The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Multithreaded Rendering Bug: Since U14

Kylecrafts

Ever since U14, if I enable MultiThreaded Rendering, one of my CPU core's temperature rockets, but the other one doesn't. This means I have one core at 65-75 C and another at 80+ (causing emergency shutdowns). This stops if I disable MTR, and both stay at 70-75 C. No idea why, and this has only happened after U14's rollout. If this could be fixed, I would appreciate it, as I do notice a (small, but still noticeable) decrease in loading times. Any DEv feedback would be great.

~Kylecrafts

Edited by Kylecrafts

The i3-2330M should be able to handle the game no problem. It's a dual core with hyperthreading (2 physical, 2 logical cores). Try using the unpark app. If one of your physical cores is parked, both it and the logical core tied to it won't get used by the game (resulting in the game being processed by only 1 physical core and the logical core tied to it).

Who's the laptop manufacturer? 

Those sound way too high and you probably have a funky set-up (from the manufacturer). ie, bad thermal paste application.

Is it still under warranty?

EDIT:

Also do what Letter13 said, it's not difficult and could solve the problem ;)

as always though, keep a backup of the registry (the program should ask to do this)

Edited by MillbrookWest

The i3-2330M should be able to handle the game no problem. It's a dual core with hyperthreading (2 physical, 2 logical cores). Try using the unpark app. If one of your physical cores is parked, both it and the logical core tied to it won't get used by the game (resulting in the game being processed by only 1 physical core and the logical core tied to it).

That worked, and I recorded the different FPS' at different settings:

Parked MT on 42-43 (overheats!)

Parked MT off 35
Unparked MT on 43
Unparked MT off 35

Thanks for your responses, guys!
Edited by Kylecrafts

That worked, and I recorded the different FPS' at different settings:

Parked MT on 42-43 (overheats!)

Parked MT off 35
Unparked MT on 43
Unparked MT off 35

Thanks for your responses, guys!

Awesome, I'm delighted to hear that your computer is no longer overheating. The system is probably now spreading the processing load equally between the two cores.