Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Or Ash

Cyberspace100

Yeah, they do completely differnt things and fill different roles but what i want to know is, which of these 2 frames can take me to end game and let me kill a high level boss in like 2 seconds.(its possible, ive seen nova do it) I havent played with these frames but you guys have. You know their pros and con. Also, im more of an offensive player, i like to slug it out, take cover and ahoot my way though a mess.

Reasons to pick ASH:

*Ash is a fast, maneuverable Warframe that possesses a high rate of survivability in the field. Fleet movement complements lethal tools of assassination.

*Blade storm is awesome!!!

*Smoke screen looks ok

Reasons to pick OBERON:

*Oberon is a paladin among Warframes. Zealous offensive powers and sacred protective skills make him a balanced warrior with both assault and supportive capabilities.

*Renewal is cool

*Hallowed Ground is awesome ( crowd control)

Which of these 2 frames can take me to END GAME and let me KILL A HIGH EVEL BOSS REALLY QUICK.

BTW: The wiki says this:

Ash is a poor choice in Defense missions unless using a heavy hitting or heavy crit chance melee weapon, and even then consider using Ash for missions other than defense. He lacks a quick, high damage AoE ability that can decimate groups nearly instantaneously such as Volt's Overload, Rhino's Stomp, or Excalibur's Radial Javelin. Ash's only AoE, Blade Storm, is potentially time consuming and the cryopod/artifact could be destroyed before Blade Storm kills everyone in the area.

Edited by Cyberspace100

Please go Ash, all I have to add is forget bladestorm. Go for a melee teleport + smoke screen build (best one for ash imo)

Oberon ... All his abilities are ok for mid lvl mission because he can do many things while being meh at all these things.But for high tier, prepare to have hard times

I have both, i love both.

While Ash has more innate survivability due stealth and high HP pool, Oberon has AoE healing and a very powerfull AoE Nuke, which gives stun and chance to drop health orbs.

I prefer Ash due being more stealth based, and i use Teleport alot, so it's more suited to me, and when i play with friend, i play on Assassinating heavy targets, like Void Heavy Gunner lvl 40+.

I honestly advise you to check gameplays to see each warframe capabilities.

I have both, i love both.

While Ash has more innate survivability due stealth and high HP pool, Oberon has AoE healing and a very powerfull AoE Nuke, which gives stun and chance to drop health orbs.

I prefer Ash due being more stealth based, and i use Teleport alot, so it's more suited to me, and when i play with friend, i play on Assassinating heavy targets, like Void Heavy Gunner lvl 40+.

I honestly advise you to check gameplays to see each warframe capabilities.

ok,  thanks man. The only problem is that the wiki says this:

Ash is a poor choice in Defense missions unless using a heavy hitting or heavy crit chance melee weapon, and even then consider using Ash for missions other than defense. He lacks a quick, high damage AoE ability that can decimate groups nearly instantaneously such as Volt's Overload, Rhino's Stomp, or Excalibur's Radial Javelin. Ash's only AoE, Blade Storm, is potentially time consuming and the cryopod/artifact could be destroyed before Blade Storm kills everyone in the area.

Edited by Cyberspace100

ok,  thanks man. The only problem is that the wiki says this:

Large aoes beside M prime are accessory. Trust your weapons to kill things.

You have mobility, cc and invisibility, which is more than enough to have the opportunity to dps freely, prevent enemies from shooting at you/yourallies/the pod, or revive an ally

Large aoes beside M prime are accessory. Trust your weapons to kill things.

You have mobility, cc and invisibility, which is more than enough to have the opportunity to dps freely, prevent enemies from shooting at you/yourallies/the pod, or revive an ally

yeh

just Orthos Prime and Smoke Screen (with Cont. and Narrow Minded ) and everyone's dead

If you are looking high, level ash is your only real option as Oberon's damage caps out way too soon, so his ult becomes useless due to it having no real stun duration.

Ash would not be my first choice for a high level defense either but a tip for him is not to sit on the defense, but get a good vantage point where you can target his ult at mobs and spam long range death.

I still have my Oberon but he very rarely gets played as he is a mid level meat grinder that sadly loses his teeth higher up.

Ash has a 50m target range for his ult, which means not even a nova can clear a room before you as long as you can see one of the enemy.

The bad thing about ash is that you will most likely, very rarely use anything but his ult, where as Oberon 'at the Right level' has a choice of two fun abilities to spam.

Ash, no question: great survivability from stats and invis and high mass armor-ignore damage from ulti.  Ash is the only frame I could solo T4 surv for 50 min.

But you cant kill most bosses with abilites. you need weapons to target weak spots.

Also, like others said, Ash has almost no utility, he is a damage dealer, if you play defence, you need others to CC enemies then Ash can do the killing.

Edited by Monolake

Ash, no question: great survivability from stats and invis and high mass armor-ignore damage from ulti.  Ash is the only frame I could solo T4 surv for 50 min.

But you cant kill most bosses with abilites. you need weapons to target weak spots.

Also, like others said, Ash has almost no utility, he is a damage dealer, if you play defence, you need others to CC enemies then Ash can do the killing.

ugh who seriously uses shuriken and bladestorm ?

You would deal at least as much damage with a good weapon without loosing energy

ugh who seriously uses shuriken and bladestorm ?

You would deal at least as much damage with a good weapon without loosing energy

The one who knows how abilities work and has experience with them. 

Bladestorm kills faster than Nova with Penta up to ~lvl60-70. Kills even lvl100 Heavy but slower.