Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Irony

Llyssa

the people that hate the UI, generally can take or leave the ship... the ship isn't the problem - the USER INTERFACE is the issue - and the technical faults with the UI have been detailed in many places ad nausea - while the "pro U14 UI" camp thus far only retorts with - oh but the ship is awesome... to which i say who cares? 

the people that hate the UI, generally can take or leave the ship... the ship isn't the problem - the USER INTERFACE is the issue - and the technical faults with the UI have been detailed in many places ad nausea - while the "pro U14 UI" camp thus far only retorts with - oh but the ship is awesome... to which i say who cares? 

this

immersion = fewer interactions required to play the actual game and the new menu system is in your face hugely and require more clicks than the old. a menu system if you want immersion should be something you can get through quickly, understand easily, and gets out of the way of playing rather than obstructing play with nested menus, jarring animation switches such as modding when in the arsenal.

'oh, i must move over here to do this, then i must go back over here to do that.' not to mention it's far to big. 'palm of your hand' none of the frames have hands big enough to hold even the escape menu. white semi transparent boxes around all text, no scaling allowed, no customization nor toggles for some of the more annoying animation/color features in the menu for some players.

needs work.

this

immersion = fewer interactions required to play the actual game and the new menu system is in your face hugely and require more clicks than the old. a menu system if you want immersion should be something you can get through quickly, understand easily, and gets out of the way of playing rather than obstructing play with nested menus, jarring animation switches such as modding when in the arsenal.

'oh, i must move over here to do this, then i must go back over here to do that.' not to mention it's far to big. 'palm of your hand' none of the frames have hands big enough to hold even the escape menu. white semi transparent boxes around all text, no scaling allowed, no customization nor toggles for some of the more annoying animation/color features in the menu for some players.

needs work.

I kinda second this. It would be nice if they just lumped all the Mods menu functions back into one menu, like it used to be, but no. Want to sell mods? Gotta go to the Sell menu. Notice you have a stack of mods that you could use to level up other mods instead of sell them? Gotta leave the sell menu and then go into the fuse menu. See some rares that you have that are unranked, but want to Transmute? Gotta leave the Fuse menu and go into transmute.

My issue with that whole process is I usually forget what I'm doing during menu switches.

Guess we all see "immersion" as being something totally different.. Which is okay because we're all different with a wide variety of interpretations. 

I don't see immersion as being pure convenience. Most of the time immersion destroys convenience. Like forcing players to have to use torches to see at night because to truly feel like you are there, you'd have to see it as you'd imagine you'd see it if you were there.

It sounds like the griping of the UI stems from, "it takes me an extra mouse click or two to get where I am going and since I lack the time to play makes it so that I lose an hour of playtime because of the intrusive menu's".. I'm sorry but that doesn't fit MY vision of immersion very well.

I'm wondering if anyone else finds the new system breaks "immersion".

To me, it used to feel like you were "part" of it, with the command center and the solar system and your frame patiently waiting.

Now it feels more like a game... this is your character, this is your character doing X, this is your character doing Y.

Sort of like Mario. Nobody identifies as Mario, he's the character you're controlling. He's in lots of games. Nobody ever "feels" like they're Mario.

The same here, now... you don't "feel" like you're the tenno anymore.The tenno is a character you're controlling.

It's a strange notion, but it was one of my weirdest personal takeaways from this change, which, ironically, was supposed to increase "immersion", rather than making you feel irrelevant to it.

I think U14 brought the game up to another level (positive). What the game have done this far is actually making it more immersive. I feel like i am that character, and that is what i want it to be. Feel like i am something. Not controlling something. 

Guess we all see "immersion" as being something totally different.. Which is okay because we're all different with a wide variety of interpretations. 

I don't see immersion as being pure convenience. Most of the time immersion destroys convenience. Like forcing players to have to use torches to see at night because to truly feel like you are there, you'd have to see it as you'd imagine you'd see it if you were there.

It sounds like the griping of the UI stems from, "it takes me an extra mouse click or two to get where I am going and since I lack the time to play makes it so that I lose an hour of playtime because of the intrusive menu's".. I'm sorry but that doesn't fit MY vision of immersion very well.

I love the way the new UI looks, but it's hard to deny that it's quite cumbersome in some areas.

My sense of immersion changed forms..

I was a calculating Tenno, deciding where to strike..

Now, I'm a living, possibly breathing individual who has depth or "volume", even when not firing a gun..wind moves, even if it's hard to see..but it moves..

As we Tenno do now.

I agree.

Ditch the ship and new UI.

Twice the button clicks and movement to do simple UI navigation. Less information/Harder to find what you're looking for. Annoying voices on ship. Ugly navigation system with generic rectangle shapes around the planets. Your Warframe blocks the view of some panels... i could go on but is it really worth it? Look in some of these other threads. I've seen screenshots of better UI's done by kids with Photoshop with like 20 minutes of effort. it'd be nice to see a post from DE saying "Sorry guys we bombed this. We'll work on making it better"

Of the people that say they like the new UI, 50% are @$$ licking toadstools and the other 50% are either fools or ps4 users. (But nobody really cares what they think because they aren’t real gamers.)

Wow. Namecalling other people who disagree with you or does not share your interests... and calling PS4 users fools? Wow, just wow, I have no words for you.

Edited by Bloodywing