The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Calling All Tenno, Please Assist!

ReptileZA

Question

Kay, I made a new account just before U14 in anticipation of it. Skip ahead to the update 14, very excited me! Start playing the game and its pretty fun the prologue is genius (Well done DE!) I have no gripes with the update anymore except... They made all starter survival and Defence missions so hard I cannot progress further than the middle of Jupiter due to lack of damage.

''But Reptile dude how are you lacking damage???? U wot mate???''

You only get Serration and Hornet Strike from Defense and Survival missions and a very rare drop from rare enimies.

So please someone tell me what to do, I beg of you all! Im on my knees.

17 answers to this question

I am doing everything you guys said maxed broken serration on my braton (not the MK1) Built a vasto but lacks damage due to not having hornet strike. Skana is okayish with mods on. Playing mag with 690 shields and 335 health atm btw.

Go back to farming defense.

And to you my good sir, a noddy badge for not reading what I wrote.

Edited by ReptileZA

Well, you can add me and if we're on at the same time I can give you an unranked serration. I'll have to check and see if I have hornet strike tho. I get online around 4:30 CST

You are the kindest every and I thank you so much for offering but like I said, I should not have to resort to twinking my chars just because they upped the difficulty.

On a side note all of you okes treating me like a newbie, Im not a newbie, Im a vet who played this game from closed beta. Thats why this problem frustrates me to no end.

Guest Tehnoobshow

You are the kindest every and I thank you so much for offering but like I said, I should not have to resort to twinking my chars just because they upped the difficulty.

On a side note all of you okes treating me like a newbie, Im not a newbie, Im a vet who played this game from closed beta. Thats why this problem frustrates me to no end.

That's why I told you to farm defense, how did you get mods on your old account? As much as DE likes to pretend they've fixed the new player experience, you still have to go farm serration when the damaged mod stops being effective.

That's why I told you to farm defense, how did you get mods on your old account? As much as DE likes to pretend they've fixed the new player experience, you still have to go farm serration when the damaged mod stops being effective.

And I told you they upped the difficulty on the defense and survival starting nodes so that is not possible. You still didnt read I told you in the OP The Defense and Survival is harder than before.

So go get your maxxed Frost/Excal/Nyx/Loki and Penta/Soma/Ignis and you shouldn't have any trouble. If you've been playing for more than a year how have you not already unlocked these nodes? Or gotten a Serration/Hornet Strike yet?

So go get your maxxed Frost/Excal/Nyx/Loki and Penta/Soma/Ignis and you shouldn't have any trouble. If you've been playing for more than a year how have you not already unlocked these nodes? Or gotten a Serration/Hornet Strike yet?

Read a little closer will you? OP says he started a new account for U14 and can't get past Jupiter because he lacks damage. The tutorial only gives a cracked Serration, but no Hornet Strike. Hornet Strike only drops from Infested, which are only available though Dark Sectors, Invasions, and Derelicts. He can't do DS and Derelicts because it is too difficult for his level. Invasions are random, so I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: If you tell him to play online:

No, And i shouldnt have to resort to playing with others. They said you can play the game solo and I want to do just that.

Edited by Xandis

Sigh... Do people read? ''I made a new account just before U14 in anticipation of it.'' (Extract from OP). And if you reply with ''Then send one of your many serrations or hornet strikes form your old account to your new account then: ''I should not have to resort to twinking my chars just because they upped the difficulty.'' (From Post #9).

EDIT: Thanks for reading my whole post Xandis, +1'ed you.

Edited by ReptileZA

Really, Defense and Survival are the missions where you most need to have a team, spreading out to cover different objectives at the same time. Either one, if you can do it on your own, you're going to have to drop short faster, since only one person can't watch every entrance to the defense for very long unless you've already got a ton of super powerful stuff. The game's really designed to be multi-player. Survival's a lot easier to solo than Defense (with my Valkyr, I can take some of 'em up past 30m xD), but solo, you're still at a really big disadvantage, since you don't have three other guys spreading out to kill more enemies, grab extra drops, and hit life support you might not be near. I know you want to be soloing, but as a new account, you might just have to bite the bullet and group up on those missions, until you can get your gear back up to the point where you can solo again.

Really, Defense and Survival are the missions where you most need to have a team, spreading out to cover different objectives at the same time. Either one, if you can do it on your own, you're going to have to drop short faster, since only one person can't watch every entrance to the defense for very long unless you've already got a ton of super powerful stuff. The game's really designed to be multi-player. Survival's a lot easier to solo than Defense (with my Valkyr, I can take some of 'em up past 30m xD), but solo, you're still at a really big disadvantage, since you don't have three other guys spreading out to kill more enemies, grab extra drops, and hit life support you might not be near. I know you want to be soloing, but as a new account, you might just have to bite the bullet and group up on those missions, until you can get your gear back up to the point where you can solo again.

Thanks alot for the input <3. But the point of their New user experience is to encourage solo play but it actually made it worse.

Thanks alot for the input <3. But the point of their New user experience is to encourage solo play but it actually made it worse.

Well, not precisely. The game is a co-op multiplayer third person shooter rpg >.> But it's always had a focus on co-op play. No matter whether you *can* do something solo, it's going to be easier and more profitable to do it in a group. The simple fact of the matter is Def, MDef, and to some extent Survival are cooperative game types - they require teamwork to complete. Or overpowered weapons/frames.

If you're adamant you want to continue solo, you either need overpowered weapons (for that level range) or a frame eminently suited for defenses.

I made a new account just before U14 in anticipation of it.

In which case newbie advice (farm def/mdef/surv for mods) does apply then. My bad for not noticing it, but I fail to see how experience with the game would preclude you from the newbie steps - farm that serration/HS.

Well, not precisely. The game is a co-op multiplayer third person shooter rpg >.> But it's always had a focus on co-op play. No matter whether you *can* do something solo, it's going to be easier and more profitable to do it in a group. The simple fact of the matter is Def, MDef, and to some extent Survival are cooperative game types - they require teamwork to complete. Or overpowered weapons/frames.

If you're adamant you want to continue solo, you either need overpowered weapons (for that level range) or a frame eminently suited for defenses.

In which case newbie advice (farm def/mdef/surv for mods) does apply then. My bad for not noticing it, but I fail to see how experience with the game would preclude you from the newbie steps - farm that serration/HS.

Believe me I do want to farm Serration/HS bur I have an infatuation with playing solo did well a few updates ago (Update 8) but now the first few defense nodes, like Lares and Lua even apollodorus is too difficult now. Im just sad it came to this because DE promised the game will be able to be played solo.

Edited by ReptileZA