Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are +Damage/health Mods So Strong And Everything Else Is So Weak?

Innocent_Flower

Serration can give you up to 165% damage. High calibre can give you another 165% damage. Each primary weapon elemental mod will give you up to +90 and you've also got the cheap +60 event mods. Then you've got the multishot mod that's very powerful past a certain level and if we realy get into things you've got the +120% crit damage too. 

Increase clip size?  for the corrupted mod 66% and for the regular a mere 30% 

Reload speed? 30% 

Riffle aptitude? 15%. (Rifle aptitude + damage dual status mods are the only way. Hammer shot's possible) 

and for warframes? 

Redirection/Vitality: +440% health or shields. On some frames this essentially gives you about five times the health for only putting one of these on. If you've got a good aura mod, you don't even have to level the frame up for it to be near invincible at lower levels. 

This is nuts. This 'Progression' isn't progressive. It's a Binary 0/1 system.  You're not making the player feel more powerful. It's the oposite. You're taking power away from the player by giving him power (that makes no sense neither here nor in game). You're dividing high and low level content so strongly that you're at the point where players will often feel too strong for one place but too weak for another.   

Because the Warframe mods only increase according to the frame's Rank 0 stats, and they have so many ranks it's very expensive and time-consuming to level them to maximum, and staying alive longer is statistically more important than killing other things quicker?

That'd be my guess.

Edit: Yes, with a good Aura polarity and inherent D polarity on your frame you can be a tank at lower levels, but this can be seen as a reward for having crafted such a high-ranking mod in the first place - having an easier time levelling this new low-level frame.
There's no reason to deny a player this fringe benefit.

Edited by LoopStricken

I feel like you're missing a paragraph or two there. You haven't really explained /how/ the progression isn't progressive. /Why/ it's a 'binary 0/1 system'. They can get so strong because there are so many ranks to them. It takes a lot of mods and money to rank those mods to their max levels of +90% or +165%. The other ones like Reload Speed and Magazine Capacity are common (which means that they take less resources to rank) and have less levels, so their cap is lower. I honestly don't see the problem here.

Some mods are plain bad, such as rifle aptitude (as you've mentioned). But let's look at this sensibly: what would happen if you had anything close to that +440% on fire rate, status chance, reload speed, critical chance, clip size, melee range, energy efficiency, maximum energy pool, ability damage, etc...

Sometimes, less is more.

I'm still not understanding the argument very well here. Is it suppose to be against high level mods or what not? Because not everyone has a Max Serration/Vitaility/What not....Or at least I know I don't, and the 105% Damage boost I get it great when I finally get the weapon to rank 10 to slap it on..Lack of potatoes.

Edited by K244

I'm still not understanding the argument very well here. Is it suppose to be against high level mods or what not? Because not everyone has a Max Serration/Vitaility/What not....Or at least I know I don't, and the 105% Damage boost I get it great when I finally get the weapon to rank 10 to slap it on..Lack of potatoes.

I understood that OP would like to see, for example, reload mods get a buff or something.