The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Cpu Overheating After U14 Hotfixes

Basurci

After U14 my laptop stopped overheating but later on with new hotfixes it started to overheat again. Had same issue in the past after update 13.1.

I run game on lowest settings except resolution at 1920x1080 game is on DX9 x64 multi-thread.

Other games that I play are running on high or mid settings and I don't get any heat problems after long gaming sessions.

My laptop model is hp envy 17-j053ea, good laptop had no problems besides warframe heat.

If anyone has solution to this problem please post it because i can't put my left hand on keyboard after a while :/

P.S. All drivers and software are up to date, running game at 32bit didn't help either.

It does. I've seen another post with the same problem.

It happened to me after the hotfix where they fixed the loading screens. 14.0.4 If I remember correctly.

Can't play for more than 10 minutes without the pc reeboting itself because of overheat.

I have a very similar laptop, a custom HP Envy 15 with 8gb of RAM, an Intel 4702MQ, and an Nvidia 840m (as opposed to your 740m), and I'm noticed increased heat as well. My fans go to max, which they didn't before, but I don't get overheating. Just extremely hot.

I have a very similar laptop, a custom HP Envy 15 with 8gb of RAM, an Intel 4702MQ, and an Nvidia 840m (as opposed to your 740m), and I'm noticed increased heat as well. My fans go to max, which they didn't before, but I don't get overheating. Just extremely hot.

Yes, my laptop has GT 740M. I checked if I was running game on Intel HD (auto-graphics settings thing) and it wasn't. 

I don't get same problem as Coldseeker but it heats up so badly that I can barely touch left side of my laptop and warframe is using more % then it should.

I also have a problem with heat except its just affects my graphics card instead and makes my laptop go blackscreen through i still can hear the game running and a little after it freezes and i have to force restart. This happens every time my computer gets too hot and it mainly happends when i play wf

I also have a problem with heat except its just affects my graphics card instead and makes my laptop go blackscreen through i still can hear the game running and a little after it freezes and i have to force restart. This happens every time my computer gets too hot and it mainly happends when i play wf

If you have Nvidia graphics card try turning off Nvidia PhysX and in Nvidia control panel set PhysX processor to your video card.

That's because laptops are terrible and can't handle the heat produced by a CPU+GPU(60W+ in a tiny case...). I can only ever recommend 30W max for a decent size laptop(unless extra cooling is provided).

The hotfixes have had some performance improvements included, and that will increase heat. You may want to try it with vsync and Dx11 on with settings turned down to reduce temperature.

That's because laptops are terrible and can't handle the heat produced by a CPU+GPU(60W+ in a tiny case...). I can only ever recommend 30W max for a decent size laptop(unless extra cooling is provided).

The hotfixes have had some performance improvements included, and that will increase heat. You may want to try it with vsync and Dx11 on with settings turned down to reduce temperature.

Form factor doesn't matter Desktop or laptop. I had same problems on Desktop computer, Warframe was taking too much resources for nothing (sitting in login screen).

Performance isn't a problem here, the optimization that they did is gone again for some reason. And then explain me why i can play Crysis 3 without heat problem on mid settings 1080p ?

You'll be very gpu limited in Crysis 3. The CPU you have could do 100 fps+ while the GPU is probably only doing 30(CPU isn't pushed).

If you're in a menu without Vsync on, Warframe will run at 100's of fps, mine will do 200+ easy and is still limited by CPU, only using a low end 750 Ti. It's pushing your cpu and gpu together instead of one or the other.

You'll be very gpu limited in Crysis 3. The CPU you have could do 100 fps+ while the GPU is probably only doing 30(CPU isn't pushed).

If you're in a menu without Vsync on, Warframe will run at 100's of fps, mine will do 200+ easy and is still limited by CPU, only using a low end 750 Ti. It's pushing your cpu and gpu together instead of one or the other.

I'm not talking about how many frames I get in a game I'm talking about heat problems that are being caused by Warframes latest hotfixes. + vSync didn't fix problem :)

If you have Nvidia graphics card try turning off Nvidia PhysX and in Nvidia control panel set PhysX processor to your video card.

well it already runs like this, but i just found my graphics card have a malfunction so it cant handle high temperatures so well