Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Vs Boltor ?!

o_HiTMaN_o

Question

Hello Tennos !

um before i begin i would like to thank everybody who helped me finding RHINO parts he is A TANK !!

ok lets start

i want to know something before 2 days i bought boltor blueprint and i built it .. it cost about ( 15000 + 25000 ) thats alot .... then i sell it for 7500 after 1 day only ... i dont know what the hell i was thinking .. any way i sell it then i bought GORGON is it better i see it is better in fire rate and damage and clip size !!!! but the accuracy ... hmm

let me know what u think guys who is better and thanks ^_^

and which mods should i attach to GORGON to be a DEATH LASER !!!!!\

sorry for bad english =D

15 answers to this question

I personaly prefer the Boltor or any of the conventional assault rifles like the Braton or Braton Vandal. The Gorgon has a nice DPS Output, but high recoil and a fast drop in accuracy during sustained fire. Also it has a spin up time, so to take advandate of the high dps you have to play rather immobile as many movements will reset the gun and you have to spin it back up again.

As you've just aquired the Rhino Frame i guess you're Kind of OK with a more immobile playstyle, so the part that makes me hate the Gorgon might be no Problem at all for you. As I use the Gorgon myself too from time to time (I guess I hate myself?) I've got some experience with it. If you have the sufficient Level to equip it, I'd go with a Multishot mod, as this will increase your bullet Output without wasting precious Munition, it's rather expensive in Terms of mod pool energy, but it's worth it. A maxed AP damage mod is also something that should be equipped to make the Gorgon a viable weapon against grineer and other armored Targets, as you'll have a hard time aiming at weakspots during automatic fire. I personaly than just add most damage boosting mods I can find in my inventory and put the best fire-rate mod in there to increase the DPS... but a lot of People prefer to increase the Magazine and Munition pool size, to help Keep the gorgon in the fight and minimize downtimes. As installing and removing mods is free atm, I'd suggest you try both variants and see what works better for you. Or maybe try a mix of both.

Anyway, you might find some old threads that will tell you to get a puncture mod, don't do that. Puncture was extremly overpowered before patch 7, with it allowing you to Punch through multiple feet of hard cover or hitting a whole line up of enemies with a single shot. This is no longer the case, you only get a minuscle amount of Penetration that will only allow you to Punch through minimal cover or hit enemies that sit directly behind each other, while costing a lot of energy. So until this mod gets buffed, stay away from it and use the energy for other mods.

Edit: Sorry for the wall of text, but the forum software sometimes ignores all my line breaks for some reason. Bad Forum, stop eating my line breaks. D:

Edited by Feindfeuer
  • Like 1

Boltor is better how !!! what the hell ... am mad of myslef ... but thanks anyway bro :D

Better in terms of accuracy, reload time, ammo economy and that time Gorgon takes to spin up is annoying. It should start spinning when you aim at least. Also, the Boltor pins enemies to walls!

Edited by dragonboss

I personaly prefer the Boltor or any of the conventional assault rifles like the Braton or Braton Vandal. The Gorgon has a nice DPS Output, but high recoil and a fast drop in accuracy during sustained fire. Also it has a spin up time, so to take advandate of the high dps you have to play rather immobile as many movements will reset the gun and you have to spin it back up again.

As you've just aquired the Rhino Frame i guess you're Kind of OK with a more immobile playstyle, so the part that makes me hate the Gorgon might be no Problem at all for you. As I use the Gorgon myself too from time to time (I guess I hate myself?) I've got some experience with it. If you have the sufficient Level to equip it, I'd go with a Multishot mod, as this will increase your bullet Output without wasting precious Munition, it's rather expensive in Terms of mod pool energy, but it's worth it. A maxed AP damage mod is also something that should be equipped to make the Gorgon a viable weapon against grineer and other armored Targets, as you'll have a hard time aiming at weakspots during automatic fire. I personaly than just add most damage boosting mods I can find in my inventory and put the best fire-rate mod in there to increase the DPS... but a lot of People prefer to increase the Magazine and Munition pool size, to help Keep the gorgon in the fight and minimize downtimes. As installing and removing mods is free atm, I'd suggest you try both variants and see what works better for you. Or maybe try a mix of both.

