Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Bow, Worst Bow?

Glasglow

Well Paris Prime is not just good for Grineer, it's also a good Void weapon.

Dread is a nightmare for Infested because of it's high slash damage, it needs to be modded out well if you want it to handle well against every faction though.

If you want the worst bow, then the MK-1 Paris will be what your looking for.

Edited by __Kanade__

Dread is the best bow in the game, it can take on anything.

How to build? Simple: Forma to the following (V,V,V,V, -)

- Serration (Max)

- Heavy Calibre (Max or rank 6 depending on your preference, I went with rank 6)

- Split Chamber (Max)

- Vital Sense (max)

- Point Strike (max)

- Speed Trigger (max)

- Elemental (90& dmg)

- Elemental (90% dmg)

Radiation for Grineer

Magnetic for Corpus

Corrosive for Void

Heat for Infested (but bring a Penta instead or Latron Prime bow is not ideal against Infested when fighting them seriously)

This build ensures you can kill anything at close - medium range. I do not use bows at long range because of the potential inaccuracy from human error. If you want pure long-range, bring a sniper. A bow is a close-medium range weapon with devastating capabilities.

Note: You can switch out Heavy Cal for a Third Elemental, I do not recommend Thunderbolt as a replacement though, it loses its effectiveness at higher levels.

there are only really 2 bows, Paris prime and Dread, since these are the only 2 with 100% crit chance when modded.

Dread is the best bow because its slash

because a slash proc is so much better than an Impact or Puncture proc.

but really the base element on weapons is pretty meaningless.

you will be doing 30k+ damage of your chosen elements, the other 5k slash or puncture doesn't mean much.

I'm kind of dissapointed to find out that the dread stalker drop bow is the worst of them all, why is the hardest to get bow, the worst one? ._.

It has slash damage, judging from this table: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Slash is the worst possible damage type, half the enemies have resistance against it and it only gives minor bonus to flesh enemies, while Puncture damage is the best type.

Not really, if the critical chance and damage have anything to say about it. 

Then again, just saying that all weapons are viable in one way or the other. There is really no 'worst' or 'best' weapon. 

Sure, you have to get lucky with stalker, but other than getting extremely lucky with the Paris Prime drops, the alternatives - normal Paris and Cernos - are a joke.

Dread has the highest overcrit chance.

Dread has the fastest arrows.

Dread still cascades through a group of enemies, just like bolt weapons do.

Especially as beginner weapon, it's awesome:

It's easiest to mod since it starts with two V.

Thus, without catalyst, dread outclasses everything crit and damage wise.

With catalyst and without forma, dread still outclasses everything.

If you overcrit, everything dies against slash damage regardless.

Dread overcrits the most often, and if you run a desecrate Nekros, you want to cut them in half anyway.

Thus, Dread is the best bow on anything, especially when you just want to have one bow in your arsenal.

Also, Paris Prime is ugly.

Dread oneshots everything on bodyshot up to around Lv50 or so, properly modded. It will continue to oneshot enemies on headshot well past that.

The kicker is armor scaling on Grineer/Void heavies. If your team isn't running Corrosive Projections, and if you're planning on staying in the mission for over 40 minutes, use Paris Prime. If your team is running CPs, use Dread with Viral. You'll be hitting Flesh, since armor is completely stripped with 4 CPs.

I assume that when people say things like "BUT I CRIT FOR 20K!?"

They talk about the headshot damage, which is oneshot either way, no matter what you have in that weapon?

I'm talking about dread shooting into the body of enemies and needing several shots to kill them.

They talk about the headshot damage, which is oneshot either way, no matter what you have in that weapon?

I'm talking about dread shooting into the body of enemies and needing several shots to kill them.

Wait, did you seriously read through four pages and still wind up skeptical of the Dread's offensive potential? I was about to make a post all like "Okay, guys, I think he gets it. The Dread is a beast".

Ahem:

The Dread is a beast. Give it Point Strike and Vital Sense on top of the other usual mods and you'll be one-shotting everything (yes, bodyshots) past level 40 with ease. Headshots are never needed except on Heavy units that are too tanky to be reliably one-shotted (which, even with a level 6/10 Serration, shouldn't be happening until around the level 40 mark).

Wait, did you seriously read through four pages and still wind up skeptical of the Dread's offensive potential? I was about to make a post all like "Okay, guys, I think he gets it. The Dread is a beast".

Ahem:

The Dread is a beast. Give it Point Strike and Vital Sense on top of the other usual mods and you'll be one-shotting everything (yes, bodyshots) past level 40 with ease. Headshots are never needed except on Heavy units that are too tanky to be reliably one-shotted (which, even with a level 6/10 Serration, shouldn't be happening until around the level 40 mark).

Quick question, even tho i have 100% crit rate with dread, pretty often i end up seeing white damage, some enemies have crit resistance?

Quick question, even tho i have 100% crit rate with dread, pretty often i end up seeing white damage, some enemies have crit resistance?

The crit chance is dependent on charge level. The less you charged it, the less crit chance. Which is why you want Speed Trigger on it. Fire rate mods increase charge speed on bows. Edited by Archont2014

Or it procs and kills in one shot anyway.  

The crit chance is dependent on charge level. The less you charged it, the less crit chance. Which is why you want Speed Trigger on it. Fire rate mods increase charge speed on bows.

Eh, that's half-correct.

Charging doesn't have a "continuous" effect in Warframe. Charging your bow 50%, 75%, or 99.9% before shooting will produce the exact same arrow (trajectory, damage, crit chance, everything) as a 0% charged shot. It's "charged" or "uncharged"; there's no in-between.

But yes, uncharged shots do indeed have a lower critical rate, and (to my understanding) can't hit the 100% crit rate that charged shots do. Most bow-users slap on a Speed Trigger mod so they can have access to charged shots much more easily, since they're both stronger and more reliable than uncharged shot spam.

How do you guys deal with corrupted Heavy gunners in Tier 3 Void missions?

I can barely scratch them with my Dread, even with headshots, currently what i'm running on dred is:

-Serration rank 5 (90%)
-Vital Sense Rank 4 (100% crit damage)

-Point Strike Max (120% Crit)
-Speed Trigger Max (60%)
-Sawooth clip rank 3 (20% Slash damage)

What else should i use to icnrease my dreads power? I can barely see 2k crits most of the time, which is not nearly enough to even one shot enemies in T3, especially not armored ones.

I know i need split chamber, working on it..

Edited by Glasglow

How do you guys deal with corrupted Heavy gunners in Tier 3 Void missions?

I can barely scratch them with my Dread, even with headshots, currently what i'm running on dred is:

-Serration rank 5 (90%)

-Vital Sense Rank 4 (100% crit damage)

-Point Strike Max (120% Crit)

-Speed Trigger Rank 4 (50%)

-Sawooth clip rank 3 (20% Slash damage)

What else should i use to icnrease my dreads power? I can barely see 2k crits most of the time, which is not nearly enough to even one shot enemies in T3, especially not armored ones.

I know i need split chamber, working on it..

You need corrosive damage for the 75% damage bonus vs heavy gunners.

You need corrosive damage for the 75% damage bonus vs heavy gunners.

How does elemental damage work, it says that it gave me 360 corrossive damage, is that like 360 bonus damage to my 420 dread damage, and also 75% increase from that 360 damage against heavy units, basically giving me 630 corossive damage against them?