Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Volatile Runners Are Murdering Sentinels

Arunafeltz

They may not hurt us much, but whenever we slay Volatile Runners, they will explode anyway and deal damage. Our shields generally shrug them off, but a few explosions in a row is more than enough to execute our Sentinels. They explode even if we kill them before they self-detonate, and bring a long-ranged weapon to take them out from afar isn't even a valid excuse to keep them as they are. DE please look into balancing the radius of Runner explosions or just simply stop them from exploding when killed first.

I've found that letting them self-detonate helps mitigate the problem as the radius is somehow much smaller than when killed. Waste of affinity but it's better than having a dead sentinel for the rest of the mission. Otherwise just melee them if they're in range. But yes, this needs to be balanced as well as the other issues with the new Infested.

I just did an infested survival for a bit (Up to 20 mins since they are buffed a tad beyond what I feel is right, now) and I have to agree. I wasn't sure if it was the runners or what it was, being poison fills the entire field now with the osprays and new toxic ancient aura buff alone, but I was playing as Trinity (To also use blessing to heal the sentinel) but also my Carrier sentinel is maxed in Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber and Regen. My pet was dead, despite blessing (Not spam build) and Regen before 15 mins.

I don't see what the issue is, really >.>

Shade took several kubrow dashes, didn't even scratch its shields. Keep in mind this was during Vay hek's run yesterday, when the Kubro aren't level 8-9, but level 30 at least.

Volatile Runners don't touch my Shade either. Perhaps it's time you invested in a Sentinel version o Steel Fiber, Vitality, and Redirection? Seriously, everyone's complaining about their sentinels getting wiped out in ONE shot, and the only ones I see that happen to are Carrier users.....

Oh, wait, i'm using Shade, Djinn, and Dethcube. Forgot I sold Carrier, since I wasn't using it. Wasn't having fun with 'im.

Since the patch I've only taken Carrier or Helios, it seems the Carrier is more affected by them. With equal distance my Carrier will take damage but my Helios don't.

Forgot to add: my frame shield didn't budge as in no damage recieve while my Carrier is taking damage and died from them.

Edited by Dalawantahr

If they're like they used to be before (like a year ago) then using weapons like kunai or bows should kill them without them exploding as well.

Imo they should buff the runners even more, so you either have to kill them with melee or these other "clean-killing" weapons, or you must kill them BEFORE they come to range. An enemy exploding on your face should have consequences and losing your sentinel is closer to the mild end of the list of possible consequences...

Definitely agree; I've run into the same problem.

Primary problem is the range of the explosion in my experience. Even at 15 - 20 meters (i.e. 50+ feet), they'll still deal damage. Considering the design of most of the maps, you simply can't engage until they're within that range (indeed, they could very well spawn within that range). Only a handful of cells on some maps (and almost all of them are outdoor maps) really even permit firing at targets much beyond the 20+ meter mark.

It's not really '1-shot', but 2 explosions in a row easily bust Sentinel shields, and a few more hits take them down. Even bigger problem is the apparent radius of the explosion, and how taking them out with guns doesn't help the issue at all.

Volatile Runners don't touch my Shade either. Perhaps it's time you invested in a Sentinel version o Steel Fiber, Vitality, and Redirection? Seriously, everyone's complaining about their sentinels getting wiped out in ONE shot, and the only ones I see that happen to are Carrier users.....

Using a Vitality on my Sentinels, but you do bring up something. I haven't actually tested that with Helios and Djinn, and I suppose I should. But Carrier is getting his rear kicked extremely hard, I've taken to using Trinity in Sechura to keep everyone's pets alive lately.