Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Wishlist.

Jiminez_Burial

Hey everyone.

With the large update out of the way (albeit with bugs still being worked on), I thought that desired additions to the dojo could yet again be put in the spotlight.  The clan dojos have been with us for quite a long time, but they can still feel empty, and only useful as an interactive front for the tech labs.  The Liset ship has given us interactivity with the UI and further developed the immersive experience of warframe, but the dojo is still lacking.  With pretty gardens, parkour course, decorations, drums, symbols, dueling rooms, observation rooms and a trophy room, only the instruments, parkour and dueling room allow true interaction and even with that said, they don't allow for a fluid or dynamic form of interaction.

This post is going to set out what features the warframe community wish to see added to the dojo, and will divide them into unanimous yes/no, contested for preference, and contested for lore sections.  Ideas along with reasons behind them posted in the comments below will add to each section, and will move ideas from one section to another.  To begin, I am going to give some features I wish to be added, but if the community speaks against them, they will be moved to the appropriate section.

Please bear with this, as I try a more detailed form of 'feature voting' that will hopefully give DE even more insight into the community.  I will also list already posted ideas along with a link so they can get recognition.

Unanimous Yes:

Unanimous No:

Contested (lore):

Contested (preference):

Debatable (Yet to be decided):

Weapons training room (Countless people)

User created parkour system

Easier decoration placement (some gardens can't have decorations placed)

Better decoration management.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/267306-a-simple-soultion-to-bugged-decorations/

Player ship landing bays, barrack housing, and player achievement wall

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/265114-u14-dojo-features-suggestions/

Kubrow dojo 'play room' and enemy hatred training (brainwash room)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/266293-how-about-getting-a-dojo-room-to-keep-our-kubrows/

Better clan room/resource interaction

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/268734-get-rid-of-the-time-wasting-rooms/

User created dueling rooms (evolution of idea/issue linked below)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/265681-no-obstacles-in-duell-room-anymore-why/

Room design options

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/222006-bring-back-the-old/

Greater freedom when moving rooms around

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/267095-destroying-orokin-lab-in-dojo/

In-dojo mission hub (=(PS4)IIIDevoidIII)=)

"Central HUB. Wall displaying alerts. ability to access starchart directly, form parties, etc."

Mini-game community 'hang-out' area  ( izzatuw / Legion-Shields )

Multi-floor elevators with music ( BabyKurama )

Sorry if this is hard to read.  Please leave responses below.

Edited by Starfreak911

I would say multi level elevators so instead of the regular "X" needing to be pressed like all other interactions you could maybe either keep using that button with two buttons for up and down, floor buttons or using the down and up arrow key. Also one i would love would when you first enter the dojo could you possibly give a hint that you need to build cross hallways to add more nodes, I didn't know and thought with an elevator some might be added in for me, so now I have to deconstruct a duelling room and an elevator to make a cross hallway for more nodes. 

And also I'd appreciate a talking channel just for clan recruitment, because the current all round recruitment channel is just full of people shouting to join they're games, whereas I would like one where I can just look for new members for my clan

I'd like not to have 3-4 dojo halls. Just make them upgradable. :/ So I have a bunch of rooms that will never be anything but I have to have them to unlock other things.

I'd also like to be able to Paint the dojo walls, ceiling and floor.

I would like to see an armory. Some place that Tenno can put their weapons they don't want to use. Either as a place where the clan can collect one of each weapon as a sort of display room or as a place where Tenno can trade weapons. The Tenno who pick up the weapon still have to level up the weapon from 0 of course but it would be a good way for clan members to help each other.

Also I think that kneeling pads would be a nice decoration to add in. Just like in the observatory and the dueling room but a decoration you could place in say, one of the gardens.

I'd like not to have 3-4 dojo halls. Just make them upgradable. :/ So I have a bunch of rooms that will never be anything but I have to have them to unlock other things.

I'd also like to be able to Paint the dojo walls, ceiling and floor.

Like the idea of upgradeble halls

Just a thought for the devs, now that Wildstar is out, they should take a look at its housing system and see the variety they offer. Maybe some features could be incorporated (not the same way, legal issues blah blah) to dojos. I'm not saying you should copy it, just get some inspiration and feel for how deep you can really go and how you can incorporate into the rest of the game.

Features that are in mind that some have mentioned above:

- Wall paint

- More freedom for placement (perhaps a vectorized system)

- Access to the game world or specific maps from the dojo

I would really like us to be able to change the tile decorum, meaning to a Japanese wood plank etc style to match the gardens etc, maybe even rather than the steel doors, the paper doors in old Japanese houses :). 

I absolutely looove the gardens but when the rest of the place is steel, they stick out like a sore thumb :(

I also strongly support the retired Kooby station :)

Edited by Marfoir-Faolchu

I just agree to:

-Acces to the game world from the observatory

Choosing the mission on that holographic system

-Armory:

(heres a link to the photo: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121126190011/fallout/images/2/26/Wheaton_armory_goodies.jpg)

"Thats the idea on my mind"

-Customize the rooms like:

*Lights On/Off*

*Painting system*

-Upgrade the elevators to more floors off course*

-From observatory take those 4 stairs for landing area for ships

-Led wall for "wall text of motds"

raspberry_pi_raspanimated.gif?1394744840

-Give extra option about spawning on the Dojo

-Internet Radio:

(We know that the music from the original soundtrack is good, but we know hearing the same song everytime well... ,make your headache)

Using shoutcast.com is a good way

Note: if you agree with this just add those arent added to the wishlist yet, and btw give a like for the "Led Matrix"

Edited by Agente_GentlePhoenix

There are 2 big things that I feel could make the dojo even better. 1: include the ability to donate materials to the treasury. This would greatly speed up the dojo and alliance feel of community, as well as speed up production of dojo rooms/research, and alliance projects. 2: an armory. Give players the ability to "rent" out weapons that they are not currently using. This would allow lower level or skeptical players to try out weapons and get a feel for them before buying or building them. The "rent" could be money or materials that would go right into the clan vault, also helping out the clan overall. :) please make this!

We NEED a place to practice combat skill, try out new weapons, master wallrun combat, ect.

Maybe use selectable factions/target dummies.

Maybe then we could be better Tenno, not to mention a good place for new players to experiment.

P.S. I love the idea of an armory. Maybe you could attach it to the place I just described so we could try out a weapon prior to purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

A virtual reality room (Shooting Range) where you can spawn your scanned mobs. You can pick a level 10-30-60. So you can damage test you weapons you currently own. Also better map markers in the dojo. Some Dojos are too big and without any map marker its easy to get confused. 

So far a dojo currently feels like another Foundry and Trading tower.

Edited by Blank03

• 2 months later...