;) but hey, we could talk in spanish, french,latain or german - these are my favorites) and so on. Why bother? So i am out :)

The anonymity of the internet is a wonderful thing.

But your posts speak for themselves and everything is recorded.

Indeed everything IS recorded. Like how this whole "argument" started when you called everyone who disagreed with you "rude" and "trolls". Or how when you got hurt and mad when someone simply tried to explain their point of view, or how you seemed to feel like you were being attacked when I told you that I liked the new UI, and, though admittedly in an opinionated way, it was perfectly fine for you not to like it.

It's not like it matters. How many people will read our posts? How many of them will even care? How long will it take for this asinine conversation to be forgotten by everyone involved?

Perhaps English truly isn't your first language, or you would've understood the nuances in my posts. But instead of explaining how you didn't understand, you instead started the real insults. I just fought back. So yes, you're right. Everything IS recorded, and it seems you're the one who comes out at fault. I'm simply the sucker that continued talking to you.

The fact that you simply cannot comprehend, is this. People like things. People don't like things. Sometimes these people overlap. One person likes one thing, while another person doesn't like that thing. Guess what? That's okay. These two people can sit down, debate, even argue...but at the end of the day, more than likely, they won't change each others' minds.

I love the new UI. There are a few glitches and problems, but those can be fixed. Overall, I enjoy it greatly.

You hate the new UI. You believe it's inefficient and needs too many clicks to go to places.

I disagree with you. You disagree with me. And....that's that. I won't change your opinion, and you won't change mine. I wasn't trying to change your opinion of it anyway.

Now, was that clear enough? I hope so, because I'm not going to make it any more clear.

I'll let my need to go to work end this "conversation" right now. So my gift to you, is the final say. Go for it. Make it a good one, because it'll only be there for you to read and boost your ego, since I won't, and 98% of the people who do read it won't care. Peace. *closes thread*