Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upgraded Versions Of Our Owned Warfarmes?

Itzkyo

They hinted at being able to reset your levels and being able to polarize a slot in the last livestream, that would add a lot of gameplay time if you wanted to polarize every slot of your equipment, which sounds awesome.

Yeah it'd be cool to have a warframe evolve in other ways beyond mods. I'd think there'd be a huge rift between high XP players and beginners though.

I see that as a plus not a negative, it just means that as a beginner, you have a lot to work for, and as a currently maxed player, you also have a lot to work for.

The last thing i would want to see is everyone being able to max quickly, and all end up on the last few planets with nothing to do.

Already, a maxed out theorycrafted warframe beats the game content so hard, there is no point in such improvement.

--------------------------

I believe it's up to Scott to design more challenging content and balance it accordingly. (And hopefully no more just "Hey lets make the enemies hit harder!" band-aid fix)

In the meantime the "Paragon" or "Prestige" system Steve mentioned will add more progression to the game.

Already, a maxed out theorycrafted warframe beats the game content so hard, there is no point in such improvement.

Simply adding a few aesthetic features on your warframe for the joy of your eyes and for others to know you're not lvl 16, but 46, COULD be a point in such improvement. If they can add skins to weps, why not for frames too?

This idea is great, and even for the simply aesthetic effect i support the OP.

They hinted at being able to reset your levels and being able to polarize a slot in the last livestream, that would add a lot of gameplay time if you wanted to polarize every slot of your equipment, which sounds awesome.

That would be horribly dumb. As I understand it you'll be able to change the polarity of slots that are already polarized - which is reasonable.

That would be horribly dumb. As I understand it you'll be able to change the polarity of slots that are already polarized - which is reasonable.

------------

Poor ability polarity slots.

If you can't add polarity slots then so many weapons are screwed (no polarity slots)

In the meantime the "Paragon" or "Prestige" system Steve mentioned will add more progression to the game.

And would be further out then Update 8 or even a rebuilt Golem boss fight. I would not put a great deal of anticipation into a prestiging system.

I see that as a plus not a negative, it just means that as a beginner, you have a lot to work for, and as a currently maxed player, you also have a lot to work for.

The last thing i would want to see is everyone being able to max quickly, and all end up on the last few planets with nothing to do.

Yeah I can agree with that, part of the reason I wanted to level up badly when I started was seeing how powerful other players were in the game.

+1.

As simple as that. Evolving suits?! awesome!

That would give me more reason to hit 30, really :D

But i would hate to see my suit evolving to a christmas tree, like in other games. Subtle changes, that's the way!

This. This, this, this. Visual representations of change and strength always feel rewarding.

No doubt, though, the sooner the better.

My point there is that there are many other things that need doing before a such a prestige system of polarity changing. Which when you actually stop and think about it is functionally the same as adding more mod energy as Player's are going to twink their frames into particular builds. A Defense polarity is as good as getting anywhere from 1 to 7 Mod Energy on a slotted Redirection.

Not the least of which is a better scaling difficulty. That has to be done first before a prestige system. Hopefully a scaling that isn't just Dark Souls style of slapping down more HP/DPS on existing enemy types. More mixed race missions where everything is hostile to you, inclusion 'miniboss' rooms, maybe even bosses like the Hyena just roaming the map as an enemy.

Once there is a a way to boost the difficulty in a dynamic and decent way, then we can talk prestige systems that functionally increase frame/weapon power.

Edited by Brasten

Holy crap that's perfect. Do want.

My point there is that there are many other things that need doing before a such a prestige system of polarity changing. Which when you actually stop and think about it is functionally the same as adding more mod energy as a Player's are going to twink their frames into particular builds. A Defense polarity is as good as getting anywhere from 1 to 7 Mod Energy on a slotted Redirection. Not the least of which is a better scaling difficulty. That has to be done first before a prestige system. Hopefully a scaling that isn't just Dark Souls style of slapping down more HP/DPS on existing enemy types. More mixed race missions where everything is hostile to you, inclusion 'miniboss' rooms, maybe even bosses like the Hyena just roaming the map as an enemy. Once there is a a way to boost the difficulty in a dynamic and decent way, then we can talk prestige systems that functionally increase frame/weapon power.

Well with the whole new mod system introduced in Update 7, there's little reason to continue farming mods once you've got all of them and they're all maxed. Once you've gotten every frame and weapon to lvl 30, there's little reason to continue using them. With a prestige system in place it adds more reason to continue playing. If it can be designed quickly and easily when compared to balancing and creating challenging content, then by all means it should probably be added to keep players playing. Otherwise, instead of "Wah, wah, wah, this game is too easy." you'll see threads like "Wah, wah, wah, there's no reason to continue playing"

Well with the whole new mod system introduced in Update 7, there's little reason to continue farming mods once you've got all of them and they're all maxed. Once you've gotten every frame and weapon to lvl 30, there's little reason to continue using them. With a prestige system in place it adds more reason to continue playing. If it can be designed quickly and easily when compared to balancing and creating challenging content, then by all means it should probably be added to keep players playing. Otherwise, instead of "Wah, wah, wah, this game is too easy." you'll see threads like "Wah, wah, wah, there's no reason to continue playing"

And there was no point to continue grinding mods back prior to update 7 once you got a fairly decent set of high-level multimods. Guess what. People were doing the same thing "wah, wah, wah, there's no reason to continue playing." And they were correct in that. From a further progression stand there really wasn't once you: got a good set off mods, level to 30 all frames and weapons, unlocked every boss level. Update 7 mods changed that a bit and gave DE some room. In the mean time they could release a single Super Rare Multi-stat card and get maybe another two weeks of top end grinding.

People have also been going "wah, wah, wah, this game is too easy" for just as long. Think about the mused prestige system and current Defense missions. While you may have a super powered frame eventually the pod is going to get one shoted from ever scaling HP/DPS boosts.

Also, in current Mod system there is a reason to keep grinding until you have 1 mod of type each at each Rank. Partly because if you max out all your mods 100% you actually won't be able to use them all on the same frame. Now that will take some time. Try getting 11 Redirection mods and ranking them 1 to 10 (with one hanging out at 0)

Edited by Brasten