Anyway, you might find some old threads that will tell you to get a puncture mod, don't do that. Puncture was extremly overpowered before patch 7, with it allowing you to Punch through multiple feet of hard cover or hitting a whole line up of enemies with a single shot. This is no longer the case, you only get a minuscle amount of Penetration that will only allow you to Punch through minimal cover or hit enemies that sit directly behind each other, while costing a lot of energy. So until this mod gets buffed, stay away from it and use the energy for other mods.

Edit: Sorry for the wall of text, but the forum software sometimes ignores all my line breaks for some reason. Bad Forum, stop eating my line breaks. D:

thanks alot man .. that post took alot from ur time am sorry =( , but i dont have Botor any more but playing with it for 1 day i get mad cuz if its more than medium range i get hit 1 bullet out of 6 or 7 so i sell it and bought GORGON !! i will put the dmage mods as u told me and the fire rat it will be a tank , but i really dont like the first 2 sec spinning !! i will get used to it and thanks again bro ^_^ that helped a lot

I personaly prefer the gorgon, but there are people that say the boltor is better as well.

In regards of mods; There are some mods you want to use on every weapon no matter what. those are

- multishot

- weapon damage

- armor piercing damage

- elemental damage according to faction

the rest can be filled withconvienince mods like max ammo, clip size or freeze damage

"better" is kinda blur. in the end, it may just boil down to preference and style.

I use both actually. Bolter for general use. Ignoring armor, means that it has a more guaranteed damage output and take the damage multiplier to weak points into consideration, and the current damage mods, I can usually get a consistent number of hits to kill particular kinds of enemies, so that I can just say launch 3 bolts into each enemy I see and move on without waiting for the bolts to finish hitting. All in all, a reliable rifle that does not seriously underperform in any circumstances (except super-long range firefights I guess). Able to "pin" targets to the walls and ceilings, + hearing the dull "thuds" of the bolts also brings a smile from the noisy boredom of other bullet based firearms.

I use Gorgon usaully for boss runs. the high ROF + magazine size makes it easier to stun-lock bosses and grind them to death is good (may need some ammo mods though, for some bosses) When used to deal with mobs, which is more rare since I prefer to use sidearms and melee compared to the Gorgon, i usually use it in semi-auto-mode (except against heavies), which seems more efficient (and accurate). But sometimes I take thrill in wasting bullets against a tight concentration of enemies. they sometimes bunch together to tightly that I just can't resist bringing the Gorgon to roll up to full speed and just spread the bullets in an arc instead of aiming at specific targets... ;)

On Close/Midrange the Boltor is better. More damage (due to armor ignore) and a Polarity Slot(not a great one but still not bad).

It is harder to hit targets on range with it since the Bolts spread all over the place, but that is only an issue on really far away targets.

The Gorgon is more accurate (if you burstfire it) but on armored targets the damage is lower. Still a good Rifle!

Both Rifles are good, but for me the Boltor is the better Rifle.

ok thanks guys i think i will go for AKbolto cuz i sold BOLTOR after paying 45 000 credits over all ( stupid me )

now with gorgon and scindo and aklato .... am thinking to get akbolto to get a gorgon and bolts in the same game !!

if u see that my idea is nice plz vote this post up to see how much people agree with me !

Edited by o_HiTMaN_o

you shouldn't keep selling low level weapons, because leveling weapons will level mastery, and mastery will become more and more important as the game updates...

akbolto is not that good anyway in my opinion, i tend to stick with my lex/bronco

and for gorgon vs boltor... boltor wins hands down, passively ignores armor is a quick win in my book

Only use multishot if you have a potato in the weapon, and thus points to spare. +dmg and +rof will outperform all the time, multishot just helps with ammo conservation as opposed to RoF - imo 40% MS = 50%RoF

RoF will also help the Gorgon spin up faster, although mutlishot gives more dmg/ammo spent, and rof will require more reloads.

Gorgon was the first thing I got to 50, never used boltor much as akbolto is better in every way.

Gorgon>Akbolto for corpus and non-ancient infested as well, where the armor ignore isnt important.

With the new patch, Serration is at 90% at rank 5, so always take full Serr.

Multi is up from 60% to 90%, might make it worth it, but crit chance/damage has also been buffed to useful levels.

No way to tell what will be better without detailed crit chance/damage changes.

Edited by Darzk