The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Way To Avoid The Stalker?

NoeleVeerod

I have killed many a boss now, and I'm certain the Stalker will be lurking somehwere waiting for the good opportunity to scare the cr*p out of me.

The fact is... I never started any match recently, but always joined online matches that were already started. It's been 3 days now, and it seems like I have... somehow... "eluded" the Stalker's wrath.

Of course this is just a personal speculation and I might get him to visit me the very next match I join, but what I'm trying to say (and I'd like somebody to either confirm my supposition or prove it wrong) is: does the Stalker only attack its target ONLY if said player is the host?

Again do not take anything I say for granted, absolute truth or whatever. I think I might just be imagining things, but this coincidence is curious enough to make me open a thread about it. So, if anybody wants to support or oppose this supposition... you're welcome.

Oh, and of course if I get a Stalker to tear my Warframe down in half while I'm participating in a mission, I will promptly negate my hypothesis.

why? what is bad about the stalker?

Simple because he's a murderous monster to low lvls who have no chance to fight them. High lvl players have a better chance of killing that gives a lot of good junk which is why you want him. However, like I said low lvls have no chance and will be killed most likely immediately. Not only that random parties don't help either and just look the other way while you die.

Stalkstalkstalkstalkstalkstalk.... But yeah, he was coming for me on one mission we were grinding on. Eventually, we just went "Grinding over!" and sprinted to the end, I was at 3 health 0 shields when I got there o.o Oh, and then we got the passive boosts. Now 2 overloads can kill him. Good fun.

Edited by GraalOhOtonami

Stab him.

with a rusty spoon in the face, yeah

but for real i like to challange him in meele combat [block with weapon takes away 50-60% of damage as i can see - need confirm from others]

he totaly makes me fear when i see lights blinking as im affraid of it in real like [we all have some fears] wich is total damn epic point for this game from me, love the person wich created him and brought him to life

I don't know where in my post there was anything saying that I was trying to avoid him, but oh well.

The real question in the whole topic was if the Stalker effectively doesn't attack the player if it is in a game and it is NOT the host. Because I didn't host a single match these days (didn't even play much, to be honest) and surprisingly enough the Stalker didn't bother me at all. Could be just a coincidence, for all I know.

Edited by Vintovka

He will attack the player he spawns after, i have been in games where i am not host and him come strait for me, while the other 3 ppl shoot him down. usually the person who gets the message about "you will not get away with blah blah blah" is the one he is after, and the one he will most likely target over all.

Well this is what I've noticed and usually seems to be the case.

He will attack the player he spawns after, i have been in games where i am not host and him come strait for me, while the other 3 ppl shoot him down. usually the person who gets the message about "you will not get away with blah blah blah" is the one he is after, and the one he will most likely target over all.

Well this is what I've noticed and usually seems to be the case.

Yes. You're correct. The Stalker only attacks the player he is after.

What I wanted to know was if the Stalker only appears to attack the player when said player is hosting the match he is in. But judging from your reply, that is not the case - he attacked you while you were in a match you were NOT hosting, so that proves my hypothesis untrue.

...and that was what I wanted to know, pretty much.

Edited by Vintovka

Stalker will stalk you eventually if you kill a boss. I have encountered him few times. It didn't matter when I join. Also twice after I ran away (not on purpose, just rushing the mission), he seemed to come back for me on another mission, so if he didn't come for you, maybe its a bug, or maybe % or how ever it is worked out if you meet stalker were low and hence you got lucky. Don't worry, iron skin or rhino beats stalker :). Another thing is, it is not true that stalker goes only for the target, multiple times he was after teammates and he attacked me too, before and after killing (usually before since i kill him before he kills the teammate ^^). Stalker lv35 is quite easy but lv45 is big trouble for "most" frames and/or players even if maxed.

Ya I've been in a group when the stalker has showed up, and he has killed 2 other people in my group before I could finish him off. I can't do S#&$ to him without my good swords or shotgun on though, that's the only downside of always having under 30 ranked gear on.