Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Troubles

MagPrime

Question

This might belong in Off Topic, and if it does, sorry for he misplacement!

I'm having some troubles with my PC.  For some reason my monitor isn't displaying anything.  It is getting power though, I've hit the on/off button and it'll give me a "No Signal" display but nothing else.  I've cleaned some ports and someone suggested taking my RAM out and putting it back in, which did nothing.  

I'm not sure what else to do, any suggestions?

EDIT:  This is a desktop.  Also, this isn't a new monitor, I've been using it for the last year.

Someone told me my original post was lacking, hopefully this will help clarify.

I have a two year old refurbished desktop, the monitor is only a year old and I put in a brand new nvidia card in about 6 months ago.  Not sure of the specifics, but I can track them down.  

My Problem;

When I turn on my computer the monitor will not do anything.  I know it's getting power, I hit the off/on switch and it'll give me a "No Signal" pop up, then AOC will flash across the screen in big white letters and then everything goes back to black.  It was suggested that I remove and replace my RAM, after doing such nothing changed.  I've cleaned the ports, but I'll clean them again and make sure they're seated properly. 

What Happened;

I turned my PC off before running errands, came back two hours later and got just the black screen.  None of the cables have been chewed on, nor has the hardware taken any kind of fall/heat/cold/liquid damage.  

Edited by Noamuth

11 answers to this question