Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ced23Ric

Tech rolls would be nice. But don't give them any invincibility frames. It's a shooter rpg game not a fighting game.

Warframe is a shooter/slasher/rpg! lol

All joking aside I agree.

I dont want any invincible frames either.

Edited by Ronyn

1: Just because a punishment is avoidable by player action doesnt mean its the right punishment.

Its like a game with jump puzzle that send you back to the begining of the entire level when you fall.

Obviously you could just not fall and you wont encounter the problem but game designers found that this kind of punishment created a cycle of non fun and tend not to do that these days.

i dare you to click , and watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY6TrLsN6qM

Honestly, while Runners can be annoying, I think the primary issue with Infected is that the Zerg approach is too extreme for solo play, yet focuses so much on melee that it's a cakewalk with even a single player helping you. I know the game is about co-op and all that, but sometimes there aren't any people on your mission and the Infected spawn heavies at an exsponentially higher rate than any other faction. I mean, I've opened a door on a Solo infected mission and seen 6 heavies right in front of me: 4 Poison and 2 Healers. There's just no way to possibly handle this by yourself at the range I'm talking about because all of them will charge at you, guaranteeing a death by poison. Even the few times I've managed to back away a bit, the Zerg starts spawning behind me, as this is the standard way for the game to punish your lack of progress, and thus the stunlock train begins. Avoidable under normal circumstances, yes, but not when charged by a horde of heavies.

Oddly enough, Infected are a complete walkover once you have a single other player with you because you won't be the target of everything and thus the stunlock is a rare phenomenon. Likewise, you can output enough bullet/ability spam to take out any number of heavies and Runners, essentially cancelling the Zerg effect that hinders you so much in solo play. I think the Infected are by far the coolest faction when it comes to level designs and mood but it would probably do the faction a big favor if they had slightly less Zerg and got some ranged focus. It's currently an all-melee faction that can be countered completely by two guys with a rifle and they seem more focused on preventing solo play than providing a solid challenge for co-op.

It might seem slightly off-topic but I believe the stunlock train is a by-product of a broken faction, rather than simply a questionable game mechanic.