Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defenders Invincible In Venus - Malva (Not A Name And Shame)

xolectic

I AM NOT NAMING AND SHAMING ANYONE IN THIS THREAD, SO PLEASE READ BEFORE LOCKING THIS.  If you need to move this to the bug section, go ahead since I'm not sure if this belongs there instead.  If anyone saw my last thread, I was convinced two players were hacking.  However, I am now convinced that this is a very serious game breaking bug instead.  The first player who I accused of hacking later switched to the attacker side and was taking normal damage and dying like I would expect.  This same player was taking zero damage while playing defense without using any abilities as a Valkyr.  Even angstrum bursts and fully charged Stug blasts did zero damage to health or shields.  This player was standing still in front of the objective and killing my entire team.  Another defender was playing as a Frost and was not taking damage, this player left afterwards so I have no idea what was going on.  This issue seems specific to the defenders and not the attackers. 

Sounds like they could just be stacking the maximized mods:

ReflexGuardMod.png250px-QuickThinkingModNew.png250px-Rage.png

Or maybe they had a trinity who was giving them Blessing?

EDIT: But from what everyone else is saying, this sounds like an exploit.

Edited by Auramau

NO DAMAGE at all showed up, No damage numbers.  Just zeros all around..  No matter melee or shooting.

This is exactly what was happening.  I asked one of the affected players afterwards and he/she claimed to have no idea what was happening.  When this person was playing as an attacker, he/she was taking damage and dying just like everyone else.  I am no longer seriously convinced that anyone is hacking, but this is the worst Dark Sector glitch yet.  These players were all alone, they were not being buffed or using any of their abilities.  I don't think they had all their mods at this point anyway, it was about midway through the assault. 

I saw this also today.   Trinity wouldn't reduce all the damage to zero and I would still see damage numbers appear if they were using Quick Thinking and Rage.  The life bar would just shuffle around like crazy.  Reflex Guard would only help if they weren't swinging like a madman with the Nami Solo, which they were.  If it was a glitch I could understand but it only worked for one person in that case.  Last but not least they pulled this off at the start of the match when no mods would be active yet.

I can confirm i'm hitting random zero damage on the Conclaves as well.

I haven't had this issue on Conclave yet.  A lot of people are worried about the power of Mirage + Penta, but at least that can be countered.  What are we supposed to do about invincible players?  I was told to submit a ticket, but I don't want players that are just glitched or exploiting legitimate mods to get banned for "hacking". 

Huh, so there is a bug? o.O

There probably is.  Also, does Reflex Guard block from behind?  I was shooting this person in the back with my Latron and nothing happened.  There was no movement on the health/shield bar either.  Just a bunch of zeroes.  There were no other players nearby that could be blessing them either.

Even still, if you have four other people shooting you, you will go down, no matter what you do.  The guy that was either hacking or had a glitch.  He sure made use of it sitting right were we spawn and tanked shots and melee while killing each of us one at a time.  And no its not being "bad".

Edited by Nogs

Its an exploit. If you were to ask a criminal 'did you commit a crime?' what do you think their response would be?

If they sit there in the middle of your spawn room, taking fire from everything around them while taking no damage, do you really think afterwards they will be thinking 'everything seemed perfectly normal in that game, I don't know what you're talking about'.

Please fix this exploit DE, thankyou.

Definitly an exploit going on. I was at Uranus, Ur, helping the attackers, but the defenders where camping at the spawn point, spamming penta and other stuff. What makes me scratch my head was about this Valkyr, using Hysteria infinite amount of time, as if no energy was taken at all.

This could be with Rage mod installed but i am currently not sure.

But the real mystery is, why doesnt some take any damage? Some seem inmume to any form of attack, while your enemy could simply 1 hit kill you, or otherwise kill you with a couple of shots (Not unexpected damage wise).

I can now confirm that this is a bug because it was happening to ME when I was attacking Hieracon, Pluto.  I was getting angry because I destroyed a Rhino's iron skin and he still wasn't taking damage, but then I realized that I too was invincible.  I assume that certain players thought that I was hacking as well.

Played a conflict just now myself as Defender.

We were winning and got the attackers down to 10 or so Reinfocements left, but suddenly the enemy Valkyr was completely invincible.

Thought she might have ulted, but nope, she was shooting and using her Bo-Staff killing us all and safely ressurecting players.

No chance of winning that match.

Them having an Ash that instant kills everyone didn't help either, but that's another story..