Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Stomp Duration

Grabehn

Ok, So I was playing a bit yesterday, and I noticed that Rhino's Stomp duration was 3 seconds, while playing online another player said it was around 3s for him. But AFAIK the skill's duration can't be changed. but I did some tests to be sure and nothing.

So I ask, Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any "effect" from an enemy that would reduce the duration of it? Or could this be just another "host/guest" bug? 

Edited by Grabehn

Some enemies are airborne for a shorter duration from my experience than others.  I notice with the G3 they are only airborne for around 3 seconds as you mentioned, while with Excalibur's Radial Blind they are only affected by the initial stun.  I could be wrong, however.

What? Rhino Stomp has been affected by duration since, idk, U8-U9 (when they reworked the entire moveset)  

Duration is the limiting factor of the skill, much like Chaos, as in you can't recast the ability unless its duration has expired.

So more duration--->more cc duration, less spam (max duration/range builds make stomp a formidably long cc) 

less duration--->less cc, more spam (min duration/max efficiency builds make stomp a spammable nuke)

What? Rhino Stomp has been affected by duration since, idk, U8-U9 (when they reworked the entire moveset)  

Duration is the limiting factor of the skill, much like Chaos, as in you can't recast the ability unless its duration has expired.

So more duration--->more cc duration, less spam (max duration/range builds make stomp a formidably long cc) 

less duration--->less cc, more spam (min duration/max efficiency builds make stomp a spammable nuke)

Rhino stomp has always been unaffected by duration. Or at least since U11.

^ikr

I guess they changed it back then, i just tested it, duration does nothing.

The more you learn about this game mechanics, the less it makes any sense

So...it's true D: Well guess who isn't using Stomp anymore.

Edit: Roar ftw

Edited by Octoknightx

Wiki says that Rhino Stomp is not affected by duration so it's probably a bug unless you're using an unranked/unfused  Rhino stomp

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rhino_Stomp

Wikia also stated before Nyxs change that the Absorb was not affected by Range.. After a single run with OE + Stretch, results was the Wikia was wrong. 

On topic: 

Stomp is  should be affected by Duration (the stassis part) whilst the damage is affected by Strength 

Edited by InhumaneSlayer

On topic: 

Stomp is  should be affected by Duration (the stassis part) whilst the damage is affected by Strength 

It isn't affected by Duration though, that's why I said "tested it", otherwise I wouldn't have created the thread in the first place.

Did it with and without max Fleeting Expertise and Continuity btw.

Depends on mod rank.

If you kill all targets getting hit by the Stomp WITH the Stomp, you can use it again.

I'd assume that if you killed all the targets floating in the air then you can use it again, too.

Edited by Etsoree

I use stomp when farming a lot, just to move the mobs along. Duration really isn't a factor at all in my opinion. How ever I note that on higher end mobs -25-35 in general,, that they will stay stuck in the freeze frame animation for up to 8 seconds, and I cannot use the kill until that timer is done. Personally I would like to see them remove  that timer and allow me to stomp freely, but I understand why they wouldn't. Stomp is every effective but like all of the powers of every frame, I think should not be the overbearing god power. If you kill all of the mobs locked in the freeze animation the power becomes reusable immediately. 

Depends on mod rank.

If you kill all targets getting hit by the Stomp WITH the Stomp, you can use it again.

I'd assume that if you killed all the targets floating in the air then you can use it again, too.

I love this assumptions right out the gate, I wouldn't create a thread at all if I didn't at least understand how the mod works. It IS a fully ranked Stomp, which means it should have an 8 second duration, PROBLEM IS that the duration on some enemies isn't going beyond the 3 second mark. Again, fully ranked.

I'm not asking for a "fix" not asking for someone to explain to me how the mod works. But an answer on why this might happen, which I think Naftal might be onto something with it being another "host/guest issue.

Edited by Grabehn

I love this assumptions right out the gate, I wouldn't create a thread at all if I didn't at least understand how the mod works. It IS a fully ranked Stomp, which means it should have an 8 second duration, PROBLEM IS that the duration on some enemies isn't going beyond the 3 second mark. Again, fully ranked.

I'm not asking for a "fix" not asking for someone to explain to me how the mod works. But an answer on why this might happen, which I think Naftal might be onto something with it being another "host/guest issue.

I just explained how it works.

It's just a bug. It happens.

Ok, I've checked some more and it turns out that either guest/host or Solo, Rhino Stomp isn't going past 3 seconds on any of the bosses.

I'm yet to check what's the source for this on "normal" mobs though.

Ok, I've checked some more and it turns out that either guest/host or Solo, Rhino Stomp isn't going past 3 seconds on any of the bosses.

I'm yet to check what's the source for this on "normal" mobs though.

That sounds like a balance thing to me if it's only for bosses...