The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Weapons Punish New Players

4G3NT_0R4NG3

Honestly, weapon stats don't vary enough for it to really matter. At far, far endgame, when you're trying to do 60+ minute T4 survival or whatever, then having the extra crit or status is a boost... but not so much of a boost as to make up for being a mediocre player. As it stands, a good player with a subpar weapon can vastly outperform a moderately less skilled player with top-end gear. That's as it should be.

Actually a "mediocre" player with top-tier gear can go as far, if not farther, than an "vet" with low-tier gear. Because skill can't replace damage output, no matter how "skilled" a player is. Endless scaling will mop the floor with any player if they can't keep up gear-wise. It's a sad, cold truth. That's why "skill" is not as relevant as it could/should/whateverfloatsyourboat be in Warframe. Sure it helps, but not more than good gear when playing endless missions.

Now, in leveled content that's a different story.^^

Edited by Marthrym

They give you the advantage of exp which is very relevant for the mastery of the high end players.

DE will release enough gear to hit Mastery rank 30 for anything.

Without event gear.

Just that you get there 6 months to 1 year later.

Is that a problem ?

• 2 months later...

Someone sayed "life goes on" ok thats righ but... IN LIFE. That's a game for fun, relax etc. I don't know who that was but i think the one that sayed "games should be realistic" ruined the entire point of makeing games. If i want something realistic like life I do that in my life not in game. In game I want to be whatever i want to, have fun with that etc. because that's the entire point of video games. If you want realistic game that there it is: You die from 1 shot, don't have more than 3 magazines couse you can't carry entire equipment with you (too heavy), you can't jump every time couse you sore your ancle if you fail jump and when you die you need to create new profile couse current is dead and start all over again... They make event for players to play, that's ok but after it (new game type missions) they should leave rewards as they are in that mission. New mission like let's say taking that reactor mission should contain posibility to get parts, mods etc. from the event and that's all. Why? because it's a game and it's for everyone not only the ones that spend 18h in front of monitor every day and don't miss the event like ones that accualy have a real life. Sorry for my english ;)