Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Name Ur Kubrow. How?

eprstt

bit stuck 

we get a pet. sequence is as follows: 
- see puppy 
- give a name for the puppy (small hint of gender in the question) 
- learn puppy's breed 

name can not be changed. why do I have to call a Sunik like "spade" and Sahas like "hunter"?

why not change the sequence for next
- see puppy 
- learn the gender and breed 
- give a name for the puppy 

we'll lost "random" dog pretty soon (probably). selection will solve a lot. but ...

DE give as a few logic in that simple thing. please.

thoughts about?

wait...

when you ll have a kid... will you know wut kind of job he will do inb4? and name him after it?

son...

you'll be doctor..

ill call you mhmmmm.." Doc"

that sound great

Edited by Tsoe

Ok, translation time. OP is saying that currently you name your pup before you find out what kind of kubrow it is, and he/she wants it changed so it tells you the type along with the gender before you name it so you can choose a name accordingly. I don't know what the loosing random selection part is. Survival of the fittest should be here to stay. I think.

Now, I understand where OP is coming from, wanting to be able to adjust his naming to the race.

But at the same time, I'm personally not really concerned with it. Though that's probably because I name my kubrow like I would a real pet. With absolutely zero regard for it's race XD. But eh, that's just me :P

You can check your mods in the incubation time to see what breed it will be...

But I'm agree the system sucks... and why not just be able to edit name anytime? I mean come on, we don't know the shape, the definitive color it wil have etc... It's not a kid dudes, it's a pet in a video game...

wait...

when you ll have a kid... will you know wut kind of job he will do inb4? and name him after it?

son...

you'll be doctor..

that sound great

sounds great =P ok. well - we'll have to know the tipe of kubrow after he got 30 lvl only. not early. if i have to thinking like U.

You can check your mods in the incubation time to see what breed it will be...

But I'm agree the system sucks... and why not just be able to edit name anytime? I mean come on, we don't know the shape, the definitive color it wil have etc... It's not a kid dudes, it's a pet in a video game...

that. we can check mods. we'll know the profession of kubrow one second after. 

the question - why not before?? what problems? why i need stunts and tricks in simple thing?

• 3 weeks later...

wait...

son...

you'll be doctor..

that sound great

That analogy though.

Who in their right mind would name their kid after the profession they might be involved in? Naming your kids and knowing their profession =/= naming kubrows and knowing their breed (in a video game)

OP is asking for a 'quality of life' change that would help with picking the name. OP wants to know during the naming process what breed the puppy is.

It can't be hard to make this change, those who don't care about it won't be affected but if someone wants to name their newly hatched "insertkubrowbreed" a certain name, they should be able to see it before they name it. I've also had the pleasure of naming my Raksa (didn't know it would be Raksa at that time) certain name only to find out it doesn't really suit her, so I understand where OP is coming from.